⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph is fine defensively, but he's guarding the least threatening perimeter threat on the opposing team. Oubre is hounding the opposing team's lead ball handler more often than not.

Which ALL high usage perimeter players do. Including those with reputations as good defenders....such Bron, Kawhi, KD, etc. Shoot, y’all were clowning Giannis for playing team defense, instead of guarding the best player on the opposing team, or whomever was getting off.

So why even point this out in regards to Steph? :lol:

Which ALL high usage perimeter players do. Including those with reputations as good defenders....such Bron, Kawhi, KD, etc. Shoot, y’all were clowning Giannis for playing team defense, instead of guarding the best player on the opposing team, or whomever was getting off.

The criteria is DIFFERENT for #30

Lol at you throwing Wardell in there. Seems he's the weak link in the team defense.

Wardell has had the luxury of having at minimum 2 guys who defend the other team's best perimeter player all his career pretty much yet the propaganda of elite defense and 'fantastic' defender still prevail unchecked. The numbers nor eye test have ever really supported it. He's one of the best offensive players of all time, just leave it at that.

Fred an absolute dog on both ends :pimp:
props for Thicc Nurse for throwing all kinds of defense at steph
Box and One
ultimate respect

Fred really like that. I like watching him play. It’s wild how out of the 2 other pros on that Wichita State team, he’s the one that probably was the lowest prospect and exceeded all.

And Nurse got a dark side. The box and 1 was cheap man :lol:. Effective for sure, but I hate seeing teams use it. Especially in the damn regular season etc :lol:

I got two words for you.....

Windows....CLOSED!
Brooklyn looks great, and harden lined up to possibly win #1

056A1074-AA83-47C8-A58F-44D726F38112.jpeg

I call it how I see it. >D

Giannis should've at least tried to guard Jimmy last playoffs. He let Middleton and Wes get iso burnt on an island.

Wardell has had the luxury of having at minimum 2 guys who defend the other team's best perimeter player all his career pretty much yet the propaganda of elite defense and 'fantastic' defender still prevail unchecked. The numbers nor eye test have ever really supported it. He's one of the best offensive players of all time, just leave it at that.

Name me a star, perimeter offensive player who hasn’t had that “luxury” :lol:. The got damn GOAT, black cat....played with Pippen & Rodman. Two of the greatest defenders ever. And he himself was an all time great defender, who relied on team defense and others. That’s a good thing.

Stop making it seem like only HE had that “luxury” :lol:. The point is to be a part of a defensive unit that wins basketball games/chips. Steph is ard defensively.

I call it how I see it. >D

Giannis should've at least tried to guard Jimmy last playoffs. He let Middleton and Wes get iso burnt on an island.

This happens. Even LeBron pre switched off KD and left love/jr Smith on an island :lol:.

Ain’t seen you call that tho.

Name me a star, perimeter offensive player who hasn’t had that “luxury” :lol:. The got damn GOAT, black cat....played with Pippen & Rodman. Two of the greatest defenders ever. And he himself was an all time great defender, who relied on team defense and others. That’s a good thing.

Stop making it seem like only HE had that “luxury” :lol:. The point is to be a part of a defensive unit that wins basketball games/chips. Steph is ard defensively.

MJ was an elite defender in his own right though, as was/is Kawhi, Giannis, Bron at points in their career. I thought the whole elite defender Wardell was a running joke, but y'all really serious when there's clearly hella evidence to the contrary. He's been an average one at BEST. YOU need to stop lying woe.

Y'all in here posting clips of Dray and Kerr saying he's great on that end for what purpose exactly? He's been worse that Myrie this year on that end and they supposedly got the worst defense of all time.

Still can't believe Lakers let McGee and Howard escape. Dumb organization

Gasol is a downgrade
I've been curious about this. What was the reason they let them go? Money? I would've thought they would at least keep one of them.

MJ was an elite defender in his own right though, as was/is Kawhi, Giannis, Bron at points in their career. I thought the whole elite defender Wardell was a running joke, but y'all really serious when there's clearly hella evidence to the contrary. He's been an average one at BEST. YOU need to stop lying woe.

Y'all in here posting clips of Dray and Kerr saying he's great on that end for what purpose exactly? He's been worse that Myrie this year on that end and they supposedly got the worst defense of all time.

They simply said he’s improved, and can hold his own. Which has been true for much of his prime. He’s doing a good job this year.

Ive always maintained he’s an above average defender overall. Good in a team concept (elite in some years 😇) and average to slightly below average on ball due to size. He’s been a part of some really good defensive units

What Kerr and Dray were saying is how that part of his game gets overlooked, and he’s improved. Nothing in there talking about him being some all world defender. Just that he does his job on that end, contrary to the narrative that he gets picked on, or “hides” on defense. He does his part. That’s what’s it’s about.

Everything else you saying is complete projection :lol:

I've been curious about this. What was the reason they let them go? Money? I would've thought they would at least keep one of them.

also with Dwight there was a miscommunication with him/his agent/Laker FO over terms/money. They were negotiating then all of a sudden he signed the vets minimum with Philly.

If this year is indicative of Wardell's "improvement" on defense then he was a really poor one in the past.

He absolutely gets hunted on switches, that's not in dispute man.

also with Dwight there was a miscommunication with him/his agent/Laker FO over terms/money. They were negotiating then all of a sudden he signed the vets minimum with Philly.
this

dude basically signed for what the lakers were gonna offer after all
dude jumped the gun and still dipped

Yawnist be ducking matchups half the time

We all remember the playoffs last year where he avoided Jimmy

If this year is indicative of Wardell's "improvement" on defense then he was a really poor one in the past.

He absolutely gets hunted on switches, that's not in dispute man.

He gets “hunted” on switches by 2 of the best offensive forces basketball has ever seen.....LeBron James and James Harden :lol:. Because there were no better options to go at.

Acting like the league been picking on Steph on defense since he rose to elite level is just not true.

His defense slipped in 18 & 19. He was good in 14-15, 15-16 & 16-17. Took a mean dip in the last two KD years. Looks to be rounding back to form and improving again.

That’s a really easy concept man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom