Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Harrison was winning the rematch more decisively but the judges had Charlo winning on the cards

BBABCC19-98F4-4775-B78E-9E7B6F0F6A8D.gif

He won imo and was winning the rematch until he got clipped.
Opinions will vary and it was close but I found it hard to believe that it was a UD.

That's why Charlo left no doubt in the rematch. Had Harrison not gotten knocked out, the 3 blind mice could've easily given it to Charlo even if Harrison was winning in the eyes of the viewer. The rematch would likely had been a close fight had elit gone the full 12 cause Charlo is built solid and he's by nature a counter puncher with a solid jab.

Castano had movement, although I wish he used more combination punching. Problem is Castano could never truly hurt Charlo. He didn't put a scratch on him. Had Castano landed more significant power shots aside from the one that buckled Charlo in the 2nd, I think Castsno would have won.

You're essentially proving his point though. You said Charlo had to get hurt or cut up or knocked out and Harrison did none of that. In fact, you're saying Harrison didn't even win the fight and they still gave it to him, which is completely contrary to your earlier statement.

That said though, there were two judges en route to robbing Harrison on the cards in the rematch before the knockout deaded that, so maybe they switched things up.
The judges messed everything up.

Point remains though. I thought Harrison lost cause he didn't hurt Charlo in spite of his ability to "look good" against Charlo according to the eyes of the judges that's why they gave Harrison the win.

But Charlo was losing the rematch yet judges had him winning.

That's why you gotta hurt Charlo to win convincingly since we know these judges are unpredictable. The fact that Harrison won the 1st fight without hurting or cutting up Charlo doesn't change the fact that a huge contingent of fans and boxing folks believe Harridon lost.

I wasn’t impressed with Rolly over the weekend. Had bad footwork. Threw really wide punches. Got clipped quite a few. I don’t see him being a top prospect, yet.

I like this guy Rolly and I legit want to see him knock off Haney just for the ****ery :lol:

He doesn't seem polished at all from what I saw Saturday but he's aggressive with power and he talks a lot of **** in the most cartoonish ways. I'm on board, he's entertainment.

I wasn’t impressed with Rolly over the weekend. Had bad footwork. Threw really wide punches. Got clipped quite a few. I don’t see him being a top prospect, yet.

Rolly is the type to beat one of the top guys with a punchers chance miracle and luck only to never win against a top level guy again :lol:

Guy is like the Bizzaro of the division :lol: . ALL his mechanics and boxing ability are bad but he got heart and some power. You don’t give a guy like that a chance to step in the ring with you and have even the slightest possibility.

Back
Top Bottom