OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
draft/combine happening no matter what college decides
If the season fails, they'll push it back. If the 6 conferences slated to play make it through a season, not sure they have any incentive to. Big 10 and Pac 12 will just be **** out of luck.

Draft is happening, they could push it back.. but even if they push it back, it’s still a couple of months process between prep, testing, meetings and then the draft

but teams want to get their guys in as soon as possible

Combine is usually end of February through to the beginning of March.. And then draft is late April

if their is no season the combine, private workouts and meetings are going be even more important and I assume the league gives more time and allows more visits to helps teams and the players

would be a great year to move to the regional combines

then teams arent going let it get pushed back too much because you have rookie camps and all that prior to the start of actually training camp.. and teams are going want that if their is no season and especially having missed out on camps this year, so teams essentially will have 2 rookie classes

assuming things get back to normal at some point next year

With the NFL potentially moving into those time slots, these conferences can do all they want, it won't resonate on a national level like they think.

if they don’t end up playing, I really hope the nfl AND nba learn some things from this whole thing with regard to schedule

doesnt make sense having all the games at 1.. then 2 or 3 at 4.. might as well spade em out and give slightly staggered college style starts

Why would you play in the spring when most of your competition for the draft will be training and preparing for the combine if the season occurs?

Game reps are still more important than workout numbers in the evaluation process, and most scouts already have a decent idea what these guys are going to run and how big they are from spring testing anyways.

The biggest risk for NFL bound guys who want/need to play in the spring is the prospect of playing at least 26 games in a calendar year, and the toll that is going to take on your body.

The NFLPA is going to have to come up with something that prohibits these guys from playing until like October to protect them from themselves.

Game reps are still more important than workout numbers in the evaluation process, and most scouts already have a decent idea what these guys are going to run and how big they are from spring testing anyways.

The biggest risk for NFL bound guys who want/need to play in the spring is the prospect of playing at least 26 games in a calendar year, and the toll that is going to take on your body.

The NFLPA is going to have to come up with something that prohibits these guys from playing until like October to protect them from themselves.
I think that reason alone is going to make it tough. Either NFL guys playing 26 games or the kids who will have 2 CFB seasons playing 20. Brutal either way.

This is the Pac 12's medical recommendations and guidance that led to their decision to cancel the season:

CONCLUSION
The Pac-12 SAHWBI has concerns that many of its current recommendations cannot be achieved consistently across all universities at this point in time. Currently, the availability of frequent, FDA-approved, accurate testing with rapid turn-around time vary at each of the Pac-12 institution locations. In addition, in many locations within the Conference, community test positivity rates and number of cases per 100,000 in the surrounding community exceed levels which infectious disease and public health officials deem safe for group sports. It is anticipated that over the next few months, rapid point of care tests will become more available and we will have a greater understanding of potential short- and long-term health effects of COVID-19 to better inform medical decision-making. Therefore, it is our recommendation that we delay progression to contact activity and competition occur until that time all criteria stated above are met.

Why would you play in the spring when most of your competition for the draft will be training and preparing for the combine if the season occurs?
If you're Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields, you probably wouldn't.

If you're Kellen Mond or someone similar that's got a shot to make a ton of money? You're scratching and clawing for every game rep you can get to put down some film.
You can tell I touched a nerve with stanfan stanfan . Next thing you know he's going to invite me to Palo Alto to throw hands
He's always been whiny and overly emotional. It ain't just you.

Last edited:
Garrett Wilson transferring from Ohio State? I understand someone like him transferring so he can at least attempt to play this season. He's 23 now, even if he's given another year of eligibility he'll be 24 during the 2021 college football season in 25 by the start of the 2022 NFL season.
9873055.jpeg.jpg

Don’t see any college ball being played any time soon, and with Goodell running ****, the same can be said for the nfl.

Garrett Wilson transferring from Ohio State? I understand someone like him transferring so he can at least attempt to play this season. He's 23 now, even if he's given another year of eligibility he'll be 24 during the 2021 college football season in 25 by the start of the 2022 NFL season.
9873055.jpeg.jpg
He's a 23 year old true sophomore...? How?

EDIT

Ok saw you corrected it.

Yeah I was gonna say - it's literally not possible.

You can't play HS ball in Texas past your 19th birthday, I don't think.

He's a 23 year old true sophomore...? How?

EDIT

Ok saw you corrected it.
Every now and then you hear about players being held back in high school so they can develop and starting college at 19 or 20 so I didn't completely dismiss him being 23 (JR Reed from Georgia was 24 by the draft this year) but a 23-year-old sophomore would be crazy.

Back
Top Bottom