OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting five star players to go to the literally the worst school in P5. A school with very little tradition, who hasn't won in the lifetime of most of these recruits and far away from talent. Imagine what he could do with even better resources?
Colorado has no tradition lol? You really don’t know anything about CFB outside of Georgia, huh?
Also, we're still trying to figure out if Cristobal can actually coach, Mario is a heck of a recruiter though😉
Lol, you’re hyping Deion but questioning someone with 1000 times a better resume
Also, Miami has been firing coaches every 3-4 years since the turn of the century, Mario being gone in 2-3 would just be keeping pace
you realize the investment in the program and contract that Mario got before even taking the job? Like, I know you’re trolling but you really don’t know anything about Miami :lol:. He’s got multiple billionaires in his back pocket giving him anything he needs for the program

Respectability for Colorado is being the Pac-12 version of Kentucky. Consistent bowl team who can sneak up and beat top 25 teams from time to time.

I think you can get to the 7 win range by year 3. I think The media is putting too much pressure on Coach Prime and creating unrealistic expectations for year one. I see Colorado winning 2-3 games this season
You realize how long it took Stoops to build up Kentucky AND he was a career coach :lol:. Y’all believing in something without seeing ANY proof of concept is just funny.

y’all are acting like major turnarounds don’t happen..especially these days. Tulane was absolutely trash a year ago but goes on and beats USC to win a major bowl.

It really isn’t all that crazy if that happens to CU with all that talent and good coaches on his staff.
Willie Fritz is a good coach. We know nothing about Deion’s program building, management, etc. He might as well have been running a high level HS program at JSU. Literally high schools in Texas with more resources than the SWAC :lol:

1674323499312.gif

What is going on in here this morning? :lol:

Some of y’all woke up extra goofy.

6-win Colorado in 2023 is equivalent of 6-win Kansas in 2022.

I would love it, for the chaos.

You realize how long it took Stoops to build up Kentucky AND he was a career coach :lol:. Y’all believing in something without seeing ANY proof of concept is just funny.

That’s the point. Cristobal was A*** at FIU. My homeboy played at FIU from 2005-2009.

Cristobal has coached 12 years with only 5 seasons above .500, so how is his resume 1000 times better than Deion? It’s not that hard to suck as a coach (head coach, because cristobal is a hell of a position coach)

But a better resume? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now when Deion gets to the point that he can’t live of “name” recognition anymore and has to show and prove, but fails, then I’ll agree with you.

If Deion is under .500 after his first 3-4 years then I’ll agree.

I saw this coming the minute he got on IG. Yes the situation at HBCUs are messed up but we don’t need you all over social media bad mouthing everybody especially when the contract hasn’t been signed. His frustrations could have been kept in house.

Maybe...

But not keeping him on as coach IMO is not helping the situation at all.

The Pac-12 isn't the SEC. The Pac-12 isn't easier conference to navigate and it will be even easier to get through once USC and UCLA leave in a couple of years. Also, the transfer portal will allow Coach Prime to turn over the roster much faster than Stoops did.

I'm not guaranteeing Coach Prime will be successful, there's a high probability that this crashes and burns and Coach Prime cuts bait in 2-3 years but I know he won't have issues getting talent and talent acquisition is half the sport

you realize the investment in the program and contract that Mario got before even taking the job? Like, I know you’re trolling but you really don’t know anything about Miami :lol:. He’s got multiple billionaires in his back pocket giving him anything he needs for the program

💯

The University is married to Mario. 10 years, 80 million is unprecedented for this school. They’re definitely not canning him even if we’re not where we want to be at year 3 or 4.

💯

The University is married to Mario. 10 years, 80 million is unprecedented for this school. They’re definitely not canning him even if we’re not where we want to be at year 3 or 4.

They got all that money and still tenants at Hard Rock Stadium. Beckham and Co. have already built Drive Pink Stadium down the street from me, and are about to break ground on that other stadium complex in Miami…..

But the Canes don’t even have a place to call home. They need their own stadium

…. But Billionaires

They got all that money and still tenants at Hard Rock Stadium. Beckham and Co. have already built Drive Pink Stadium down the street from me, and are about to break ground on that other stadium complex in Miami…..

There’s a whole faction of Canes fans that want to build a stadium on Tropical Park. John Ruiz even suggested buying Coral Gables High School, demolishing it, and rebuilding it somewhere else so the Canes could build a stadium there. In my opinion, it’s all a pipe dream. Hard Rock Stadium is a world class facility. Like all Miami teams, if the Canes are relevant, the seats will get filled. The only issue is distance, but the Orange Bowl wasn’t exactly on campus either. And let’s not forget they were tenants there too, the Orange Bowl land is owned by the city. Being a tenant doesn’t concern me. The majority of NFL teams are tenants in city owned stadiums.

Just cringe all around...

If you're Ed Reed, at some point you have to ask yourself: "What am I trying to accomplish with my actions?"

Even if he does feel justified, he's making himself look bad by posting this video blasting University. If I were an athletic director at any level, I wouldn't hire Ed Reed after seeing this video. As opposed to handling things in house like every other coach in the country, he goes on social media and blasts the the administration of leadership, calling them corrupt.

Just not a good look even if Ed thinks he's right.

It reminds me of when people quit their job and on the way out they curse out their colleagues and bosses. You might feel good in the moment and you might even be justified by calling out their behavior but it's not going to help you in the future. The world of college athletics is small and everybody talks.

I hope I'm wrong but Ed might have just lit his whole career on fire. Instead of just taking a minute to cool off and think about things, he chooses to go on a 15 minute social media tirade?

That’s the point. Cristobal was A*** at FIU. My homeboy played at FIU from 2005-2009.
FIU literally was borrowing shoulder pads from other programs because they were so broke. If your boy played there then you should understand how awful **** was when he took over there. :lol:
Cristobal has coached 12 years with only 5 seasons above .500, so how is his resume 1000 times better than Deion? It’s not that hard to suck as a coach (head coach, because cristobal is a hell of a position coach)

Deion literally has NO resume. Cristobal has a conference title in the conference that Deion is about to get destroyed in next year and multiple NY6 bowl games. Multiple first round picks and NFL guys around the league. Y’all are hyping Deion for 2 corners committing. :lol:
dacomeup dacomeup is ready to go to war for his boy Mario Cristobal🤣🤣🤣

More so just calling our yall talking out your *** :lol:. You do it daily in here

…. But Billionaires
Fam, just say you don’t know what you’re talking about and move on :lol:. Because you sound silly. They can’t build a stadium in Coral Gables. You live down there and you don’t know that?

Yeah that video took me by surprise.. not at all shocked to see this result. Disappointing for both parties.

Now when Deion gets to the point that he can’t live of “name” recognition anymore and has to show and prove, but fails, then I’ll agree with you.

If Deion is under .500 after his first 3-4 years then I’ll agree.
The FIU program was 5 years old when Cristobal took over and he took them to their first 2 bowl games. He quite literally built that program. The school has only been to 3 bowl games ever and has only won 1 conference championship (also under Mario.) What has FIU done before and since?

I’m not even a Cristobal supporter, I think he’s a ****ty in game coach, but comparing him to Deion right now is a really bad argument.

Now Herm Edwards, on the other hand…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom