OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

EIDL portal is supposes to open Sunday according ymto youtubers. We're also supposed to get the remaining $ from the 10k... I'm skeptical but, we'll see.

Biden supposedly wants a 3400 check in theird stimulus can't wait to hear his plan today. 1400 form cash act+2k more.

I thought we jus was getting an additional 1400 because we got the 600....and I hope they raising the income requirements...
AP News just reported that it will be an additional $1400. Speculation came from reports that the bill was exceeding the initial budget for the plan. But Biden is set to confirm the info in his speech tonight.

The plan is to also focus on getting 100 million vaccines by his first 100 days and extending unemployment benefits.

I'm happy with the additional $1400 when it gets approved. That'll help a lot of people.

With the democrats running the senate and house we shall see how fast this pushes through when he introduces it. Of course it won’t happen until after inauguration.

I think the website lied to me. Been over a week since it said my check would be mailed and still not here. SMH.

With the democrats running the senate and house we shall see how fast this pushes through when he introduces it. Of course it won’t happen until after inauguration.
With him pushing for bipartisan support on it first before going the budget reconciliation route I just hope he is ready to go the 2nd route quickly when Senate R's don't jump on board (I mean they might but I won't hold my breath)

So is this what I would use if I did not get the money for my son born in 2020?
Yes.
Page 59 is the worksheet. You can do a search for line 30, to see exactly what you need to do. I believe that’s on page 57 and 58.
The $15 hr minimum wage would change lives in certain areas.
It would but many places would shut down, or prices of everything would go up dramatically. It hasn’t been done for a reason. But hey, if a place fires you because payroll is too inflated, you can sit on $400 unemployment for 9 months. The paid sick leave will fall on employers. All of this will fall on small businesses and hurt them the most. You think enough of them closed? Not even close if they have to follow through with $15/hr and their own paid sick leave. Unless the government covers the difference, the fall will be on the little guys.

With him pushing for bipartisan support on it first before going the budget reconciliation route I just hope he is ready to go the 2nd route quickly when Senate R's don't jump on board (I mean they might but I won't hold my breath)
Yup I hope he does.

With all the BS that they passed with Trump. They should get a taste of their own medicine.

EIDL portal is supposes to open Sunday according ymto youtubers. We're also supposed to get the remaining $ from the 10k... I'm skeptical but, we'll see.

Biden supposedly wants a 3400 check in theird stimulus can't wait to hear his plan today. 1400 form cash act+2k more.
How do you get the remaining? Go through the process again?

Big corps would just shut down, or truly have 4 workers doing the job of 12. That or your $5 Big Mac is now $12, and everything else inflates.
Why can’t we just get a stand-alone stimulus?
So much fat from both sides. Why can’t people see that.
Where is a big Mac $5? I spent $18+ dollars at shake shack recently for a burger and fries. Prices are already up and peoples wages aren't. Wages have been lagging behind for a few years.

So Joey Ice is planning to put 400 extra per week on the unemployment books still september? They pushing to continue with the state extensions too? For contractors and gig workers? That'd be huge.

Where is a big Mac $5? I spent $18+ dollars at shake shack recently for a burger and fries. Prices are already up and peoples wages aren't. Wages have been lagging behind for a few years.
I get there’s a lag. But Companies won’t take a loss. That’s sort of my point. Wages may go up. But your shake shack is now $26. When have you seen companies or businesses absorb or eat the costs and not pass it down to consumers? If they were used to making 25% off of every burger sold, they’ll try their hardest to maintain that.
There’s three things that would happen. Places close, fire half their work force, or prices go up for the consumer. A $15 minimum wage flat out is too utopian.

Didnt trump impose some import taxes that ended up raising prices on many items for us? No one but us ate that cost.

The arguments against raising minimum wages are sometimes just not rooted in reality. The cost of goods in this country has so far outpaced the wages it's not even funny. And one thing people love to say is that cost of stuff will go up like it hasn't been taking place with you having to stretch more of your paycheck to get said goods.

Automation for industry is an inevitably that just happens with advancement in technology. That's not an excuse to not give people a livable wage. Companies are going to pass on the cost to consumer like they always have to maximize their profits no other reason. But specifically in this moment with millions facing record unemployment, not being able to get food, possible evictions and more that's not a time to side with not doing the right thing.

Big corps would just shut down, or truly have 4 workers doing the job of 12. That or your $5 Big Mac is now $12, and everything else inflates.
Why can’t we just get a stand-alone stimulus?
So much fat from both sides. Why can’t people see that.

Reality doesn't not back up this horrible take. :lol:

Yall right wing conservatives know their are parts of the country that have been on a $15 minimum wage right?

I'm no expert we have economic data on this ****.

The arguments against raising minimum wages are sometimes just not rooted in reality. The cost of goods in this country has so far outpaced the wages it's not even funny. And one thing people love to say is that cost of stuff will go up like it hasn't been taking place with you having to stretch more of your paycheck to get said goods.

Automation for industry is an inevitably that just happens with advancement in technology. That's not an excuse to not give people a livable wage. Companies are going to pass on the cost to consumer like they always have to maximize their profits no other reason. But specifically in this moment with millions facing record unemployment, not being able to get food, possible evictions and more that's not a time to side with not doing the right thing.
If prices of items go up at the same rate as the minimum wage increase, it’s negligible . Your buying power is the same. That gas company who has a few minimum wage workers will see fit to raise rates. How many companies out there would not have to change a thing? The numbers would shock you. Even basic city service jobs employee teens and such seasonally (parks and rec come to mind). But there goes your city taxes seeing an increase. No one but the citizens will take the hit.

If you go from $12 to $15, and have that extra $480 monthly, just hope all your other spendings and bills and taxes don’t increase beyond that. Odds are; it’ll be close

My area just increased minimum wage to $10.50 (previously $10 I believe). Many are seeing their hours cut to match Budgets. Don’t be surprised if everyone becomes part time.

Min wage is already 13 something here. I don’t think the world will end and it’s already stupid expensive so yeah.

jobs in mn pay well though for the most part.

wallyhopp wallyhopp city workers don’t get min wage here, even dudes picking up trash in the park.

I’m sure it’s different everywhere but min wage being 15 here isn’t gonna change much.

If prices of items go up at the same rate as the minimum wage increase, it’s negligible . Your buying power is the same. That gas company who has a few minimum wage workers will see fit to raise rates. How many companies out there would not have to change a thing? The numbers would shock you. Even basic city service jobs employee teens and such seasonally (parks and rec come to mind). But there goes your city taxes seeing an increase. No one but the citizens will take the hit.

It's not going to eat up more if you're already having wages that are so far behind the rate of inflation or goods. California has been doing this and like homie above states, there's studies that debunk that theory.

Nobody is raising the price of a burger $1 because somebody else is making $1 more. That's absurd. People have been able to spend more of their earnings on more things instead of having to pick and choose.

It's not going to eat up more if you're already having wages that are so far behind the rate of inflation or goods. California has been doing this and like homie above states, there's studies that debunk that theory.

Nobody is raising the price of a burger $1 because somebody else is making $1 more. That's absurd. People have been able to spend more of their earnings on more things instead of having to pick and choose.
I just added to my post. Where I live, minimum wage went up at the beginning of the year. Budgets aren’t being increased. As a result, hours are being cut. This is that 30-32 hr part time threshold to Not have healthcare all over again. Prices of goods may not go up just a dollar, but cuts are happening elsewhere. Maybe everyone becomes PT, and no one has insurance
I just don’t know why this is included into a direct stimulus package. $400 extra for UI is more than many are making working essential food based jobs. There has to be a better system. I’m all for paying essential $20-$25, and hoping folks actually have to show certification that they’re trying to work.

Back
Top Bottom