OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Levonta playing SS? Also not sure how DJ Matthews is only a junior, he played with Derrick Brooks

Last edited:
Yup, he moved to Safety in the spring. Though in this scheme the SS isn't your typical SS and have the run responsibilities you would associate with this kind of player. He'll often drop down and be the nickel DB from what I understand

dacomeup dacomeup i don’t know that the tv broadcast did justice to how terrible the playcalling was. The receivers weren’t running routes deeper than 10 yards all game, and then that designed QB keeper on 3rd and 8 from around the 15. Mullen came into the game planning to go up 14 or 17-0 and then bunker down with the defense. The UF receivers weren’t really given an opportunity to do anything.

MVP MVP would you agree?
I think you're underestimating how shaky UF's line is. Mullen's schemed around the weak tackles going up against Miami's pass rush and kept it to short passes. I'm basing my opinion on them being overrated over last season too, when they had a much stronger and experienced OL.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis Surprised JRob over Kaindoh, or has he made a step this year?

dacomeup dacomeup i don’t know that the tv broadcast did justice to how terrible the playcalling was. The receivers weren’t running routes deeper than 10 yards all game, and then that designed QB keeper on 3rd and 8 from around the 15. Mullen came into the game planning to go up 14 or 17-0 and then bunker down with the defense. The UF receivers weren’t really given an opportunity to do anything.

MVP MVP would you agree?

That was the worst game I've seen Mullen play call since he got here. I think that early fumble when we were going into score again got him shook. I went and rewatched the 1st INT to, it was on Swain for not catching it but I think Felipe was passing too Cleveland on the seam and Freddie got in the way. It was the same play that he hit Hammond on in the next series I think. It was a very vanilla gameplan to say the least.

I think he was trying to get Felipe's confidence up early and when he started making mistakes went into prevent mode. I don't think you can call the entire WR group overrated after they were handcuffed cause of the playcalling.

Yup, he moved to Safety in the spring. Though in this scheme the SS isn't your typical SS and have the run responsibilities you would associate with this kind of player. He'll often drop down and be the nickel DB from what I understand
like the rover/Joyner role?

Last edited:
Mullen had to go mostly vanilla, look what happened when Felipe tried to down field, two picks and one well placed ball on play where the Gurvan Hall got caught upfield. We seen that he can't even pass going towards his left, he doesn't have the touch to complete balls over the middle, so Franks basically limited Mullen to the right side of the field where Bandy was reading everything.

like the rover/Joyiner role?
Yeah, they want to use him in that kind of role. I think in his mind it'll be how they use guys like Joyner and Mathieu on the next level. Who's to say if that actually works though.

Joyner was kind of a different breed of dude, he was nuts on the field :lol:
ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis Surprised JRob over Kaindoh, or has he made a step this year?

Kaindoh has barely practiced all fall. So it's partially that JRob took somewhat of a step and Kaindoh hasn't had as many reps. They'll both get a good number of snaps though and I wouldn't be surprised to see that change over the course of the season.

During a show two of the SC and UCLA mods do, they were asked by a fan to rank the Pac12 coaches and talk about them a little bit. The UCLA mod laughed and said honestly there are things we and the Arizona guys would like to say about Sumlin, except a lot of it is the same things we would have said about Sark and wouldn’t really be allowed to. The SC mod laughed and was like “yeah there are definitely some similarities there.”
There were a TON of rumors about him at A&M... And a lot of smoke as things started to come to an end that they had enough to make a push to fire him with cause. Then his wife leaked the anonymous letter and made any effort at that impossible - even though it was later revealed that letter was sent to them by a UT grad. :lol: :lol:

He's a wreck. I was STUNNED he got another job immediately.

Ha so he l agreed to make the move. In HS he was going at anyone that implied he’d be a better LB.
I don't blame him, there are a lot of kids like that. But he'd have to pretty much starve himself to not grow out of the safety position. But these days those S/LB tweener guys are making bread in the NFL so it's not like it's a bad move for him

I'm posting this late because because I wasn't sure how seriously to take this news but it looks like Gilbert is serious about playing wide receiver at the college level. In his first game of the season this past week, he didn't play a single down with his hand in the ground or in line, he played wide receiver the entire game (and balled out).

He's an elite TE prospect but in my opinion, he would only be a good wide receiver prospect. He's obviously got the signs but he doesn't have wide receiver speed at the college level. It seems like he has his mind made up though and his commitment is going to come down to whichever team will let him play receiver full time.

Back
Top Bottom