OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s funny is Texas Tech, Baylor and probably Oklahoma State have a bigger following than SMU in the DFW market. I mean, I understand it’s all about TV markets (see Rutgers) but the PAC-12 is turning into a glorified G5 conference. :lol:

They’re like the 7th or 8th most popular team in their own damn market.

Last edited:
What’s funny is Texas Tech, Baylor and probably Oklahoma State have a bigger following than SMU in the DFW market. I mean, I understand it’s all about TV markets (see Rutgers) but the PAC-12 is turning into a glorified G5 conference. :lol:

They’re like the 7th or 8th most popular team in their own damn market.
Yeah all that is true but if SMU go to the PAC-12 they will be getting more elite DFW recruits

Yeah all that is true but if SMU go to the PAC-12 they will be getting more elite DFW recruits

You really think so? Not hating on SMU but UT/A&M/OU and the other usual suspects get the top kids in the area every single year, I can’t see that changing. They have a good NIL program though. I think every player on the team gets a minimum of $36K (even walk-on’s) which isn’t bad

You really think so? Not hating on SMU but UT/A&M/OU and the other usual suspects get the top kids in the area every single year, I can’t see that changing. They have a good NIL program though. I think every player on the team gets a minimum of $36K (even walk-on’s) which isn’t bad
SMU already getting some legit local prospects from schools like Duncanville, Desoto, Southlake. Lancaster. Look at TCU recruiting since joining the Big 12. Plus SMU is a good academic school

Hope he moves over to the secondary

Idk...I think it would be interesting to see what he could do with 1.3 targets per game. Might have something there.

If he's a good enough run blocker, that is.

I see the Gators having another six win season and Billy Napier will be on the hot seat going into 2024.

The Gators only have three guaranteed wins (McNeese State, Vanderbilt in Charlotte), 4 likely losses (Georgia, FSU, @ LSU and @Utah) and 5 toss ups

Idk...I think it would be interesting to see what he could do with 1.3 targets per game. Might have something there.

If he's a good enough run blocker, that is.
It would be fun to see how he runs down field while he opens up space for the primary targets.: The TEs

This is why I don't feel bad for programs and their fan bases when they complain about crazy buyouts. I think Norvell Is a good coach and had a good season but locking him up till the end of the decade based on one successful season is too much

This is why I don't feel bad for programs and their fan bases when they complain about crazy buyouts. I think Norvell Is a good coach and had a good season but locking him up till the end of the decade based on one successful season is too much

It’s just the cost of doing business at this point. The buyouts don’t really matter anymore tbh.

He’s been taking a pay cut since the outset of the pandemic. So this contract was paying market rate and making him back whole for what he has lost over the last couple of years.

Plus his agent is Jimmy Sexton. He could have put up a stink and asked for even more money

Last edited:
I see the Gators having another six win season and Billy Napier will be on the hot seat going into 2024.

The Gators only have three guaranteed wins (McNeese State, Vanderbilt in Charlotte), 4 likely losses (Georgia, FSU, @ LSU and @Utah) and 5 toss ups

Our only guaranteed wins are Charlotte and South Carolina. Only guaranteed losses are Georgia and LSU. Everything else is can go either way. Wouldn't be surprised with 3 wins or 9 wins at this point.

Tell that to A&M fans :lol:
A&M could fire Jimbo today if they really wanted to. Realistically (for a lot if not most programs) a buyout isn't going to stop a school from doing what they truly want to do.

This deal notwithstanding, if Norvell goes 6-6 next year and Nick Saban tells FSU he wants to come coach there, they'd find the buyout money by close of business that day.

Tell that to A&M fans :lol:
A&M had the money together to fire Jimbo this offseason if they wanted to.

He got the olive branch of the OC hire this year and is going to be on a constant hot seat moving forward.

Money wasn't an issue.

Last edited:
A&M could fire Jimbo today if they really wanted to. Realistically (for a lot if not most programs) a buyout isn't going to stop a school from doing what they truly want to do.

This deal notwithstanding, if Norvell goes 6-6 next year and Nick Saban tells FSU he wants to come coach there, they'd find the buyout money by close of business that day.

Well yeah if a huge name like that came sure, but the buyout is a huge factor if they were to fire Jimbo and have to do an actual coaching search for someone who isn’t an all time great

Not saying they absolutely can’t get the money of course

Well yeah if a huge name like that came sure, but the buyout is a huge factor if they were to fire Jimbo and have to do an actual coaching search for someone who isn’t an all time great

Not saying they absolutely can’t get the money of course
It’s more about the people with money having to admit yet again that they have absolutely zero clue what the **** they’re doing when it comes to football coaching searches or handling the smallest bit of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom