OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Nothing changes. The senate is still controlled by the “red” side. As soon as Biden won the presidency, reports started to circulate that the $2 trillion bill was no longer a viable option, and instead a skinny bill is what the Senate is pushing.

That’s dangerous because they’ve overly let it known that they’re not happy that Trump’s reign is over moreso than any other prior changing of the guard.

I know I said months back that people should be able to save the funemployment, but I was wrong. When you have more money going out than coming, plus jobs not really giving hours like that, people may start to take matters in to their own hands.

Nothing changes. The senate is still controlled by the “red” side. As soon as Biden won the presidency, reports started to circulate that the $2 trillion bill was no longer a viable option, and instead a skinny bill is what the Senate is pushing.
Not completely true. They don’t free reign anymore. They don’t work with Biden then they get nothing for 4 years. They also might not be in the majority anymore come January. Then they’re really ****ed

I know the Kamala bill most likely wont happen, but one can only hope...

If you guys want another stimulus check, y'all better hope the Dems can win those Senate run-off races in January
Or

2zT3.gif

Or the republicans appease the public and get it done before then so that the Dems don't run the Senate. Had this convo with family today. He's convinced they will get the deal done ASAP.
Man they were so defiant the last 4 years of Obama I just can't rely they'll back down due to fear and I don't think they'll be satisfied with all the **** they managed to gain this last year of Trump.

Some key states would have to flip and right now I don't think is when the ppl will be fed up and turn on Republicans. I think the base is more locked in and engaged in being fooled by lies than ever.

Man they were so defiant the last 4 years of Obama I just can't rely they'll back down due to fear and I don't think they'll be satisfied with all the **** they managed to gain this last year of Trump.

Some key states would have to flip and right now I don't think is when the ppl will be fed up and turn on Republicans. I think the base is more locked in and engaged in being fooled by lies than ever.

Sad, but true!

It doesn't work like that.

They would need 60 votes in the Senate to change something passed with 60 votes

At best the Dems might have 50 seats and can pass a stimulus bill with reconciliation but would have to wait until Spring, and at worst they would have 48 and they would have no control on what the Senate even votes on.

Back
Top Bottom