OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were in the market this year... In all honestly given what's clear as day about their culture and the nonsense surrounding that job PLUS the impending move to the SEC...

Are they more attractive than any one of the five major gigs that opened this offseason?
How would you rank the five?

IMO: 1. USC, 2. LSU 3. OU 4. UF 5. ND? (I'd take UF personally before OU though, but can't argue with history and results)

UT can't sneak in the top 3/4 there?

LSU is objectively a better job than SC, no hate.
I hear you.

Except a top coach just passed on LSU for SC. So...

No but I do hear you. I think it depends what that coach values. SC when its on, like LSU, basically controls its recruiting turf but has more kids to choose from than LSU. Like OU, when they're on it also lifts the national opinion of the rest of their conference.

I've said in here before I think in a vacuum LSU is the best job in America. It's got its issues, obviously - and your leash is inherently short... But I don't think there's any easier recruiting gig in the country and they're so committed to winning they funnel money through charities and kids hospitals to do it. Scumbags all around, but you're gonna get what you need to win.

I'd rather have USC than UT. Same history - damned near identical track records over the last 40 years. But easier gig with considerably less recruiting competition.

Oklahoma's been consistently great and been in title contention in essentially every decade since our grandparents were kids. Hard to argue Texas over that job, IMO.

I wouldn't pound the table for any of UF/UT/ND over the each other. But the first three are, I think, all clearly better.

How would you rank the five?

IMO: 1. USC, 2. LSU 3. OU 4. UF 5. ND? (I'd take UF personally before OU though, but can't argue with history and results)

UT can't sneak in the top 3/4 there?
And being the third or fourth best gig in that bunch netted you Billy Napier or Brent Venables... Is that really much better than Sark?

Their problem is the top guys they want and believe they should have want nothing to do with them. They've all sniffed around. They've all kicked the tires. Saban, Urban, all of them. And none of them want to deal with it.

I've said in here before I think in a vacuum LSU is the best job in America. It's got its issues, obviously - and your leash is inherently short... But I don't think there's any easier recruiting gig in the country and they're so committed to winning they funnel money through charities and kids hospitals to do it. Scumbags all around, but you're gonna get what you need to win.

I'd rather have USC than UT. Same history - damned near identical track records over the last 40 years. But easier gig with considerably less recruiting competition.

Oklahoma's been consistently great and been in title contention in essentially every decade since our grandparents were kids. Hard to argue Texas over that job, IMO.

I wouldn't pound the table for any of UF/UT/ND over the each other. But the first three are, I think, all clearly better.
(Point of note: USC has 4 Heisman winners, 2 national championships and 14 conference titles in the last 40 years. UT has 1 Heisman winner, 1 national championship, and 7 conference titles in the same span of time. We don't have identical track records.)

Oh we know Brennan...
1638293633328.png

1638293744888.png

1638293842275.png

"I don't have a roommate anymore. The chargers called."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom