OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn if UNC keeps getting these croots there might be someone in the ACC to at least give Clemson a game in the future

Mack couldn’t really coach at UT either. The wheels fell off there because they started missing a lot of evals in recruiting and he whiffed on a bunch of assistant hires towards the end.

He’s the OG Dabo, as long as he surrounds himself with talent and a quality coaching staff he’s going to win ball games.

That debate we all had in here about Texas, football, and Covid is looming more and more curious each week.

Edit

Autocorrect changed “looking” to “looming” but looming works too, really.

They have that kinda money? :lol:
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Mack couldn’t really coach at UT either. The wheels fell off there because they started missing a lot of evals in recruiting and he whiffed on a bunch of assistant hires towards the end.

He’s the OG Dabo, as long as he surrounds himself with talent and a quality coaching staff he’s going to win ball games.
For all the hype though, they won 7 games last year. :lol: Including one where Miami had like a 70% win expectancy rate. Let’s see how they look on the field this year. Could very well be 0-2 heading in Week 3 assuming we get OOC games.

Sometimes the individual results don't matter, what's more important is what you can sell. I'm sure many more people know that they almost beat Clemson vs that they lost to App St. The parents of these kids remember his era at UNC and what they did during that time and UNC as a whole has a lot of support in the state.

Mack was smart and build a great staff around him to do a lot of the grinding and take things off of his plate to allow him to fill certain roles and voids that need to be filled.

Sometimes the individual results don't matter, what's more important is what you can sell.
Oh 100%. Miami went 6-7 and is somehow selling top kids on getting into the boat. I'm just cautioning the hype either way. It wasn't like UNC was devoid of talent, they're honestly barely behind Miami in how they've recruited over the past decade plus.

How does Cal consistently get away with this garbage, between their stadium that should have never been remodeled and then now this.... man...

Paul makes some decent points in this video. Even the most optimistic college football fans don't expect there to be a full schedule, with packed stands that starts and finishes on time. There will be some modification, less capacity, only conference games or the season might end early.

Playing a full schedule, that starts on time at 50% capacity is the best case scenario in my opinion

Oh 100%. Miami went 6-7 and is somehow selling top kids on getting into the boat. I'm just cautioning the hype either way. It wasn't like UNC was devoid of talent, they're honestly barely behind Miami in how they've recruited over the past decade plus.
Let me say this, Manny Just need to get to 8 wins and a bowl win this season to get some sort of confidence . He's not at that pack your bags phase yet. I'll give him few more years to get Miami to that 8-9 win B- to Solid B type of team to build on.

Let me say this, Manny Just need to get to 8 wins and a bowl win this season to get some sort of confidence . He's not at that pack your bags phase yet. I'll give him few more years to get Miami to that 8-9 win B- to Solid B type of team to build on.
Leash isn't going to be long after a disastrous year 1, and 8 wins with this schedule/roster is a disappointment any way you slice it. I'm not super worried as the OC, unreliable QB and all-time bad kicking situation probably cost the team wins against UNC, UF, GT and VTech. Even if you best case give Miami 2 of those games, then the narrative completely shifts on Manny and the trajectory of everything around the program.

Leash isn't going to be long after a disastrous year 1, and 8 wins with this schedule/roster is a disappointment any way you slice it. I'm not super worried as the OC, unreliable QB and all-time bad kicking situation probably cost the team wins against UNC, UF, GT and VTech. Even if you best case give Miami 2 of those games, then the narrative completely shifts on Manny and the trajectory of everything around the program.

Realistically Miami is a 8 win team because of those reasons and Lets be honest ACC is weak conference as a whole with the exceptions of Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom