OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you not see the irony in using the same argument conservatives make? "They're just kids. They can't think on their own and need us to take care of them". :lol:

That's the same logic conservatives use as rationale not to pay athletes, not to listen to them when they speak on social issues and why they shouldn't be able to unionize.
No, as I'm saying that we should rely on the virologists and public health experts, not MY own judgment or the judgment of the kids. You seem to be missing a huge part of the equation here. It's not a conservative rationale. Let's listen to the public health experts here and see if they think that the leagues can pull this off. Let's get an understanding if the long term side effects of this thing is too crazy to even risk it. Leaning solely on the players here for their opinion just doesn't make much sense.

From the jump I’ve held the stance that I don’t want any college sports for 2 reasons...One is that this country is struggling to get a handle on the corona virus, the people that would be in charge of pulling off a season safely with no glitches have shown they don’t know what the F they are doing

And that leads me to my 2nd reasoning which is having the players play without real compensation for their risk isn’t right imo, the players are basically essentials employees but still treated like “amateurs” , that’s a charade that has to end ...if they wanna break the players off some of the profits go ahead n have a season like every other professional, money making league right now

"I don't think they should play because I want them to be compensated":lol:. What about what they want to do?

I totally agree with you that they should be paid but the vast majority of college football players are willing to play in a pandemic under the current model. Who are we to tell them otherwise?

Those who don't feel comfortable playing obviously shouldn't.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

If literally anyone with a brain were in the Oval Office and we could get clear, consistent, reliable information on the virus, I think EVERYONE’s stance on both sides of it would be different.

There’s risk with the virus. There’s risk with driving. There’s risk with just flat playing football.

People assess risk and make decisions of their own free will every day. Some are risk seekers, some are tolerant, others aren’t.

IF we had any source of solid, consistent information, I’d be all for “give them the risks and let them make their own decisions”.

But we don’t have that. So it makes it a little harder to just say “let them decide”.

"I don't think they should play because I want them to be compensated":lol:. What about what they want to do?

I totally agree with you that they should be paid but the vast majority of college football players are willing to play in a pandemic under the current model. Who are we to tell them otherwise?

You don’t find it funny that they wanna listen to the players all of a sudden when the schools and conferences pockets gon take a hit ? ...They never care what the players really want, they not making good faith decisions to have a season cuz they value the youngins opinions...The ppl in charge just letting the players do the dirty work for em as usual

If literally anyone with a brain were in the Oval Office and we could get clear, consistent, reliable information on the virus, I think EVERYONE’s stance on both sides of it would be different.

There’s risk with the virus. There’s risk with driving. There’s risk with just flat playing football.

People assess risk and make decisions of their own free will every day. Some are risk seekers, some are tolerant, others aren’t.

IF we had any source of solid, consistent information, I’d be all for “give them the risks and let them make their own decisions”.

But we don’t have that. So it makes it a little harder to just say “let them decide”.
Yea mane this where I been at with it...A group of players tweeted “let me play” so F it and throw em on the field when it’s still crazy out here just because? :lol: ...The conferences barely have any details bout how the season and Safety would even work besides conference schedules, limited/fans and all the money they stand to lose

Everybody values their opinions until athletes take stances they don’t agree with. :lol:
That’s completely not what I said

This is a much more reasoned approach. And why it doesn’t sit right with me that predominately Black kids are about to be trotted out here to make sure these schools don’t crumble. Especially when the vast majority of CFB could literally give a **** less about the opinions of these kids any other time.

I feel like you guys don't want them to figure something out. I feel like you guys don't want them to play just so you can say "I told you so". You guys don't want them to play yet the majority of them do want to play lol. Some of y'all are weird.

Yes, things are going to look different this season and schools might take drastic measures to play football (players being sequestered to dorms, constant testing, games and practices being canceled due to outbreaks, etc). Also, the players who don't feel comfortable taking those measures or have health concerns for them or their families shouldn't play. I don't understand what you guys are arguing about.

Lol. I think everyone wants the players to play as long as they’re in an NBA model bubble with daily testing and guaranteed lifetime healthcare if one of the players gets sick and the disease has life altering effects.

Of course that would probably amount to admitting amateurism doesn’t exist and the players are employees.

Vast of majority of college athletes believe that they should be compensated as well, and the general sentiment is to be dismissive and disregard that. If you trot these kids out in the midst of this pandemic, then all bets are off. They're employees. We'll see if the NCAA is ready to concede that.

gonna put the phrase ¨essential amateur¨ out into the Universe and see what happens.

What are they doing regarding the high school season in you guys’ areas?

Here in IL they are apparently starting in February...ya know we’ve been told the virus is going to be bad in the cold months so let’s have these kids start football in the coldest month

What are they doing regarding the high school season in you guys’ areas?

Here in IL they are apparently starting in February...ya know we’ve been told the virus is going to be bad in the cold months so let’s have these kids start football in the coldest month
I don't live there, but Ohio is doing a 6 game season where every team makes the playoffs. Sounds insane.

So about cali players transferring to Georgia HS’s...

giphy.gif

So about cali players transferring to Georgia HS’s...

giphy.gif
Country going downhill man

I’ve been out of the loop a bit but has there been any talk of what teams will do if/when the season is cancelled?

Can they continue fall camp and basically just treat it like the spring camp they missed if they attend a school that is letting students return to campus?

And the vast majority of Americans are willing to go to the club during a pandemic, but in that scenario I'm sure you'd agree that what uninformed people want to do shouldn't be the guiding light for every major policy decision.

LOL at the idea that football players, the dudes who try to hide debilitating head injuries and play through degenerative spinal injuries BECAUSE THE CULTURE HAS DESIGNED THEM TO BE THAT WAY, are the best judges of what's good for their or anyone else's health and well-being. Of course they'd want to play in a disease pandemic that could kill them or cripple their adult lives. They've already been programmed to do that every Saturday for free.

AND ONE MORE THING: Saying "listen to the employees who want to be compensated for their work, but listen to an expert about what constitutes a safe work environment" are not mutually exclusive stances to take.

Last edited:
Anyway, all of this is moot because Russia has a vaccine. Putin saves the country again.

Mississippi bout to change their state flag to the hammer and sickle with 11 stars around it.

Considering Russia is part of the United States I agree with this. Our Prime Minister ELECT PUTIN SAVES US AGAIN. RUSSIA 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺

Back
Top Bottom