OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take Jimmy H in Lawrence in a heart beat. Back many moons ago he was going to take the KU job but of course in true KU form our AD screwed that up. Now we have the ghost of Les Miles past.
And you would trade the ghost of a national champion for the ghost of somebody who couldn’t do anything on a big stage?

I was telling dacomeup dacomeup last week that Harbaugh's record against top 10 (and top 25 too I think) teams is atrocious as well. At Michigan he's mostly beaten who he's supposed to and always gotten blown out by every higher ranked team he's faced.

Yep. And coming off the Rich Rod & Hoke years, beating the teams they're supposed to beat was enough, with the expectation of catching back up to OSU. Now it's clear that he is not catching OSU(which just seems like an impossible task at this point. They are in an absolute golden age and I think the CFP has made that climb even tougher) and he's losing to teams (and in ways) that they have no business losing to in year 6.

The game has passed him by.

Just noticed, is the Wake Forest QB the kid that was on QB1?
Hartman was on that season with Justin Fields and dude from St John Bosco. Think Wake had another QB on the show from the season before too.

edit: dude from St.John Bosco = Re-al Mitchell

VT has some resources to be a respectable program again, Fuente’s just not using them to the best of his ability.
Respectable, definitely? A top 10-15 program who occasionally can push for CFP/NY6? Not sure about that.

sb sb

tenor (4).gif

Refs ROBBING Oregon State wow. OSU running back’s whole body crossed the line twice and refs moved it back twice.

ROBBERY

they go for it on 4th and inches and he gets it and they measure and the ball is further back than it was before.Trash *** Pac12 refs.

Whether he decides to leave or not is on him but they are not getting rid of Jim, given the circumstances. Brown and Zordich are probably out, and it's ridiculous that it has gotten to this point in year 7 (6.5?) but they are going to have to scour the GT market for a QB once again unless McNamara shows something down the stretch.

I'll concede that I don't think it's going to happen with Jim at Michigan (and there's a strong possibility that says more about Michigan in 2020 that it does about him) but besides individual performances, I think anything positive taken away from this season on a team basis is fools gold, and we're going to see a lot of these "surprise" teams fall back to earth in 2021 if COVID is somewhat under control by then in the US. I'd rather make a change after an actual season with a decent sample size, than make a change after this truncated mess of a season.

Respectable, definitely? A top 10-15 program who occasionally can push for CFP/NY6? Not sure about that.

Well from 1995-2011, that’s what they were in their best years. A consistent top 10-15 program that would have the occasional 1-2 losses but playing in the orange/sugar bowl and winning the Big East/ACC or representing the costal in the championship game.

Are you sure we’re talking about the same program? Lol. It’s not unrealistic for fans to want to get back to that period.

Well from 1995-2011, that’s what they were in their best years. A consistent top 10-15 program that would have the occasional 1-2 losses but playing in the orange/sugar bowl and winning the Big East/ACC or representing the costal in the championship game.

Are you sure we’re talking about the same program? Lol. It’s not unrealistic for fans to want to get back to that period.
Yea, I’m not sure I think that VT’s expectation should be a Top 10-15 program anymore. Top 25ish seems more realistic and a shot at winning the conference in its best of years. 10-2 type of seasons being the norm for VT now just doesn’t seem realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom