OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not ideal but UGA will be fine. This is why we brought in the two transfer receivers from Mississippi State and Mizzou. Apparently this had been in the works for over a month. AD has a young kid in the Dallas area so I understand his need to get closer to home. Looks like UT is the team to beat here. AD has two championship rings, he can afford to go 8-4 and get a bag from the from the Longhorns, good for him.

The crazy thing for UGA is that this is back-to-back years we played pretty much the entire season with our #1 receiver injured (Pickens in 2021 and AD in 2022).

2023 USC FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 26 — San José State
Sept. 2 — Nevada
Sept. 9 — Stanford*
Sept. 16 — bye
Sept. 23 — at Arizona State*
Sept. 30 — at Colorado*
Oct. 6 or 7 — Arizona *
Oct. 14 — at Notre Dame
Oct. 21 — Utah*
Oct. 28 — at California*
Nov. 4 — Washington*
Nov. 11 — at Oregon*
Nov. 18 — UCLA*
Nov. 25 — bye

What’s their record nako xl nako xl ?

I wanna see Prime do well too but I’ll bet you $100 they don’t. Vegas has the O/U at 5.5 so you might be right :lol:
Bro reneged on a bet on here before. Choose wisely
heh.png

Any of y’all actually surprised Terry Shannon is on version 4 or 5 of his product and it’s still ****ing garbage?

Don’t have a subscription but I have to imagine that it’s because playing offense in the NFL is easier than playing defense not to mention the Shields rules are in favor of the offense.

Like the article states, it's much easier to project the physical traits to be in a lead defensive player at a younger age. Size, speed and agility much easier to measure in high school prospects.

Offensively, it's much more difficult to project a position like quarterback were much of the game is mental. It's easy to scout size, arm strength and athleticism but it's much more difficult to project decision-making, accuracy and maturity. In fact there are very few five-star quarterbacks who are successful NFL QBs.

Tight end and offensive line are positions that tend to develop later. There are guys who gain 80 lb during college and go from tight end to offensive line, and there are guys who didn't even play tight end in college and end up at the NFL. It's just incredibly difficult to project.

The position that fascinates me the most is receiver. It is easy to project size and speed so I would think recruiting services would have a higher hit rate on receiver

This is why fewer and fewer college coaches even get a chance to coach in the NFL nowadays. Even the elite college coaches struggle in the NFL. The only two college coaches (with no prior NFL experience) that I could see getting a shot in the NFL are Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom