OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
College Football is so important to the economies of southern states the world would have to burn before they cancel games. Personally I don’t see why players like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are so eager to play.

Both of them could sit out and still be drafted high.

College Football is so important to the economies of southern states the world would have to burn before they cancel games. Personally I don’t see why players like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are so eager to play.

trey lance and maybe the tackle from Oregon are the only guys who could MAYBE stop them from being the top 2 picks

zero sense why they didn’t opt out and hire an agent and start getting paid while they start draft prep

trey lance and maybe the tackle from Oregon are the only guys who could MAYBE stop them from being the top 2 picks

zero sense why they didn’t opt out and hire an agent and start getting paid while they start draft prep

I'm as cynical as the next guy and I'm fully aware (as I'm sure Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence are) that college football is a business but maybe, just maybe these guys actually like playing college football, enjoy being around their teammates and coaches and would like to pursue a national championship.

obviously they like to play college football and love being around their teammates. I applaud them for that.

But it still doesn't mean its a wise move. Lets be real. Guys like them are playing football because they can change their life and their families. There's no point in risking their futures here. F an insurance policy. Take the season off, keep the body sound, get ready to be drafted in the top 5. Neither can improve their draft position by station. And in this era of concussions, stay fresh

Its flat out dumb. But hey, kudos to them. My son would have had to opt out by now. No question.

If I'm Trey Smith, there's no way in heck I'm anywhere near a football field this year. At the very least I'd come back in 2021. He's an adult and he can make his own decisions but this is a huge risk for someone who is immunosuppressed and is already had blood clots on his lungs.
So listen to the kids, even when they're making a decision that could be near fatal?

I wonder if the NCAA would grant immediate transfer for guys who want to play in conferences who decide to play?

I wonder if the NCAA would grant immediate transfer for guys who want to play in conferences who decide to play?

I asked about this on the Georgia 247 board. The issue is that even if these players were granted immediate eligibility, very few schools have scholarships available for the 2020 season, just about every major school is already at 85 scholarships. Initially I thought the transfers would count against the 2021 number but I was wrong.

I would absolutely be stunned if the SEC and ACC end up playing. There's going to be too much pressure for them to cancel.

I would absolutely be stunned if the SEC and ACC end up playing. There's going to be too much pressure for them to cancel.

and it’s sad that it ain’t going be internal pressure

cause what the F the school(s) going do if one player dies

at least when the MLB doesn’t have a plan in place for an outbreak, those are professionals getting paid

I'm as cynical as the next guy and I'm fully aware (as I'm sure Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence are) that college football is a business but maybe, just maybe these guys actually like playing college football, enjoy being around their teammates and coaches and would like to pursue a national championship.

Quite honestly if that’s their reasoning. Then we really have to do more testing on the impact of concussions and brain damage because risking all that for FREE.

Doesn’t make any sense.

20200811_161847.jpg

:lol: :smh:

In March: Common Sense: "If you wear a mask and socially distant properly we can be out of this relatively quick"

SEC Football Fans: "My FREEDOMS, I JuSt NeEd FoOtBAll!!!! **** ThE DeMs"

in July: Common Sense: " I repeat, if you could wear a mask and observe distance, we can have football in the fall"

SEC Football Fans: "NO Way JOSE! THis is My RIgHt to FOoTball, if aNyOne is GoNna WatCh AlaBama play MarY SistEr of The BlInD itS gonNa Be ME"

Common Sense in early August: "I told you that if you wore a mask in March-August we could most likely have a football season this fall"

SEC Football fans: "Them ****InG DeMoCRaTS DiD it AGAIN TAKING My FReeDom, How COUlD TheY do ThiIS, ThIs is JusST a PloY againST MAil IN BALloTs"

Like clockwork. Dumbest group of people in this entire country.

Pretty much as expected. Wonder if ACC will make the next move or wait to follow the SEC.
LeBatard had a good point, in something like this you don’t want to be last because it shows what you are really about (money). They need to announce together in a joint statement. The optics won’t be as bad.

Pretty sure majority of people in the south think that amendments and rights don’t have responsibilities and consequences attached, instead it’s just some sort of birthright where you can be a complete and utter idiot at the cost of others wellbeing. Although I’m not surprised considering the collective IQ of most residents there equate to the score of Bama- LSU game in 2014.

while I’m at it, same can be said for a lot of people in California. We got some folks wildin in specific parts of the state. So disappointing to see.

if that’s not you in the thread, good on you, but Florida specifically can hold this L you’re bout to catch.

In March: Common Sense: "If you wear a mask and socially distant properly we can be out of this relatively quick"

SEC Football Fans: "My FREEDOMS, I JuSt NeEd FoOtBAll!!!! **** ThE DeMs"

in July: Common Sense: " I repeat, if you could wear a mask and observe distance, we can have football in the fall"

SEC Football Fans: "NO Way JOSE! THis is My RIgHt to FOoTball, if aNyOne is GoNna WatCh AlaBama play MarY SistEr of The BlInD itS gonNa Be ME"

Common Sense in early August: "I told you that if you wore a mask in March-August we could most likely have a football season this fall"

SEC Football fans: "Them ****InG DeMoCRaTS DiD it AGAIN TAKING My FReeDom, How COUlD TheY do ThiIS, ThIs is JusST a PloY againST MAil IN BALloTs"

Like clockwork. Dumbest group of people in this entire country.
Zo.gif

Back
Top Bottom