OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

-I read your initial post as bringing together USPS problems, along with voter disenfranchisement and vote by mail. My point was that USPS problems still needed to be fixed to even successfully handle going all in on vote by mail.
-Good to know. Cause over the decades, going straight down the party line from top to bottom really not my ideal preferred method.

Honest question, have you ever voted Republican, and if you have, are you comfortable naming the ballot if you remember which one it was?

I'm not exactly an OG but I been loosely following politics for a decade now. As young or inexperienced as I may have been during the span, it's been blatantly obvious to me that the GOP is almost exclusively about the continuing of overt white supremacy in America.

As a black man, I don't think I'll ever question voting along "party lines" on a USA ballot.

I read the article. They didn't give much details to this "registration of a non-existent person." Is that how they were caught?

There are numerous safety guards in place to help make voting by mail safe and secure. I jumped in because you called Rusty disingenuous, when it's clear as day that you're the one being disingenuous.

I'll state the facts: Voting fraud is NOT an issue that is statistically significant in our country, so NO it does NOT need to be addressed any more than it already has. Creating this false narrative that it is a big issue is a disgusting ploy by the president to try and restrict people from voting. You pretending that it's a big issue is disingenuous. Stop.

Read the other news link to database when have time. Sounds eye opening to me for just recent events:
“1,071 PROVEN INSTANCES OF VOTER FRAUD
938 CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
43 CIVIL PENALTIES
74 DIVERSION PROGRAMS
8 JUDICIAL FINDINGS
8 OFFICIAL FINDINGS“

But if you don’t think so, not my point to convince you.

Honest question, have you ever voted Republican, and if you have, are you comfortable naming the ballot if you remember which one it was?

I'm not exactly an OG but I been loosely following politics for a decade now. As young or inexperienced as I may have been during the span, it's been blatantly obvious to me that the GOP is almost exclusively about the continuing of overt white supremacy in America.

As a black man, I don't think I'll ever question voting along "party lines" on a USA ballot.

Been voting since eligible in the early 90s. Gen X 80s kid. Try to know where each candidate stands for each office. Have marked for the individual as all Politics is local. Have also left blank if not comfortable with any choice.
Your Vote is Personal. No need to explain to anyone. No need to follow anyone. Not anyone’s business.
Good to hear you take part.
I always felt Voting is most important civic duty cause gives Citizen the Right to Btch about everything.
:wink:

Read the other news link to database when have time. Sounds eye opening to me for just recent events:
“1,071 PROVEN INSTANCES OF VOTER FRAUD
938 CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
43 CIVIL PENALTIES
74 DIVERSION PROGRAMS
8 JUDICIAL FINDINGS
8 OFFICIAL FINDINGS“

But if you don’t think so, not my point to convince you.

Oh, I read it. Now you read this assessment of the "Heritage Fraud Database." It's really weak propaganda and you fell for it and are spreading it:

Only 105 cases come within the past five years, and 488 within the past 10 years. Thirty-two cases are from the 1980s and 1990s. Indicative of its overreach, the database even includes a case from 1948 (when Harry S. Truman beat Thomas Dewey) and a case from 1972 (when Richard Nixon defeated George McGovern). Over the period considered by Heritage, there have been over 3 billion votes cast in federal elections alone, and many more when you include the state and local elections also covered in the database. The number of cases in the database represent a miniscule portion of the overall number of votes cast during this time span.

Last edited:
In short, they tried so hard to find cases they included cases from 1948! And all they came up with is 1,071 proven cases.

1,071 out of over 3,000,000,000 is the same as 1 in 3 million. Is 1 in 3 million an actual problem? Don't be disingenuous - the answer is no, it's not a real problem. It's just another shady tactic to suppress voting. If you really value voting as much as you claim, you should be against the president and heritage trying to dissuade voters. That's anti-American!

Been voting since eligible in the early 90s. Gen X 80s kid. Try to know where each candidate stands for each office. Have marked for the individual as all Politics is local. Have also left blank if not comfortable with any choice.
Your Vote is Personal. No need to explain to anyone. No need to follow anyone. Not anyone’s business.
I always felt Voting is most important civic duty cause gives Citizen the Right to Btch about everything.

Didn't ask all that, was legitimately curious if you've ever voted for a Republican (in a federal election, to clarify that point).

Also assumed you were black so if that's not the case, nvm. :lol:

Last edited:
Oh, I read it. Now you read this assessment of the "Heritage Fraud Database." It's really weak propaganda and you fell for it and are spreading it:

Only 105 cases come within the past five years, and 488 within the past 10 years. Thirty-two cases are from the 1980s and 1990s. Indicative of its overreach, the database even includes a case from 1948 (when Harry S. Truman beat Thomas Dewey) and a case from 1972 (when Richard Nixon defeated George McGovern). Over the period considered by Heritage, there have been over 3 billion votes cast in federal elections alone, and many more when you include the state and local elections also covered in the database. The number of cases in the database represent a miniscule portion of the overall number of votes cast during this time span.

Triggered much by Source rather by Numbers?
Pointing out problems is not the problem.
If you don’t care, great. Would rather hear that solutions could be developed. Fact that problems exist undermines confidence.

giphy.gif

It doesn’t matter if we go to the polls. We went to the polls in 2016. Trump lost the popular vote.

Triggered much by Source rather by Numbers?
Pointing out problems is not the problem.
If you don’t care, great. Would rather hear that solutions could be developed. Fact that problems exist undermines confidence.
I think dude is pointing out that you are not considering, or don't understand, statistically significant

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter if we go to the polls. We went to the polls in 2016. Trump lost the popular vote.
This is horrible advice famb.

First, Trump won the election by less than 100,000 votes in a few swing swing states. The electoral college sucks but the way you make it more likely for the popular vote outcome to match the electoral college is for there to be higher turnout

Second, there are other elections. Local and state reps, judges, sheriffs, The House, and Senate. Even if Trump wins again, he can cause way more damage if the GOP has the House and especially the Senate.

Trump is easily beatable, people just gotta show and and be able to vote.

Last edited:
:lol: :rofl:

Famb, just admit you vote GOP. It is ok :lol:

Last edited:
I think dude is pointing out that you are not considering, or don't understand, statistically significant

His reasoning was simple and profound. A problem is not a problem if you keep saying it’s not a problem. Already told him great. For such a nonproblem, he really liked to continue talking about it.

:lol: :rofl:

Famb, just admit you vote GOP. It is ok :lol:

Miss the part where I said have marked one side, other and none depending on the people listed?
Do I need your permission or approval to vote?

His reasoning was simple and profound. A problem is not a problem if you keep saying it’s not a problem. Already told him great. For such a nonproblem, he really liked to continue talking about it.

Miss the part where I said have marked one side, other and none depending on the people listed?
Do I need your permission or approval to vote?

-Seems like what is going on is either Lucky13s Lucky13s point is either going over your head, or you want to handwave it like you do anything that undercuts your rather weak arguments.

-You don't need ****, of course. But it is funny how when people ask you questions about your views you want to pull the "it is personal card" and get defensive, but last night you wanting me to explain what motivates my politics. Seems quite hypocritical. But since this is your stance, I look forward to not hearing any "You from da Caribbean, why you partisan" comments from you in the future. Since someone's politics is not anyone else's business.

Last edited:

Everyone read this. It points out one of the major sticking points to the deal....Republican infighting as to what they would agree too.

Lindsey Graham commented that half of Republicans probably won't even support the plan McConnell unveiled last week.

Last edited:
-Seems like what is going on is either Lucky13s Lucky13s point is either going over your head, or you want to handwave it like you do anything that undercuts your rather weak arguments.

-You don't need ****, of course. But it is funny how when people ask you questions about your views you want to pull the "it is personal card" and get defensive, but last night you wanting me to explain what motivates my politics. Seems quite hypocritical. But since this is your stance, I look forward to not hearing any "You from da Caribbean, why you partisan" comments from you in the future. Since someone's politics is not one else's business.

-Take however you want. He thought was not a problem. I felt issue was a problem. Was comfortable leaving right there.
-The point was for two immigrants, was interesting to see you go for straight down top to bottom same party. Such loyalty and devotion. While I clearly stated multi times have gone one side, other side and no side. Is what it is.

-Take however you want. He thought was not a problem. I felt issue was a problem. Was comfortable leaving right there.
-The point was for two immigrants, was interesting to see you go for straight down top to bottom same party. Such loyalty and devotion. While I clearly stated multi times have gone one side, other side and no side. Is what it is.
Miss me with the jab about loyalty and devotion. I explained my views at you still try to spin it into something else. You claim you want civil discourse out of one side of your mouth, then say **** like this out of the other.

But by your own logic, my political views were none of your business anyway. Right?

Last edited:
Miss me with the jab about loyalty and devotion. I explained my views at you still try to spin it into something else. You claim you want civil discourse out of one side of your mouth, then say **** like this out of the other.

But by your own logic, my political views were none of your business anyway. Right?

Not sure why you take the “loyalty and devotion” line as such a negative. There was no ill intent. Just an observation.
Already have said you present detailed well thought out points of view. But since you prefer other methods of communication, maybe you or company have a newsletter, blog or vid channel? Would gladly signup for interesting reads and views. Serious.

Back
Top Bottom