OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst team and defense in the damn conference :lol:. Hmmm

Mississippi State actually has one of the better defenses in the conference, their offense has been absolutely horrendous since they beat LSU in week 1.

Screenshot_20201122-001223_Chrome.jpg

Mississippi State only had 49 scholarship players so their entire team was shorthanded. Regardless, JT looked good for a guy getting his first game action since last August and coming off of a major knee injury.

The rest of the team played awful. Our defense played poorly for the first two and a half quarters and we couldn't run the ball all night. This really shouldn't have been a close game at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122-001223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201122-001223_Chrome.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 113
YPG is an extremely outdated way at judging defenses, FYI :lol:

I don't know what to tell you. They were an above average defense in the conference by just about every metric you look up. I'm not saying they're a good team or that they weren't shorthanded but saying Mississippi State ks one of the worst defenses in the SEC is patently false and a pretty weird point to make. I have a sneaking suspicion you don't watch many of their games and that's okay😂.

It's okay to adjust admit you're wrong sometimes man.

Regardless, it's just one game and we'll see how JT progresses as he gets more comfortable and gets more reps with the first team

Last edited:
I hate them Gainesville boys but they the 2nd best team in the country.

It's looking like they gonna have to beat bama to get in the top 4.

Gators would beat the Buckeyes, ND and Clemson on a neutral field.
You been drinking with MVP MVP and Todd McShay huh?

I don't know what to tell you. They were an above average defense in the conference by just about every metric you look up. I'm not saying they're a good team or that they weren't shorthanded but saying Mississippi State ks one of the worst defenses in the SEC is patently false and a pretty weird point to make. I have a sneaking suspicion you don't watch many of their games and that's okay😂.

Regardless, it's just one game and we'll see how JT progresses as he gets more comfortable and gets more reps with the first team
Don't let him off the hook!

I hate them Gainesville boys but they the 2nd best team in the country.

It's looking like they gonna have to beat bama to get in the top 4.

Gators would beat the Buckeyes, ND and Clemson on a neutral field.
You been drinking with MVP MVP and Todd McShay huh?

Florida might be in that second group after Alabama. Alabama has been the only team that has really separated themselves from the rest of the contenders, IMO. Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame all have shown major flaws this season. I could see Florida beating those teams.

How can you be the second best team in the country when you’re not the second best team in your own conference?

I can be wrong and STILL point out that YPG is the worse metric to look at :lol:. Looking at other metrics I can see that I’m wrong. I’m just letting you know that YPG isn’t really much in terms of proving whether a defense is good or not.

in just 1 performance, JT had a greater statistical game than Fromm did his entire career

the entire offensive scheme was something UgA hasn't seen in many years. That connection with Burton was a thing of beauty all night.

It hurt to see but I'm rooting for JT

in just 1 performance, JT had a greater statistical game than Fromm did his entire career

the entire offensive scheme was something UgA hasn't seen in many years. That connection with Burton was a thing of beauty all night.

It hurt to see but I'm rooting for JT
These boys have never seen a forward pass at UGA so they don’t know what they’re watching.

LMAO @ UGA insiders now spreading the rumor that Kirby wanted to start JT the whole time but JT refused to play until his doctor in CA cleared him. Y'all need to cut it out :lol: atlsfinest atlsfinest

JT did have a undisclosed surgery sometime this year. So it wouldn't completely shock me if they actually wanted their own doctor to clear him.

his Dad is the type to let everyone know if he's not happy with his son not playing but from what I saw, he was actually on board with JT not playing until now.

JT did have a undisclosed surgery sometime this year. So it wouldn't completely shock me if they actually wanted their own doctor to clear him.

his Dad is the type to let everyone know if he's not happy with his son not playing but from what I saw, he was actually on board with JT not playing until now.
The cleanup surgery early in the year? They told people about that. I agree with you about his dad though.

I'm of the opinion that JT wasn't healthy, as late as two weeks ago at the Florida game he still had a visible limp.

JT's dad even mentioned that JT wasn't fully healthy until recently

Screenshot_20201122-195949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-200001_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kirby's primary issue is that he screwed up the messaging regarding JT's injury situation. After the Arkansas game, Kirby went out of his way to tell the media that JT was cleared to play. This is unusual because Kirby is typically pretty tight-lipped about injuries statuses. I think he did this in order to throw off Auburn and make them prepare for multiple quarterbacks but in doing so he opened himself up to a lot of criticism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom