OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Almost got hired at Union Pacific like 15 years ago as a TRAIN CREW person. Pretty much what homie said above. On call, seniority rules. They had a thing once your called you have to be at the yard within a hour and a half. You’d be gone up to like a week at a time. In the interview they basically said you’ll make tons of money but you’ll have no time to spend it lol...I turned down the position...

Almost got hired at Union Pacific like 15 years ago as a TRAIN CREW person. Pretty much what homie said above. On call, seniority rules. They had a thing once your called you have to be at the yard within a hour and a half. You’d be gone up to like a week at a time. In the interview they basically said you’ll make tons of money but you’ll have no time to spend it lol...I turned down the position...
Wild u don’t realize the potential in some jobs when ur young
Passes up so many great jobs
due to my youthful ignorance back in the day

Wild u don’t realize the potential in some jobs when ur young
Passes up so many great jobs
due to my youthful ignorance back in the day

I have plenty of blame to give out on why I'm not with them anymore.

But I was way to young to handle that money and responsibility.

A lot of it does fall on me.

But I do still have a pending case going on after all these years.

I was fired over some BS.

Bruh, that union seniority sucks so bad when you’re new. You either work too much or not enough.

I’m so glad there is no seniority at my job now. I can come in whenever tf I want as long as I get my equipment moved before 7am and if I want more hours I can just hop in a dump truck.

no way I could do that job. One hour notice to be gone for a week? That’s rough.

Bruh, that union seniority sucks so bad when you’re new. You either work too much or not enough.

I’m so glad there is no seniority at my job now. I can come in whenever tf I want as long as I get my equipment moved before 7am and if I want more hours I can just hop in a dump truck.

no way I could do that job. One hour notice to be gone for a week? That’s rough.

I know that the Canadian National railroad does this.

Not sure about this state side.

The most I was gone was 3 days, but again, after so long you get paid for laying up in a hotel.

I known people who literally had 2 families.

One on each end of the trip lol.

I know that the Canadian National railroad does this.

Not sure about this state side.

The most I was gone was 3 days, but again, after so long you get paid for laying up in a hotel.

I known people who literally had 2 families.

One on each end of the trip lol.

Man, I worked for a place that had a company card, hated that job but I’d be wilding with the food/hotel allowance. My boy still works there and when he goes to Vegas he gets the cheapest hotel and gets tasting menus at nobu with drink pairings and Thomas Keller’s steak house. :lol: he gets 400 a day for food and hotel.

Man, I worked for a place that had a company card, hated that job but I’d be wilding with the food/hotel allowance. My boy still works there and when he goes to Vegas he gets the cheapest hotel and gets tasting menus at nobu with drink pairings and Thomas Keller’s steak house. :lol: he gets 400 a day for food and hotel.

The lifestyle is a trip most people ain't ready to take lmao.

The lifestyle is a trip most people ain't ready to take lmao.

yeah, I’m not built for it either. Like I’ll work 70 hours a week all summer and be chilling but I’m not trying to live on the road eating trash and getting fat af. :lol:

Plus I make half my money in ot so a 16 hour day is fine, I just wanna go home after.

yeah, I’m not built for it either. Like I’ll work 70 hours a week all summer and be chilling but I’m not trying to live on the road eating trash and getting fat af. :lol:

Plus I make half my money in ot so a 16 hour day is fine, I just wanna go home after.

And let's not speak on the alcoholism, MAN!

Word. I’ve accepted it. If something was going to be done it woulda happen by now. F them, both sides. Straight up. It’s been months I don’t wanna hear what the hold up is anymore.
Started saying this during the democratic primaries when they biased all the questions towards Hillary

**** both sides
neither cares about the people. Just the benjamins

Yeah but I have no problem telling people how much I make or around
I like to ask people
Just to get an idea of the job market

yeah man I think it´s important to openly discuss salaries, particularly within your industry.

how else are you supposed to find out if your company/region/career path values your labor appropriately?

that stupid taboo is a very cute way of ensuring people never really figure out what their jobs are worth.

yeah man I think it´s important to openly discuss salaries, particularly within your industry.

how else are you supposed to find out if your company/region/career path values your labor appropriately?

that stupid taboo is a very cute way of ensuring people never really figure out what their jobs are worth.
facts
have sex with randoms raw is ok
but asking how much a person makes
is off limits :lol:

Supposedly at bnsf the railroad company I’ll be working for in a few weeks :
Starting conductor salary is 80-120k

The longest you’ll go out is 1 overnight trip every 4 days average

Training pay is 188 a day for the Kansas City area . 48 hours a week for 15 weeks . We start drawing seniority around week 10.

After 2-3 years they want to mark up Conductors to engineers . Pay goes up more .

I applied for the management trainee program . So I’m not sure what will be different for me .

They talked about furloughs a lil bit supposedly we get railroad unemployment.

I went through a NARS program which was a 99% job placement after completion .All the stuff we are working on is for bnsf so it’s either them or a short line. short lines are smaller companies but you get a set schedule and are home everyday .

only black dude in the class and training so I already know what to expect when it’s time to report . Ain’t nothing new already dealt with this type of atmosphere in the oilfield .

Back
Top Bottom