OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be tuning in to Colorado games this fall… I want to see if Prime can actually coach… Not expecting much in the W column but show some fight and that is a great start.

Gotta give it to Deion he certainly has the gift of gab. Once that losing settles in and it will next year, I’m curious how he’ll be viewed.

Bama is taking Georgia's backups?! Saban is down bad

1674189453699.jpeg

Gotta give it to Deion he certainly has the gift of gab. Once that losing settles in and it will next year, I’m curious how he’ll be viewed.

Deion has literally three generations of fans… a lot of these dudes fathers and mothers grew up admiring or looking up to Deion….

Deion Sanders literally is brand, in and of itself! He’s going to always be able to acquire talent off his pedigree alone. People want Deion to fail, but root for people like Harbaugh or Saban :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deion’s success is here to stay whether some people like it or not. This man getting Floridians to go to Colorado… that’s how much pull he’s got right now.

Tom Osborne was probably the last coach that could get us Floridians to play in the middle of nowhere cold, in Nebraska. Deion will do the same.

Deion to Colorado is a lot more like Herm Edwards to ASU than it is Deion to Jackson State.

It doesn't mean he's not going to be successful, especially with USC and UCLA leaving in 2024, but let's be honest about what is happening here.

A former player/coach/sports tv celebrity with no power 5 coaching experience and very little credibility in the way of x's and o's is taking over a cellar dweller Pac 12 program with a cratered roster, in a region he has no connection to. He then promises them a quick turn around by way of an overnight infusion of 4-5 star talent, an uptick in recruiting interest, and a pro model in program and personnel management. And also cheating...

He's Herm Edwards.

Syracuse is losing all of their good coaches. Guess the writing is on the wall and they figure this may be the last year for Dino

Deion has literally three generations of fans… a lot of these dudes fathers and mothers grew up admiring or looking up to Deion….

Deion Sanders literally is brand, in and of itself! He’s going to always be able to acquire talent off his pedigree alone. People want Deion to fail, but root for people like Harbaugh or Saban :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deion’s success is here to stay whether some people like it or not. This man getting Floridians to go to Colorado… that’s how much pull he’s got right now.

Tom Osborne was probably the last coach that could get us Floridians to play in the middle of nowhere cold, in Nebraska. Deion will do the same.

Urban Meyer was getting South Florida kids to go to cold a** Columbus Ohio on a regular basis, it's nothing new.

I root for every black head coach to succeed but I'm not going to guarantee Deion Sanders success. We haven't even seen him coach a game at the P5 level yet. There have been plenty of coaches who have succeeded at lower levels and struggled at the P5 level.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out when Deion does not have the talent advantage He had at JSU. In the SWAC, having a handful of P5 (or even G5) bounce backs and a couple of Blue Chip recruits gives you a gigantic town advantage. Not that same way in the P5. I expect Colorado to win 2-3 games next year given their level of talent and their schedule, how will Coach Prime perform once the luster of winning isn't there?

What about Kirby

Kirby isn't a Pro Coach and he knows it. He's already seen his mentor crash and burn in the NFL and end up back in college. Like most successful college head coaches, Kirby's biggest strengths are recruiting and motivation. Those skills won't really help them at the pro level. He's coaching at his alma mater, he's the highest paid coach in the nation. I don't see Kirby being the coach to break the decades long streak of college coaches failing in the NFL.

Saban and Kirby aren’t going anywhere. They’ll be fighting each other for SEC and national titles for the next decade

Saban and Kirby aren’t going anywhere. They’ll be fighting each other for SEC and national titles for the next decade

Saban is the second oldest coach in the country, ain't no way he's coaching for another decade. I'll give him another 2-3 years. He's not going to be coaching into his 80s

Saban is the second oldest coach in the country, ain't no way he's coaching for another decade. I'll give him another 2-3 years. He's not going to be coaching into his 80s

Yeah a decade is probably too much. I can see him going another 5 seasons though. He’s still pulling top 5 recruiting classes as much as he likes to ***** and moan about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom