OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Based of different tax years tho
1st-2018
2nd-2019
I didnt know this at first. With the extension they gave I quickly filed this year

But my thing is I filed with HR Block for '19 and '18. Got the first Stimmy Neutron and now for the second they talking about I gotta wait to file again this year and get a damn rebate?

I go on the irs site and they aint got the answers and got under construction excuses. Meanwhile H&R Block aint email me or send me any messages. Still nothing in the mail.

Just got an email from TurboTax saying they are working with the IRS to correct an error where millions of payments were sent to wrong accounts and checks would begin being deposited soon. We shall see.

Based of different tax years tho
1st-2018
2nd-2019
Na its all backwards. The coronavirus pandemic started in March 2020… And it’s January 2021. It hasn’t even been a year since this all started.

-if you’re going to give people a first stimulus check based on 2018 taxes but you’re not gonna give the second stimulus check to the same people, while we are still in YEAR 1 of the pandemic ....that’s just really stupid to me.

Yall sent me the first stimmy.. im eligible for the second but they’re going to make me file my 2020 taxes just to get my stimulus refund? Its bs

Turbo Tax constantly tries to get you to sign up for a plan to pay to do your taxes. For some you'll go to their site and they don't even make it clear how you can navigate to the free option to file your taxes. Same thing they try when you go to file next year. They always trying to get you.

Mind is blown. There's a truly free version? I've been doing my taxes with them for a decade plus. What a con! I always thought the free included the basic w-2 form. But now that I look at it, almost all forms are included? I've been doing deluxe since it unlocks other forms. I've always bought the CD version and just split it 5 ways so the cost never seemed excessive.

Now they do get you with the audit insurance reassurance optional fees, as well as saying just one state e file is free. But they do fill out the forms for you, so you can free e file on your own states website. So there's ways to get around paying.
You have to say no through a few different popup style questions.

Has anyone uses the TT freefile software? Is it literally the same interface? Can you import last year's info? Can you import investments login info?

Good info. I'm usually on top of stuff like this.

Just got a mass email from TurboTax saying they going to get right.Must've been getting alot smoke
pachah1.png
I got this too. But I don’t believe it.

Dumb *** IRS sent many checks to the wrong accounts so those who needed up getting the first one with no issues gotta wait longer

This. So dumb,

This isn’t true. Both stimulus checks based on 2019 taxes
Nah. First stimulus back in April was based on 18.

Not even 100 percent sure the 2nd stimulus is based solely on 19 because my sister in law did not file for 19 but got her 600.

Why would they send check to the tax people and not the people themselves? Wouldn’t that lock you down to file with them again or else risk not getting your money? Glad I don’t have that people but it’s just idiotic

I received the turbo tax email as well. This is all a huge mess! When I log into the IRS site to check the status of my 2nd Stimulus it says unavailable. I saw yesterday that if that's the message you received you would have to claim the 2nd Stimulus on your 2020 taxes which is ridiculous because that makes the "immediate relief" not so immediate.... So which is it? Turbo Tax is sending our payments or we have to claim it on our taxes????

I just received the turbo tax e-mail also. The account I used for my tax return direct deposit is closed though. They better just mail me a check.

It wasn't. First stim was def based on 2019, but I think if you didn't file in 2019 maybe it went off your 2018?
My memory is def fuzzy so I dont really desire to dig in on this.

I'd just ask why would they base the stimulus on a year they weren't even sure everyone had filed by that time? Based on that, I believe 1st stim was based on 18 and if you had not filed 18, they'd go by your records from 17.

But I could be wrong for sure.

EDIT: yup I am wrong for sure. Basee on 19 and if you had not filed, went off 18.

Nah. First stimulus back in April was based on 18.

Not even 100 percent sure the 2nd stimulus is based solely on 19 because my sister in law did not file for 19 but got her 600.

Bruh. Here is a screen shot taken right off the IRS website for the first stimulus check.
It wasn't based off the 2018 taxes unless you didn't file for 2019 or it wasn't processed so unless you fit into that category it was based off your 2019 taxes
Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 10.18.34 AM.png

Mine was definitely based on 2019 I got my tiny refund around the same time as the first stimulus. Some people who filed later were not getting refunds until late summer that I know of. Also don't y'all remember they made such a big deal to file you're 2019 taxes before they issued the stimulus, or am I trippin? I know some who didn't file they were based off 2018. It kinda went both ways. Whatever the IRS had on file for you last is what was used from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom