OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portland’s top priority if Dame stays is to ship CJ while he still has value.

Deep inside he mad as hell and know he is washed. He is just doing this to save this ruined legacy. Look at Booker's facial expression he knows wassup. All just an act just like his failed acting career.

Lol, I hv a feeling he gone recruit Book to come to LA on some ole grand tri all star studded roster. >D

This sudden narrative that Dame is dragging teams to the hump but it's his teammates (especially CJ) that can't get them over it is wild to me. And I'm a Dame guy.

Same here. It’s a spit in CJ’s face. Especially considering how much of a Factor CJ has had in any of Dame’s playoff success. But that’s here nor there. There was always a cap on what THAT backcourt could do, because of who that backcourt is and their limitations. Dame doesn’t even try on defense from a positional/rotational stance. And CJ just ain’t got the chops on that end.

It’s funny, because Portland drafted a steal in Trent Jr. But he was too small too, so they got another great steal in Powell. Who IS a 20ppg 40% from 3pt guy THIS YEAR. That’s 3 high volume 40% 3pt shooters in your starting lineup.

They finally upgraded their wing depth. ROCO & Powell are about as well as you can get for 2 3&D guys. Those are legit 3&D guys around a defensively weak backcourt. Nurk is Ok defensively at Center. They could’ve improved that position, but loved Kanter’s scoring too much. Could’ve tried ROCO at the 5 minutes. But nope.

That’s on COACHING. The team that just beat them….has an even WORSE head coach and a worse, injury riddled roster at this very moment. But their are no excuses.

I noticed this when Dame and them got SWEPT by AD Pelicans in 2018….and he averaged 18ppg on 30something percent from the field. And the average fan ain’t blink an eye :lol:

The Blazers are good. They just aren’t some overwhelming talent. If Dame was marginally better, and they had marginally better coaching, they’d be a legit contender.

But it’s easier for the fans to say “leave your team”….”he doesn’t have enough help”. Go “team up with superstars”

Then they claim to hate it lol

I noticed this when Dame and them got SWEPT by AD Pelicans in 2018….and he averaged 18ppg on 30something percent from the field. And the average fan ain’t blink an eye :lol:

Rondo and Jrue were in his *** that whole series, he couldn't do anything

AM i missing something here? Where exactly do people rank Dame to the point ya'll want him criticized more

I don't constantly see people calling him the best player in the league or even top 5, The Media rarely ever has him in serious contention for MVP, he's not being thrown ahead of GOAT caliber players like some of today's other superstars.

So if he doesn't get the same praise as the other top guys, why would he be deserving of the same blame??

You’re missing something.

The conversation I’m having isn’t about blame. It’s the fact that Dame is Teflon when it comes to actual criticism. And the general media largely forgets his playoff failures. Which happen in the later rounds. But he has the rep as a playoff clutch performer, who can lead teams far. And it isn’t really tr

They also are now pointing to his teammates as the reason for his losses. Those teammates have been solid or competent.

It’s stunning how Portland can win a playoff game…in which Dame has 10pts on 1/10 shooting and the supporting…SUPPORTS and they win. And the entire world is silent.

48 hours later, that same supporting cast who helped win…is told they choked away the series because they didn’t come up big when Dame did. It shouldn’t work like that. There is no acknowledgment of how good Portland has been. Just like in the casual fans mind…they have zero clue about CJ being pretty damn good in the playoffs.

You’re missing something.

The conversation I’m having isn’t about blame. It’s the fact that Dame is Teflon when it comes to actual criticism. And the general media largely forgets his playoff failures. Which happen in the later rounds. But he has the rep as a playoff clutch performer, who can lead teams far. And it isn’t really tr

They also are now pointing to his teammates as the reason for his losses. Those teammates have been solid or competent.

It’s stunning how Portland can win a playoff game…in which Dame has 10pts on 1/10 shooting and the supporting…SUPPORTS and they win. And the entire world is silent.

48 hours later, that same supporting cast who helped win…is told they choked away the series because they didn’t come up big when Dame did. It shouldn’t work like that. There is no acknowledgment of how good Portland has been. Just like in the casual fans mind…they have zero clue about CJ being pretty damn good in the playoffs.
Do you have an idea why he escapes criticism?

Come on, you don't believe that. :lol:

I do. That roster is 7 deep. They can beat any of the teams in the west. If Dame was a lil better. And stots Was smarter.

You ain’t going nowhere playing Melo/Kanter minutes together. But Terry Stotts does that dumbass ****. He feels like he has to. He doesn’t. A better coach would have them threatening, with a couple moves.

You could even view them as some 2014 Warriors experiment ****. The tweaks are there to be made. The talent ain’t the sole issue.

Not sure how Dame is protected when he isn’t expected to contend for a title every year. The closest he got to a finals was against and he got washed. Steph is the better player and had the better team.

i don’t have some unrealistic expectations of him or portland.

Dame been protected by the media. Harden loss 5 quarters of basketball to a KD-less warriors team and there was slander everywhere. Dame gets swept by the same team, gets embarrassed by Curry, and shoots less than 40% from the field and it was crickets. His name should never come up with tier 1 guys. He needs to go play the kyrie role somewhere.

Dame doesn’t get slander because he doesn’t have much of an ego, crafted his image in a good way, is a likable guy and his game doesn’t have a negative impact on the team like Hardens style of play does for example. I’ll give him a good year or two more before the media turns on him.

Dame been protected by the media. Harden loss 5 quarters of basketball to a KD-less warriors team and there was slander everywhere. Dame gets swept by the same team, gets embarrassed by Curry, and shoots less than 40% from the field and it was crickets. His name should never come up with tier 1 guys. He needs to go play the kyrie role somewhere.
Well darn

He’s not an MVP or been seriously considered one. Can’t bring him to a table he doesn’t belong to

Do you have an idea why he escapes criticism?

He sent ****** home with buzzer beaters in the first round twice. That is INDEED “clutch” in the average persons mind.

Watching him and his team get swept…blowing 17 point 4th quarter leads (2019 WCF). Or getting Swept and outplayed outright (2018). Or blowing another 14 pt 4th quarter lead (2021). Isn’t memorable :lol:

And dude is flat out just likeable. He’s a true underdog story. His background and what he’s become is some remarkable ****. I was super high on dude coming into the draft, and I couldn’t have predicted he’d be a 30ppg guy that consistently has his team in the playoffs.

And lastly, he says the right thing and has constructed an image and brand of “loyalty”. Which is ******** lol. KD actually was nearing this exact same fake image earlier in his career, then that Mr. Unreliable cover came out…he became ornery, started actually being himself and it went to dust.

Humble, loyal, small market etc etc. That was the BS they AND even KD tried to sell y’all. And that’s the exact same BS they selling with Dame :lol:.

Great dude tho.

I do. That roster is 7 deep. They can beat any of the teams in the west. If Dame was a lil better. And stots Was smarter.

You ain’t going nowhere playing Melo/Kanter minutes together. But Terry Stotts does that dumbass ****. He feels like he has to. He doesn’t. A better coach would have them threatening, with a couple moves.

You could even view them as some 2014 Warriors experiment ****. The tweaks are there to be made. The talent ain’t the sole issue.
I'm not seeing it; It's a good team, but severely flawed come playoff time regardless of Dame/Stotts.

AM i missing something here? Where exactly do people rank Dame to the point ya'll want him criticized more

I don't constantly see people calling him the best player in the league or even top 5, The Media rarely ever has him in serious contention for MVP, he's not being thrown ahead of GOAT caliber players like some of today's other superstars.

So if he doesn't get the same praise as the other top guys, why would he be deserving of the same blame??
If you notice most of the Dame criticisms comes from the Steph fans because they get up in arms when they get compared or Dame get puts on the same accord as him….Look who just wrote the last few titangraphs on last couple of pages…

1622675369666.png

Year 1: Miss playoffs
Year 2: Needed a summer break
Year 3: Loses in the 1st round

:emoji_thinking: :emoji_thinking: :emoji_thinking: imagine if he didn't play the majority of his career in the Leastern Conference

This sudden narrative that Dame is dragging teams to the hump but it's his teammates (especially CJ) that can't get them over it is wild to me. And I'm a Dame guy.

Example...people seem to have amnesia about the 2019 Nuggets/Blazers series and how that ended...but they'll remember Dame dropping 55 in the first round, and how he did all he could forever :lol: :smh:
Actually, this exact excuse has been used when Lebron can't get it done ... so ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom