Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if Canelo is still open to doing business with DAZN?

Yea, sounds like his main beef was with DLH.

He’s not going to get that original deal from anyone, and what DAZN could guarantee might still be higher than what SHO/FOX or ESPN would be willing to commit to.

This is from the Athletic

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum received authorization from Pacquiao this summer to pursue a fight with Crawford in Qatar slated for November on ESPN PPV, sources said, and talks ostensibly reached an advanced stage.

Crawford, McIntyre and Kinney attended several Zoom meetings with duBoef, Arum and Top Rank legal counsel where plans for the proposed bout — the megafight he’s long been seeking — were laid out.

Crawford was offered $6.5 million guaranteed, per sources, along with upside of the pay-per-view at $5 for every buy over 300,000. He countered at $9.5 million with upside at 500,000. Pacquiao, one of the sport’s marquee attractions, closed his side of the deal at $23.5 million guaranteed.

Despite Crawford’s unhappiness, he’s being paid handsomely for what his team views as just another fight. The champion will earn $4 million, per sources, $500,000 above his guaranteed minimum. Brook is set to make $2 million

So basically Bob is gonna dangle a Manny fight to try to get Bud to re-sign. Might not be a terrible idea now that I think about it though.

Beating Manny would still be a good look based on how Manny handled Thurman, it’ll be a huge mainstream look, and at that point Crawford will technically have two belts at 147 and Spence will have two as well. Makes the unification bout much bigger, maybe even inevitable.

Smh And people saying bud should leave top rank for pbc when hes making 4 mil for non ppv fights. Grass ain't always greener on the other side.

So basically Bob is gonna dangle a Manny fight to try to get Bud to re-sign. Might not be a terrible idea now that I think about it though.

Beating Manny would still be a good look based on how Manny handled Thurman, it’ll be a huge mainstream look, and at that point Crawford will technically have two belts at 147 and Spence will have two as well. Makes the unification bout much bigger, maybe even inevitable.
how is his possible? I couldve sworn manny was signed to haymon

For Kell to win: fight closer, cut off the ring. I believe he has the cleaner looking combos. Terence throws that right hook wild in his southpaw stance. Get inside, avoid the wild shots and counter with short shots. Kell likes to throw the lead right hand, especially against southpaws and occasionally doubles it, and is able to switch stances mid-combos.

for Bud to win: stay on the outside, keep jabbing his body. Kell looked pretty drained during his interview with Max. Take advantage of that and stab him in his gut. Bud I believe has the quicker feet, so he can also tire him out buy stepping away from Kell’s attacks and countering from long range. Bud has that dog in him and will risk getting hit to get into a fire fight. I dont think it’s a good idea against a naturally bigger guy with Kell’s skills.

Bud should have taken that easy W against Manny. Would have gave him more bargaining power for his new deal with that kind of name on his resume.

I think Thurman might have been his last fight with Al. Eddie’s been trying to set up a fight on DAZN with Pac and Mikey too.

I see why Crawford doesn’t get the shine or promotion like the other guys. Dudes really not marketable. Hell of a fighter though even though he’s lowkey taking on subpar folks right now.

Every established name at welterweight is really subpar besides errol Spence and terence Crawford. People criticize Crawford for fighting brook while everyone else ducks him, but want to see him fight shawn porter who kell brook beat and beat cleaner than anyone porter has ever lost to. I dont get it.

This fight has potential to be a good one.

I see why Crawford doesn’t get the shine or promotion like the other guys. Dudes really not marketable. Hell of a fighter though even though he’s lowkey taking on subpar folks right now.

:lol: He cold for that one. Kell sounds a bit off there too.

Back
Top Bottom