OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone post the video of Keyvon straight lying about killing Evan Neal at the open.

This dude man. He's so full of it.

As I said. We've talked about this exhaustively. The CFP committee's ranking of teams is not representative of what the actual polls would be.

You: "but but this simulation of the BCS says that this year Georgia would be #3! The Coaches poll had Georgia 3rd!"

Look. People vote differently when they think their vote actually has an impact on the final outcome. And in the BCS it would. No one would vote Michigan (who everyone knew was going to get clapped, despite my hopes they'd steal one from UGA) ahead of a Georgia team that was the only 12-0 regular season P5 and that they spent the entire season saying was an all time great team.

The "poll manipulation q anon theory" crack of yours kinda just highlights you're a casual who keeps talking about the BCS without actually knowing how it worked and who doesn't understand basic sociology. Or for that matter, know **** about your own conference prior to Kirby getting there. How do you think Florida got in the 2007 title game?

Your obsession with this "lil' ol' Jawja, nobody believed in us" narrative is ****ing weird man.

Do you actually believe the things you're writing? You believe that the pollsters would have voted differently and placed a non-conference champion, UGA team ahead of a conference champion Michigan in the BCS era because they just know UGA is better?

Does that even make sense to you? It makes no sense and the only evidence you have is a 15-year-old quote from someonenat UF to back it up.

Also, I never said UTA with some type of underdog, all I was doing was pulling receipts from the very people in this thread.

And by the way, I still can't get over you posting this screen shot:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.45.47 PM.png

With this comment:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.45.56 PM.png

Like the numbers aren't right there.

But you want me to take you seriously in a discussion about numbered rankings?

My bad, I was going after the wrong guy. It was dacomeup dacomeup who was speaking that foolishness back in December.

What makes Kirby a better coach than Harbaugh? Seriously. Outsized talent advantage and still is good for losses when favored.

Nobody said this…like at all. Georgia is a recruiting monster. Recruits better than any team in the country essentially. That alone is good for 10-2. If you have Harbaugh Kirby’s team and Kirby the UM, which team do you think would be better?

Michigan’s talent isn’t even close when you look at guys who will get drafted early and play on Sundays.

Yea, but Georgia also has a TON more resources and is located in a much more talent rich area than Michigan. It’s a little disingenuous to not factor that in.

You keep putting words in my mouth and saying things that no one ever said. :lol: Obviously there are differences between the 2. I personally don’t think that Kirby is a better coach than Jim Harbaugh. Are we not going to factor in Kirby’s poor handling of QBs and offenses that ultimately keep him from winning a title every year?

Do you actually believe the things you're writing? You believe that the pollsters would have voted differently and placed a non-conference champion, UGA team ahead of a conference champion Michigan in the BCS era because they just know UGA is better?
It’s already happened! In 2011 the pollsters voted in an 11-1 Alabama team that didn’t even play in its conference championship game over an 11-1 conference champion Oklahoma State and an 11-1 conference champion Stanford. Specifically because the voters valued the SEC schedule more and thought Alabama was just better than all those other teams.

It’s not some wild conspiratorial scenario. It already happened lol. The realization it would continue to happen is the exact reason we have the playoff right now. Again this isn’t some crazy tin foil hat conspiracy it’s a known fact. I don’t understand what you’re doing.

I thought Osborn was the one responsible for all the DL development at Michigan and didn’t go to UConn cuz he was getting promoted

I thought Osborn was the one responsible for all the DL development at Michigan and didn’t go to UConn cuz he was getting promoted

IIRC Osborn worked with the edge guys, and Nua worked with the interior 3.

Elston is a alum, I’m sure that gave him an edge over Osborn and I’m sure Oz is making more than whatever he would have gotten at UConn.

so now that UGA got the monkey off their back, who can I make fun of?

Programs like UCLA don't count. Needs to be a program that cares about football and takes pride in that program.

Please submit candidates. I'll announce my commitment by Spring Ball.

Michigan?

so now that UGA got the monkey off their back, who can I make fun of?

Programs like UCLA don't count. Needs to be a program that cares about football and takes pride in that program.

Please submit candidates. I'll announce my commitment by Spring Ball.

Michigan?

If we lose Jim and end up with someone like BOB, sure.

97 is not bad tho, even if it was only half a championship technically. We also did just beat OSU and got into the playoffs.

Schools like Tennessee, Nebraska, and ND seem like better options.

I come in peace.

Your candidates have been noted.

Prefer candidates with posters who frequent this thread, otherwise, it won't be as much fun.

Will definitely use next year for nako xl nako xl bday!
Get Nako one of these with the button that plays the Leach cameo audio when you press the bear’s paw, Build-A-Bear style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom