OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
FmX2wrNWAA0Fryh

Based on seeing Wisky play I’m not too surprised by that

They need the guys, but like Michigan they’ve never been a program that’s brought in transfers.

Michigan has loosen the restrictions due to the success on the field, but it’s surprising Wisco has done a complete 180 for a new coach.

They didn’t do this for Andersen.

Bama grabs Austin

SC keep grinch....

I hate it here.
Lol I’m not as down on Grinch as everyone. I remember when we had a good defense with Orlando. I think a lot of our players sucked last season. Grinch wasn’t great, but who WAS an elite DC last year?

My biggest beef was with who they decided to play and when and in what positions. Like why is Tuasivi on the field over Raesjon and why are they making Tuli and Foreman drop into coverage?

I do think they need to stop with the recruiting small quick DL and realize that you CAN get big bodies now that you’re at SC. Grinch keeps recruiting like he’s still in FCS or Wazzu. It’s the spread offense of defenses.

Last edited:
People had jokes for Chris Weinke and Brandon Weeden too :lol:. Enjoy the win and stop being sensitive

I’m all for Bennett staying longer. Going to school for free and getting another year of a great learning environment, another year of friendships, another year of college ladies, another year of parties… he’s living the good life, why leave?

I’m all for Bennett staying longer. Going to school for free and getting another year of a great learning environment, another year of friendships, another year of college ladies, another year of parties… he’s living the good life, why leave?
Cuz he’s old and has to start his life? He’s bout to be on the “boy if you don’t go get a job” all star team with:

I think NIL changes the calculus for so many of these guys, especially the players who are stars in college but may not make it in the NFL. Get this word generation ago and these guys weren't making money in college (and Stetson isn't the type of prospect to get bags dropped for him as a recruit) I would buy into the "you're 25, get a job" stuff.

I can confirm that Stetson is making hundreds of thousands of dollars in NIL deals, he's making more than just about any 25-year-old I know. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I think NIL changes the calculus for so many of these guys, especially the players who are stars in college but may not make it in the NFL. Get this word generation ago and these guys weren't making money in college (and Stetson isn't the type of prospect to get bags dropped for him as a recruit) I would buy into the "you're 25, get a job" stuff.

I can confirm that Stetson is making hundreds of thousands of dollars in NIL deals, he's making more than just about any 25-year-old I know. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Fam you are way too sensitive about Stetson

Lol I’m not as down on Grinch as everyone. I remember when we had a good defense with Orlando. I think a lot of our players sucked last season. Grinch wasn’t great, but who WAS an elite DC last year?

My biggest beef was with who they decided to play and when and in what positions. Like why is Tuasivi on the field over Raesjon and why are they making Tuli and Foreman drop into coverage?

I do think they need to stop with the recruiting small quick DL and realize that you CAN get big bodies now that you’re at SC. Grinch keeps recruiting like he’s still in FCS or Wazzu. It’s the spread offense of defenses.

That’s the scheme tho, it’s hard to be that “game” heavy with bigger bodies.

Grinch is the problem. USC needs to invest big time money into their defense if they don’t want to be Oklahoma West.
To be clear I don’t like the style of defense Grinch runs. But I do feel like people over simplify issues to “the defense is bad therefore the defensive coordinator must be bad.” “The offense is struggling therefore the QB is bad.”

We wouldn’t have had 100 missed tackles if the players weren’t in position to blow the tackles :lol:

Sadly, I also understand the sentiment that not a lot of people are going to want to work and coach under you if you fire your DC after an 11 win season where you lead the country in turnovers and the consensus was your personnel was terrible. So Grinch stays another year 🤷🏾‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom