OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the pearl clutching from college football coaches. Every other sport (baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer) has been giving teenagers millions of dollars for decades yet college football coaches act as though there's no way teenagers can handle it.

The act is though college athletes are uniquely unqualified to handle money. Heck, at least they're in college getting education which is more than you can say for teenagers in the NBA, MLB or soccer leagues.
They don't give a **** about the money. They give a **** about how the money impacts their sense of control.

They don't give a **** about the money. They give a **** about how the money impacts their sense of control.

💯💯💯 They are primarily complaining because legit, over the table money is new to college football. You look at the landscape of college football a decade ago and how much coaches have lost control. In 2013 there was no transfer portal, one time free transfer, and NIL money, etc. Coaching staffs had complete control over where you could transfer.

It's smart for Fox to load up on the Colorado games early because things are going to get ugly by mid-season.

I don't understand the pearl clutching from college football coaches. Every other sport (baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer) has been giving teenagers millions of dollars for decades yet college football coaches act as though there's no way teenagers can handle it.

The act is though college athletes are uniquely unqualified to handle money. Heck, at least they're in college getting education which is more than you can say for teenagers in the NBA, MLB or soccer leagues.
They complain about the basketball kids plenty and even changed the rules to force them to go to college.

In regard to the other sports, I’d ask who are the types of kids who play those sports and who are primarily the kids playing college football?

They complain about the basketball kids plenty and even changed the rules to force them to go to college.

In regard to the other sports, I’d ask who are the types of kids who play those sports and who are primarily the kids playing college football?

We all know that is the unspoken part about NIL and paying teenagers. Top European basketball players were playing professionally at 16. If basketball and football were played by suburban white kids in America, I think a lot of the "We need more rules" talk would go away.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis Alex Atkins is your lead recruiter on Julian Lewis? That's weird considering A. He's an OL coach, and B. He's got one foot out the door. Lewis will never even see him on campus.

I can’t wait for his advice to start throwing the ball in the second half while their run game is absolutely torching tcu’s defense in the first half… only to have them have a extremely sub par quarterback start passing the game away in the rose bowl to a lesser opponent.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis Alex Atkins is your lead recruiter on Julian Lewis? That's weird considering A. He's an OL coach, and B. He's got one foot out the door. Lewis will never even see him on campus.

That’s because that area of Ga is his recruiting area and he is the OC. With a prospect like that ‘lead recruiter’ doesn’t mean much because he, Norvell and the QB coach are all involved

Those lithium batteries gonna explode on impact?

Guy in the video posted in the comments that it’s been tested by VT in their lab, and that technically it’s a “modification” like a visor would be so it doesn’t compromise the warranty of the helmet either.

NIL centers are too much for my liking. Sometimes you just need to roll your sleeves up and get paid in a good ole McDonald’s bag. There’s something sentimental and authentic about it. 🤣

Players aren’t going to be the only ones with that Cyclone unit. I’m about to Google/Amazon it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know those early season games in Tally and Tampa had your boy sweating like a mother. I bought some of those neck fans and they worked halfway decent, so I’m curious about that product. The neck fan worked fairly well with a towel over my head contain the airflow.

Last edited:
Guy in the video posted in the comments that it’s been tested by VT in their lab, and that technically it’s a “modification” like a visor would be so it doesn’t compromise the warranty of the helmet either.
Well, then all i have to say is

kobe-bryant-soft.gif

Those air conditioned helmets are crazy :wow:

Is it just LSU or select schools getting them or are they accessible to everyone? Would kinda be a competitive advantage if it's the former :lol:

Kind of surprised to see USF get AAU status before FSU. FSU is a pretty good school now.

Miami is definitely getting a B1G invite.

I think it’s because of their low research money.

This used to be the unsaid B1G requirement right?

Pretty sure, but I think Nebraska lost their status, too. Could be wrong, but I haven’t heard them mentioning kicking them out because of it either 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom