OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

hhhhmmmmmm I think not. Im sure they didnt get that colorway from you.

laugh.gif

Slates have hit stores? They messed them up so I'll be passing. Waiting for those Comets though
pimp.gif

This is definitely a good year for the AM 95s. I know I'll be getting one pair for sure (Hot Reds), but a second pair is possible. Those Grapes look incredible.

Went to go buy multiple pair of slates late this evening...

I've never been so pumped for a shoe, to immediately be so disappointed, in a loooooooooooooooooong time.

That black top strip KILLS the shoe.  Jawns don't even look like "Slates" in person if you ask me.

Bottom Line. 
tired.gif

On to the Comets in June.......

IMO we never should have called them slates once we found out that the color of that one strip was different, to me it's a solid colorway none the less and I think more people would like them if they weren't so hung up on them being called slates.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I've never been so pumped for a shoe, to immediately be so disappointed, in a loooooooooooooooooong time.

That black top strip KILLS the shoe.  Jawns don't even look like "Slates" in person if you ask me.

Bottom Line. 
tired.gif

damn... no bueno

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Bottom Line. 
tired.gif

Still its a clean shoe im gonna cop for the simple fact its so hard to find original colorways of airmax 95's in a size 12.

But whats up with those cool mint airmax 95's on the 1st page ?

yeah, i saw the slates today when i went to ftl for the 50. they drop 5/3. they were ok, but the painted midsole is
sick.gif
. hopefully it was only that pair, but the paint job was horrible, no exaggeration. it looked like it was painted with white out. midsoles will turn immediately. other than that they were nice.
eyes.gif

*EDIT*
also, like eoh said, the blue is way off!!

Haven't seen the Slates in person, but I was just browsing eBay and saw a grip of them. I thought they looked off but I couldn't remember exactly what the OGs looked like, so I figured I'd check this thread. Sucks to see my instinct wasn't off b/c I was REAAALLLY looking forward to these. Nice job, Nike. Way to screw up one of the best warm weather/short weather colorways JUST when the weather is getting warm. I just knew I'd be stuntin' in these on my vacation. Bastards.

I swear if they eff up the Comets.....

i think some of yalls sneaker head elitism gives you a skewed view on things. yes they arent the same as the og slates.
but this shoe looks good. leave it at that.
take a step back and see that its just a sneaker. if it looks good (and this is a good looking shoe) ...buy it wear it. simple as that.

^ I agree to a certain extent. On some shoes there are only minor differences in the retro and og, but they stay dropping new releases all the time. If you're lucky you can come across some og pairs for around the same price range.

Originally Posted by pay jape

i think some of yalls sneaker head elitism gives you a skewed view on things. yes they arent the same as the og slates.
take a step back and see that its just a sneaker. if it looks good (and this is a good looking shoe) ...buy it wear it. simple as that.
The problem is that they were trying to retro the slates and failed. The cw is decent but they should have never called them slates in the first place.

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

The problem is that they were trying to retro the slates and failed. The cw is decent but they should have never called them slates in the first place.
Did Nike call them the Slates retro or did we????

I agree wit Pay Jape, these r a nice lookin shoe regardless. My only gripe would be the midsole but i'll get passed that. Especially when i wont be paying retail anyway

Wait, this is a sneaker forum.. right?? The shoe looks good but it isn't a new shoe. Don't retro a classic colorway and decide to give it a twist. People on the forum are critics because there are classic colorways that made the sneaker what they are. No different from how the black/red 6s or black/red 12s were changed from the original version. Can't blame people for wanting classics back in true form.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Did Nike call them the Slates retro or did we????

I agree wit Pay Jape, these r a nice lookin shoe regardless. My only gripe would be the midsole but i'll get passed that. Especially when i wont be paying retail anyway
All the sneaker websites called them slates when they were first being introduced... Not sure if Nike intended for them to be slates but they look similar enough...

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Wait, this is a sneaker forum.. right?? The shoe looks good but it isn't a new shoe. Don't retro a classic colorway and decide to give it a twist. People on the forum are critics because there are classic colorways that made the sneaker what they are. No different from how the black/red 6s or black/red 12s were changed from the original version. Can't blame people for wanting classics back in true form.

Exactly.  If you're gonna retro a classic colorway, feel free to do it the right way.  I mean, isn't that WHY they're considered a classic in the first place?!  Why do an almost right retro?  Little details make a huge difference on some shoes, and in my opinion, this is one of them.  I don't expect every single detail to be exact on any retro--it just doesn't happen like that.  But getting the colors and color placement correct CAN happen without too much effort.  Yeah, they're close and they look decent.  But for me they're just off and pretty much a nice swing, but a miss.  And there is nothing elitist about that, in my opinion.  It's called calling a spade a spade.   

Back
Top Bottom