OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it too late for B10/P12 to reverse course? Ryan Day and Harbaugh have to be pissed right now. Will make recruiting extremely tough.
Tunmise Adeleye immediately decommitted from Ohio State. :lol: :smh:

The Big XII is going to do everything in their control to play. They'll fall back on players wanting to, but they need the exposure desperately. Could be huge for them to have the eyeballs with fewer options to watch during the week/weekends.

Lots of FOX air time to be had with no Big 10 or Pac12.

Hell, AAC stands to benefit from this immensely too. Cincinnati, UCF, Memphis have to be licking their chops. I'm shocked that OSU couldn't flex their muscle and steer the conference, but I imagine pushback from Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. was pretty strong?

Yeah having an athlete die in your conference because you put 18-22 year olds who can't think for themselves out there....is really benefiting the conference.

Is it too late for B10/P12 to reverse course? Ryan Day and Harbaugh have to be pissed right now. Will make recruiting extremely tough.

They’re going to have more time to recruit 2021 and those other conferences will shut down in a few months anyway.

The Big 10 isn’t just arbitrarily choosing to shut down. 10+ players got myocarditis from covid. That’s not some casual ****. From what I’ve heard it’s a season ending injury that you can die from. A mild case takes what? 3-6 months to heal from? Let trevor Lawrence **** around and get myocarditis.

Last edited:
Yeah having an athlete die in your conference because you put 18-22 year olds who can't think for themselves out there....is really benefiting the conference.
You're acting like logic drives ANY of this behavior or decisions. :lol: SEC schools will 100% use that against these schools. There's no question.

They’re going to have more time to recruit 2021 and those other conferences will shut down in a few months anyway.

The Big 10 isn’t just arbitrarily choosing to shut down. 10+ players got myocarditis from covid. That’s not some casual ****. From what I’ve heard it’s a season ending injury that you can die from. A mild case takes what? 3-6 months to heal from? Let trevor Lawrence **** around and get myocarditis.
We shall see... I didn't think we'd see this fracture between the conferences. Now they're touting how multiple of these schools aren't seeing positive tests on their teams while testing regularly. All hell may break loose as students get back on campus, though.

unfortunately, its gonna take a high profile kid to get it for people to go hmm, maybe this was a bad move

With the NFL potentially moving into those time slots, these conferences can do all they want, it won't resonate on a national level like they think.

The CDC has reported under 400 total deaths in in 6 months with ANYONE under 25, and almost 400k positive tests... So... Yeah.

There's risks, but the risk of anyone dying is minuscule unless schools are grossly negligent with protocols and testing results.

If they don't play, there's PLENTY good reason not to. Would be at all upset if everyone cancelled and played it safe.

But the over-the-top panic and fear is a little wild.

Hell, AAC stands to benefit from this immensely too. Cincinnati, UCF, Memphis have to be licking their chops. I'm shocked that OSU couldn't flex their muscle and steer the conference, but I imagine pushback from Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. was pretty strong?

I think Iowa and Nebraska were the only 2 schools that voted in favor of playing

With the NFL potentially moving into those time slots, these conferences can do all they want, it won't resonate on a national level like they think.
NFL is moving to Saturdays as well? I honestly haven't kept up with what's going on there at all yet.

NFL is moving to Saturdays as well? I honestly haven't kept up with what's going on there at all yet.
its only being discussed at the moment. With the Big 10 and Pac 12 cancelling, the talks will get more serious. I don't think it will be a weekly thing though.

Teams that play Thursday would be considered for Saturday games the week before, for example

its only being discussed at the moment. With the Big 10 and Pac 12 cancelling, the talks will get more serious. I don't think it will be a weekly thing though.

Teams that play Thursday would be considered for Saturday games the week before, for example

Pretty much what Casper said. And you just get the sense they're lurking ready to capitalize.

All this shows how useless the NCAA as an organization is :lol:

We can all agree that Emeritt and the NCAA as a whole is inept but we have to cut him some slack when it comes to college football specifically.

He has a lot of power when it comes to every other NCAA sport but the nature of college football is that there's no single leader (this is why there is no NCAA football champion, The FBS leagues decide the champion, not the NCAA). This is why college football has had a disjointed approach as opposed to every other NCAA sport.

If college football had one single commissioner, we wouldn't be in this mess.

We can all agree that Emeritt and the NCAA as a whole is inept but we have to cut him some slack when it comes to college football specifically.

He has a lot of power when it comes to every other NCAA sport but the nature of college football is that there's no single leader (this is why there is no NCAA football champion, The FBS leagues decide the champion, not the NCAA). This is why college football has had a disjointed approach as opposed to every other NCAA sport.

If college football had one single commissioner, we wouldn't be in this mess.
What you described is them being useless :lol:...But yes, the lack of leadership is clear right now how all these teams supposed to be under the same umbrella but doing like 20 different things

What you described is them being useless :lol:...But yes, the lack of leadership is clear right now how all these teams supposed to be under the same umbrella but doing like 20 different things

And the one thing they will all do right is spread COVID-19

All this shows how useless the NCAA as an organization is :lol:

Many people have advocated for having a single commissioner for NCAA football for years. This is the first time where the need for a single commissioner has been so obvious. If we had a single commissioner, we could probably have a 12-game season because we could have standardized testing across all teams as opposed to every conference taking a different approach.

This is why when the NCAA basketball tournament was canceled, we didn't have a dozen conference commissioners making plans on doing their own thing. One leader made one decision for everyone.

Honest question regarding the idea of a spring season...

Whats more dangerous for the long-term health of 18-22 year old football players: COVID or the possibility of playing two football seasons in a single calendar year?

yeah, I don't take this Spring talk seriously.

But, what's the percentage of players who will actually play two football seasons? Very small amount.

Back
Top Bottom