OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

My first stimmy was based off 18 cause I hadnt filed for 19 cause I knew I would have went over income limits. But I got the second stimmy surprisingly so iono how they basing it...

IRS don't even know 🤣
tenor (14).gif

My first stimmy was based off 18 cause I hadnt filed for 19 cause I knew I would have went over income limits. But I got the second stimmy surprisingly so iono how they basing it...
Can def attest to this 2nd one not being based on the 19 filing status. Like I said, sister in law did not file 19 but got her 600.

If you got the TurboTax email does that mean you are getting the stim? Or do I still have to wait till I file my taxes

If you got the TurboTax email does that mean you are getting the stim? Or do I still have to wait till I file my taxes

Nobody knows.

Seeing reports on reddit today of a couple people that filed w/ TT and use the prepaid cards (and were getting the payment #2 unavailable) got their stims deposited today. Supposedly those cards deposit funds in general a day or 2 before banks do.

Basically.. its up in the air but you miiiight get it in the next couple days but if not... you'll have to file for it on your taxes, unfortunately.

Nobody knows.

Seeing reports on reddit today of a couple people that filed w/ TT and use the prepaid cards (and were getting the payment #2 unavailable) got their stims deposited today. Supposedly those cards deposit funds in general a day or 2 before banks do.

Basically.. its up in the air but you miiiight get it in the next couple days but if not... you'll have to file for it on your taxes, unfortunately.
Just read that too. Seems folks with Greendot got their stimulus and people with banks and CUs are still waiting. Would be nice if it showed up tomorrow.

But again, we'll see lol.

Pretty sure your 100% wrong about this.

It started in late 19'.

We just didn't takeit serious until March.
The World Health Organization on March 11, 2020, declared the outbreak a global pandemic. A few days later everything shut down and quarantine started. Don’t you remember? We are still in year one of the pandemic. If you want to be picky the first case in the United States was January 21, 2020 which is still less than a year ago

So..If we are still in year one of the pandemic and my 2018 taxes were good enough for the first stimulus it should be good enough for the second stimulus

Last edited:
The World Health Organization on March 11, 2020, declared the outbreak a global pandemic. A few days later everything shut down and quarantine started. Don’t you remember? We are still in year one of the pandemic. If you want to be picky the first case in the United States was January 21, 2020 which is still less than a year ago

I started the thread on January 21st.

Guess I'm just as informed as the World Health Organization.

Declaring a date is kind of worthless when the knowledge was there before hand.

Im not tryna do this tacky tack ****, my bad.

You got the juice.

No they weren’t smh
When the first stimmy went out lots of people didn’t even file for 2019 yet, so what are you talking about?
I posted a screen shot RIGHT OFF THE IRS WEBSITE before you posted this comment CLEARLY showing you that if you hadn’t filed for 2019 they based it off 2018 but if you did file in 2019 they based it on 2019.

Credit Unions suck about as much as banks. Have fun trying to get your money back if you have an account that goes dormant for too long.

I've only ever got a slightly better return from them on my money and it's still pennies. Even very risk adverse investments will bring you in a lot more in interest returns.

Back
Top Bottom