OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Just filed for the pandemic unemployment since I’m self employed they ain’t ask to many questions though

Finally got back pay for two weeks that I did not get anything. I did not get the pandemic relief payout for either week though. Nonetheless, I am glad that was rectified.

This unemployment thing is a pain in the ***, filed mid April and got no updates - tried speaking to a rude rep today and she ended up filing a new claim but during the questionnaire, my twitter notifications kept going off so the system kicked me out of the line..

This unemployment thing is a pain in the ***, filed mid April and got no updates - tried speaking to a rude rep today and she ended up filing a new claim but during the questionnaire, my twitter notifications kept going off so the system kicked me out of the line..
What happened to the first claim?

glad I got mine fixed, found out might be home for at least another week or 2 for sure, could be longer.

not even complaining since new semester for school starts up Monday

What happened to the first claim?

The first claim was filed mid April and I never got an update or phone call and the website kept telling me I had no access to claim benefits or something and to call customer service because it saids "application was partially complete" which I had already finished.
I spoke to another rep and she told me. I should receive a letter soon to see if I qualify, yikes.

Finally got back pay for two weeks that I did not get anything. I did not get the pandemic relief payout for either week though. Nonetheless, I am glad that was rectified.
How did you get those weeks?
I wish I could go back and change my “job loss” date, I didn’t really know what I was doing and just put it as April 20, the day I applied :smh: I wish I put it for an earlier date. I should call and see

I made too much at work the past 2 weeks so I didn’t get anything but I noticed on one week I accidentally wrote my pay 2x so it looks like I made twice what I did, I fixed it so I hope I get paid for that week

ive only got paid 1/3 weeks I’ve been on.. sucks cause I thought I was supposed to get the $600 no matter what

At least you guys are getting to talk to people, I just get the busy signal for both unemployment numbers listed here in Oregon.

At least you guys are getting to talk to people, I just get the busy signal for both unemployment numbers listed here in Oregon.

oh no not here in nyc :lol:. You call and it automatically tells you that all agents are busy. But if you get past that and after yoU lunch in the digits in regards to the service you need, it tells you call back later and hangs up.

How did you get those weeks?
I wish I could go back and change my “job loss” date, I didn’t really know what I was doing and just put it as April 20, the day I applied :smh: I wish I put it for an earlier date. I should call and see

I made too much at work the past 2 weeks so I didn’t get anything but I noticed on one week I accidentally wrote my pay 2x so it looks like I made twice what I did, I fixed it so I hope I get paid for that week

ive only got paid 1/3 weeks I’ve been on.. sucks cause I thought I was supposed to get the $600 no matter what

For two weeks I wasn’t paid anything despite claiming each week. My profile stood at the date prior to my last payout. So recently I get an email asking about the gap between payments and I select “I was of I was not working for each other those weeks that I wasn’t paid. And it updated accordingly.

give them a call. To quote another NTer who helped me when I was in a similar predicament, they will back pay you that.

My co-worker is bummed that she hasn't got hers either. She's getting the same message. Got her tax refund as well. She thinks the delay has something to do with the fact that she did her taxes through Turbo Tax. IRS mentioned some issue with those who used that, HR Block, etc.
Yeah I did mine through TurboTax also, but a lot of my friends did the same, but got both of their tax refunds and stimulus checks already.

My co-worker is bummed that she hasn't got hers either. She's getting the same message. Got her tax refund as well. She thinks the delay has something to do with the fact that she did her taxes through Turbo Tax. IRS mentioned some issue with those who used that, HR Block, etc.
When did she file? I used Turbotax last year and this year and got my refund and stimulus check already.

I filed for unemployment online on March 30th, I received paperwork in the mail confirming they got it around April 15th, and received the unemployment benefits card just last week.

I’m in LA and this is just to give some of y’all a timetable of how mine went.

CALIFORNIA FOLKS WITH KIDS
GET YO MONEY

Emergency food payments of up to $365 for California kids officially mailed out

By Jennifer Olney
Updated 13 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The California Department of Social Services confirms it has sent out hundreds of thousands of payment cards for emergency food for California children, with hundreds of thousands more due to be mailed next week.

The one-time payments of up to $365 per child are for children who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunches at school.

The state is sending out payments on debit cards that are arriving at homes now.
The payment cards are labeled "P-EBT" which stands for Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer. The payments are in addition to any other aid your child may already be receiving.

About 2 million children whose families have applied for CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits will get their P-EBT card in the mail automatically according to a department spokesman.
Another 1.8 million children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals, but who do not get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits, can apply for the Pandemic EBT benefits online starting on May 22. Families must apply online by June 30, 2020. After that, no more applications will be accepted.

The cards can be used to buy food only and are accepted at most grocery stores and farmer's markets.

To apply online starting May 22, 2020, click here.

If you apply online and do not receive your P-EBT card, call California's EBT customer service center at (877) 328-9677. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom