OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not but will need him for depth… I think he Benny, Graham and Jenkins give Michigan a solid rotation… Really like the roster for next year but need the 24 class to be Top 7 ranked for them to restock
That'll be tough if (when) Jim does the "will i or wont i" NFL thing again.

Anybody in here have a good podcast regarding draft analysis? Because I listen to a few podcasts for college football and the Will Levis stuff still doesn't make sense to me. Is this hype based purely on his measurables? He's never looked amazing in actual games to me

Anybody in here have a good podcast regarding draft analysis? Because I listen to a few podcasts for college football and the Will Levis stuff still doesn't make sense to me. Is this hype based purely on his measurables? He's never looked amazing in actual games to me

He’s a white dude that was below average in college. For whatever reason the NFL loves to hype them up and then they become busts

Josh Allen panning out is going to get these guys drafted forever, it just is what it is.

People forget how truly bad Allen was in college, that pick was purely projection based.

True. I mean they’ll hit every now and then, but for every Josh Allen there are tons of Zac Wilson’s. It’s more so they get the benefit of the doubt with their “all the tools to be good” over a black QB. Hope to see AR succeed, he’s definitely Jekyll and Hyde

That'll be tough if (when) Jim does the "will i or wont i" NFL thing again.
Sounds like two sub par recruiters on the staff will be replaced (Weiss and Helow) and Chris Partridge is probably on his way back… But trying to figure out what Jim wants is a mystery 🤷‍♂️

Your reach is so funny it’s quite sad

“I completely disagree with that. But that was the decision that was made and those are the two explanations I was given.” - Ryan Day, who has barely talked about it since the game minus the author of this asking him about it

But keep telling us it’s the school and not 24/7 writers

Your reach is so funny it’s quite sad

“I completely disagree with that. But that was the decision that was made and those are the two explanations I was given.” - Ryan Day, who has barely talked about it since the game minus the author of this asking him about it

But keep telling us it’s the school and not 24/7 writers
I meant Ohio state the diaspora. Not the registrar and bursar’s office.

The Miami rumor was that he was getting moved off the field, so def interesting

The narrative has always been that Nick Saban can basically hand pick any assistant in the nation who wants but this cycle it seems like they've settled for their second or third options.

My theory is that Nick Saban is looking for long-term continuity as opposed to getting a young coach who will want a head coaching opportunity soon. Steel is already in his mid-60s he will lightly never be a head coach so maybe he'll stick around Tuscaloosa longer than a guy like Glen Schumann would

Nick's gotta be tired to some degree of rifling through coordinators, doesn't he?

That's my theory. I think he's thinking more about long-term stability and guys who will stick with him until he retires. Either that or Saban has lost his touch and coordinators around the country would rather work in other places.

It's pretty well known that Nick Saban is a tough boss and he's not the nicest guy to be around. Maybe that reputation is starting to hurt him? I'm not sure but it's very telling that neither Miami or Notre Dame sad to see these coordinators go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom