OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of wild that Stoops stepped aside so that Lincoln wouldn’t leave only for Lincoln to leave a few years later.

I’d still bet on them making a good hire for their next guy

Hearing a lot of wild transfer rumors but at this point who knows. I feel bad in anticipation for some of the SC recruits who stuck it out and may get pushed out. Kinda like Kevin Green who I want in the class.

There were rumors Caleb Williams was bolting for LSU with Lincoln so gotta figure he’d consider SC too. Heard Rattler is excited about this but it’s weird to me he’d consider following Riley. Guess the assumption he was bouncing from OU was off?

I really like Jaxson Dart and would prefer to see him in Riley’s system than have a Caleb Williams come over. I know that sounds like blasphemy but I’d prefer Caleb stays at OU with the next regime and keeps building on what he’s doing over there 🤷🏾‍♂️
a bunch of current USC recruits for sure about to be pushed out. Unfortunate part of the game. At least half of them for '22 will be decommits soon.

Gotta save some scholly's for Elias and Flowe to come home

I’m not hot on Billy Napier but in the state of the program, he’s honestly the best we could do.

First line of business, call Anthony Richardson and tell him it’s his job to lose.

Great hire for TCU. If ****s brings that WR coach they got TCU is gonna be a problem in the recruiting trail.

Carrington was the lead recruiter on Ed Oliver as a grad assistant at Houston and pulled Bijan to Texas as a support staffer.

me and nako xl nako xl about to be real annoying in here again

See u.gif

Kind of wild that Stoops stepped aside so that Lincoln wouldn’t leave only for Lincoln to leave a few years later.

I’d still bet on them making a good hire for their next guy
A Cincy insider posted on our board yesterday that after Tuberville quit Cincy, Bohn and Sosna were ready to hire Riley to Cincinnati.

OU then told him Stoops was tired and would be willing to step down. They then started the process of transitioning coaches and Riley told Cincy he was no longer looking to leave.

That’s when Sosna pivoted to Fickell. But that 2017 connection helped lead to this.

I’m not hot on Billy Napier but in the state of the program, he’s honestly the best we could do.

First line of business, call Anthony Richardson and tell him it’s his job to lose.
I think Napier can turn UF into a recruiting power again. Idk how he’ll do on the field but it won’t be because of lack of talent.

Great hire for TCU. If ****s brings that WR coach they got TCU is gonna be a problem in the recruiting trail.

Samples has been rumored to be following Sonny, but nothing official.

His sisters (all A&M grads) have all been hammering Twitter lobbying for him to get a gig at A&M and being really cryptic about it.

Theres been at least some smoke that Jimbo would finally move on from Craig but I’ll believe it when I see it.

A weird Venables co-coordinator rumor too.

The Venables to OU noise may be a **** you to Riley.

Last edited:
The way Lincoln left, I really think there had to be some beef behind the scenes. This is almost as bad as the Jimbo Fisher situation when he left Florida State. Not only is he taking the entire staff, he's taking most of their players from the 2022 and 2023 recruiting classes along with players currently on the OU roster. There's a chance that both Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williams transfer and owe you won't have a scholarship QB on the roster ( I'm sure they'll find someone in the transfer portal)

The way Lincoln left, I really think there had to be some beef behind the scenes. This is almost as bad as the Jimbo Fisher situation when he left Florida State. Not only is he taking the entire staff, he's taking most of their players from the 2022 and 2023 recruiting classes along with players currently on the OU roster. There's a chance that both Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williams transfer and owe you won't have a scholarship QB on the roster ( I'm sure they'll find someone in the transfer portal)

I'm not sure if is 'beef' but I'm positive Lincoln wasn't behind the schools move to the SEC. He saw what happened to teams like Mizzou and Nebraska when they replaced cupcakes like my Jayhawks and TCU, WVU, KSU, etc for teams like Alabama, GA, and A&M. Save for this year OU being in the Big 12 championship and getting a spot in the playoffs was almost a guarantee. That will be a thing of the past once they move to the SEC. He saw an exit and took it.

OU campus:

1638201008546.jpeg

1638201032840.jpeg

A lot of the stuff on their boards about loyalty, SC tampering, and Riley’s selfishness is pretty funny coming from a school nicknamed after land thieves. And didn’t they just do something similar to the rest of the Big12 and call it “big boy moves”?

He wasn’t down for the move to SEC at all, so the move to USC makes a ton of sense.

USC offers a much easier path to the playoffs. Winning the PAC 12 is obviously much easier than winning the SEC. At least he has a shot from SC, it’s unlikely that OU will be able to do the same from the SEC. With an SEC schedule there is no guaranteed win unless you’re playing Vandy.

I think OU will be down for a few years but there’s no way they’re going to end up like Nebraska.

Carrington was the lead recruiter on Ed Oliver as a grad assistant at Houston and pulled Bijan to Texas as a support staffer.

Carrington & Oliver’s brother are super tight plus they hired his HS coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom