OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I figured he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder

but devonta was probably a 2nd rounder before this year
Devonta is weird. I said this last year too, but IMO he’s been the best WR out of that Bama 2017 bunch since he stepped on campus, he just had the least impressive measurables. But go look at his numbers in ‘18 and ‘19, he was always as productive if not more reliable than Jeudy and Ruggs, he’s just slower. Even then, he ran a 4.45 in HS so you gotta figure he’s gonna run close to that if not faster at the combine. He just chose to come back to really lock himself in as a top 10 guy.

Devonta is weird. I said this last year too, but IMO he’s been the best WR out of that Bama 2017 bunch since he stepped on campus, he just had the least impressive measurables. But go look at his numbers in ‘18 and ‘19, he was always as productive if not more reliable than Jeudy and Ruggs, he’s just slower. Even then, he ran a 4.45 in HS so you gotta figure he’s gonna run close to that if not faster at the combine. He just chose to come back to really lock himself in as a top 10 guy.

yea dude is far from a 1 year guy.. but I didn’t see THIS coming

I wanted dude but that was cause I thought he’d be a great 2nd rounder.. But I assumed he’d easily be behind certain other guys, especially after the combine

hell I thought he was behind waddle til he went beast mode

He’s not getting faster or taller and he’s losing his Top 5 pick QB. He’s not a Devonta talent either.

yea dude is far from a 1 year guy.. but I didn’t see THIS coming
Anyone who says they did is lying. He’s been a flat out stud since HS though. 5 star talent back then. I don’t think he would’ve been a 2nd rounder last year either. He would’ve went in the 20s at worst.

Anyone who says they did is lying. He’s been a flat out stud since HS though. 5 star talent back then. I don’t think he would’ve been a 2nd rounder last year either. He would’ve went in the 20s at worst.

nah I think the position was just too deep last year.. cause some of the guys who ended up in the 2nd probably are in the 1st most years

i mean maybe the chiefs take him, since they probably lose 2 wrs this offseason but they passed on other guys

like mims had a solid year and did work at senior bowl practices and had a good combine

nah I think the position was just too deep last year.. cause some of the guys who ended up in the 2nd probably are in the 1st most years

i mean maybe the chiefs take him, since they probably lose 2 wrs this offseason but they passed on other guys

like mims had a solid year and did work at senior bowl practices and had a good combine
Eh, I could see him easily going in the Aiyuk, Jefferson, Reagor range at least. NFL teams knew that his numbers were affected because of playing with those other guys. He would’ve tested well too.

This is absolutely silly :lol:

marrone a clown for ever leaving Syracuse the way he did. He’s not getting another NFL HC job any time soon and the top P5s probably don’t trust him. Off to Saban career rehabilitation program he goes.

Note someone made that I hadn’t considered: all these coaches are getting in line to try to take over for Saban in 2022 or 2023.

Saban in one offseason going to hire Bill O'Brien, Doug Marrone and Sumlin?

re: the Devonta talk... I might be alone, but I'm not drafting him ahead of Jamarr Chase. I'd be hard pressed to draft him over Waddle.

The year he just threw down was insane, but Waddle was the alpha in that offense before he went down.

Saban in one offseason going to hire Bill O'Brien, Doug Marrone and Sumlin?

re: the Devonta talk... I might be alone, but I'm not drafting him ahead of Jamarr Chase. I'd be hard pressed to draft him over Waddle.

The year he just threw down was insane, but Waddle was the alpha in that offense before he went down.
I don’t think you’re alone on Chase over him at all. I’d still go there. I can’t agree on Waddle though. Outside of speed, what does he do better than Devonta?

Olave might not have been a 2nd round pick. He’s not a burner, not particularly big or tall, and not a physical blocker. Most of the WR draft rankings I’ve seen have him slotted as the #11-12 WR off the board, so probably 3rd round at best if those are accurate. You have to assume that’s the draft grade and advice he got too, so I understand him rolling the dice and seeing if he’s ranked higher in 2022. That said his numbers won’t get gaudier with fields, sermon and Davis gone.
than you would agree Amon St Brown might not even be a 3rd rounder if Olave looks like a potential 3rd rounder, correct?

OSU receiving corps should be dope next year

Olave
Garrett Wilson
Jameson Williams (fastest on the team)
Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Hopefully Stroud can sling it and live up to the hype

no mention of Julian Fleming? Expecting him and Gee Scott to make some noice. You guys are stacked at WR.

Stroud is going to be just fine.

than you would agree Amon St Brown might not even be a 3rd rounder if Olave looks like a potential 3rd rounder, correct?
I think Amon Ra goes 3rd round but all the public draft boards posted have him above Olave. They all have Olave at 11-12 and Amon Ra at 9-10 (I’m sure some have him above ARSB but the CBS board posted yesterday, PFF and Kiper’s board from a couple weeks ago had AR ahead of him.)

He’s as good a route runner but a better contested ball catcher and proven blocker. They’re the same height but Amon Ra has about 15 pounds on him.

I think Amon Ra goes 3rd round but all the public draft boards posted have him above Olave. They all have Olave at 11-12 and Amon Ra at 9-10 (I’m sure some have him above ARSB but the CBS board posted yesterday, PFF and Kiper’s board from a couple weeks ago had AR ahead of him.)

He’s as good a route runner but a better contested ball catcher and proven blocker. They’re the same height but Amon Ra has about 15 pounds on him.
I'm seeing many mocks having Olave in the first round before he just announced he was coming back. But he for sure probably didn't get a 100% 1st round grade.

He's better than Amon in my opinion. Amon is just going to be an ordinary WR. His best case scenario is 800 yards per season. Golden Tate lite is how I see him.

So Tennessee recruit visits were essentially looking like

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg
?

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom