Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

i hope we resign didi... i could see them putting dj at second and gleyber at short if we let didi walk... and as good as gio has been i cant seem him starting over andujar... he had a really good rookie season last year just sucks he got injured this year

Last edited:
E44B36E8-3243-40B7-9C9D-4E208718182F.png

Letting Didi walk means Andujar is 3B. Torres at SS. DJ 2B. And Urshela off the bench.

Keeping Didi allows DJ at 3B. Didi SS. Gleyber 2B. Urshela off the bench. And using Andujar in a trade for a pitcher.

I’ll take Didi and a SP> Andujar.

Come the winter if we found a team with pitching - of course depends who it is - and wanted Andujar, ya gotta do it right?

If Yankees are about saving money, which they are. Didi is the way to go. I think he’d leave some money on the table to stay here. Not a lot, but a few mil a year. The biggest contract for a SSbis Bogarts 8 year $120mil. Brandon Crawford signed a 6 year $80mil. My guess is it’ll probably be 5 year $80-85mil.

Didi allows you to trade Andujar for pitching. Which then allows you to trade Happ for prospects.

If you go into Free Agency for pitching, you’re looking at high $20mil for Cole. When you can possibly get a package with Andujar with a SP who has some team control.

*Also is Lindor worth losing Didi and waiting 2 years? You can trade for him, I guess. But that’s doesn’t even solve the actual problem.

Lindor is the better player but he's also an unknown and may not even sign here as we've seen with Machado, Harper, Corbin, etc.

Didi is way too important to the team/clubhouse to let go.

ya they need to resign didi for the low if they can... no need to wait on lindor when that's 2 years from now

Back
Top Bottom