Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Mell don’t even wanna say the word “Rematch”

But after the first Harrison fight (Which I thought he lost, btw), he wouldn’t shut up about it :lol:

The one judge scored round ten 10-8 Charlo

🗑

and he still had castano winning while the other had it 117-111

1626582170521.jpeg

🤔 how do you give someone a 10-8 in the 10th when he didn’t knock him down?
Castano won the 11 and should have secured the win.

Neither of the Charlos throw that power jab enough, which is their best punch IMO.

Castano is a lot better than most people realize but it shouldn’t of been that easy for him to get in.

Styles make fights. Castano is a defensively responsible pressure fighter and that will always give charlo trouble. Jermell has never been a dude who can really create anything offensively and is more of a counter puncher who will sit back and wait for you while giving up rounds. He will always be in trouble if he cant get you out of there at some point in the fight. His best gifts have always been his stamina, chin, and durability.

Jermells lack of inside game showed in the second harrison fight and again last night. I still cant understand how j-rock lost to rosario. If The jrock that fought hurd showed up to fight charlo, he would've done charlo worse than castano did last night.

Neither of the Charlos throw that power jab enough, which is their best punch IMO.

Castano is a lot better than most people realize but it shouldn’t of been that easy for him to get in.

Exactly. Castano was pretty much just walking straight in with a high guard all night and charlo had no answer for it.

There have been plenty of fights where Jermell Charlo was trailing but he came on strong in the later rounds to knock out his opponent. This happened when he fought Rosario, Harrison the second time, Jackson, and someone else I cannot recall. He wasn't able to do it last night and in the first Harrison fight. From a pure boxing perspective, Jermell Charlo is not that great. He is superb in his physicality, conditioning, and sturdiness. These alone make him hard to be beaten.

Charlo the type of fighter you gotta knock out to beat him or hurt him and cut him up in order to get decision.

Too bad Canelo ain't at 154 no more. He'd obliterate him.

Jermell only has 18 KOs outta his 34 wins. I don't expect him to knock out tough competition like Castano.

Back
Top Bottom