OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
dacomeup dacomeup is gonna come at your neck for mocking John Ruiz. I’m pretty certain that’s Mike Ryan from their show singing, whose birth name is Mike Ruiz.
Nah, LeBatard hating Miami is just strange. Even back to him snitching on the program in the 90s to cause the probation. I always thought his whole shtick/show was unfunny though so I’m not the target audience for him

Nah, LeBatard hating Miami is just strange. Even back to him snitching on the program in the 90s to cause the probation. I always thought his whole shtick/show was unfunny though so I’m not the target audience for him
He doesn’t hate Miami. He’s an alum and used to cover the school and is friends with a lot of the former football players. He’s also good friends with Billy Corben.

And like I mentioned before Mike Ryan who is a huge Miami homer is the show’s producer and the guy singing on that song. Isn’t he related to John Ruiz lol?

Jokes and objectivity aren’t hate

He doesn’t hate Miami. He’s an alum and used to cover the school and is friends with a lot of the former football players. He’s also good friends with Billy Corben.

And like I mentioned before Mike Ryan who is a huge Miami homer is the show’s producer and the guy singing on that song. Isn’t he related to John Ruiz lol?

Jokes and objectivity aren’t hate
He literally turned in the school and resulted in them ending on probation in the 90s :lol:. Sounds like someone who loves the school alright

I don’t watch the show because I’ve never found LeBatard entertaining in the least bit so it’s not my cup of tea. No idea who Mike Ryan is related to

LeBatard will have a couple of funny moments but I can’t listen to him for long. I know the point of his show is to essentially talk sports without talking sports, but if it’s the day after a Super Bowl, national title, etc. he is literally the last person that needs to be on the air

LeBatard will have a couple of funny moments but I can’t listen to him for long. I know the point of his show is to essentially talk sports without talking sports, but if it’s the day after a Super Bowl, national title, etc. he is literally the last person that needs to be on the air
Yea, he’s just don’t care to hear people talking sports without talking sports :lol:. Shutdown Fulcast ain’t my cup of tea either and I know people love it. I won’t yuck their yum though

Yea, he’s just don’t care to hear people talking sports without talking sports :lol:. Shutdown Fulcast ain’t my cup of tea either and I know people love it. I won’t yuck their yum though

Dan himself really isn’t funny it’s most the Stuggots (sp?) dude who carried the show imo. Anytime I brought up how the show is trash I was told “you just don’t get the show bro!” :smh:

There’s no alum that hates Miami more than LeBatard. It’s actually pretty weird
He literally turned in the school and resulted in them ending on probation in the 90s :lol:. Sounds like someone who loves the school alright

I don’t watch the show because I’ve never found LeBatard entertaining in the least bit so it’s not my cup of tea. No idea who Mike Ryan is related to

Dan LeBatard is a certified clown. It is well known that he hates the Canes and the Dolphins. He’s a closet Dallas Cowboys fan. Billy Corben is also a clown for other reasons. LeBatard and Mike Ryan are the lamest personalities on that show and make it unbearable at times. The other guys like Stugotz and Billy Gil have been carrying them for years now.

Look I’m not gonna stand for the LeBatard slander.

Y’all just don’t get the show.

And dacomeup dacomeup maybe I’m assuming they’re related because of the last name but I know Mike Ryan is of a well off Ohio/Miami Ruiz family with ties to the Canes. Leb is plugged in still also.

People who think his show hates the Canes 1. havent listened to his show in 20 years and 2. Are probably overly defensive Miami fans.

And no shots but canes fans, maybe for good reason, are super over defensive. For example any criticism of any staffing hire or move last year was met with jeers. Now Mario fires all those same dudes and it’s the same canes fans claiming it’s a great move because those coaches sucked.

Look I’m not gonna stand for the LeBatard slander.

Y’all just don’t get the show.

And dacomeup dacomeup maybe I’m assuming they’re related because of the last name but I know Mike Ryan is of a well off Ohio/Miami Ruiz family with ties to the Canes. Leb is plugged in still also.

People who think his show hates the Canes 1. havent listened to his show in 20 years and 2. Are probably overly defensive Miami fans.

And no shots but canes fans, maybe for good reason, are super over defensive. For example any criticism of any staffing hire or move last year was met with jeers. Now Mario fires all those same dudes and it’s the same canes fans claiming it’s a great move because those coaches sucked.

You know how common of a last name Ruiz is here in Miami? You think everyone named Rodriguez or Gonzalez down here are related also? :rolleyes

I’ve been listening to the LeBatard show since they were on local sports radio. Don’t try to lecture me. Mike Ryan’s family isn’t from Ohio. He just decided to root for Cleveland as a kid because his abuelita had Browns paper plates in her house. He didn’t go to the University of Miami either. He’s a lame blowhard who loves to overstate how connected he is but no one down here takes him seriously. Did you just start listening to the show a few weeks ago? Sounds like it.

Last edited:
Nobody said anything about his show hating the Canes. HE hates Miami. I pointed to actual behavior that supports that. I don’t care about his show :lol:. Two different points being made here
get your shots off :lol:. This is what you REALLY wanted to do anyways. Minus Gattis — these were all good coaches who obviously weren’t a good fit for where Miami is at/what is needed at this stage.Steele, Strong, Ponce (and even Gattis) all landed on their feet immediately. Steele got hired back to be Saban’s DC. You were criticizing the hires as mediocre or bad, not talking about continuity or recruiting expectations

I wasn’t for playoff expansion until now.

It’s just bull**** we have to play two of the top 3 teams in the conference every year plus MSU, while PSU is going to get off easy.

The divisions were fine, what tv wants is going to be a USC-Mich/OSU conference championship game anyways, sliding SC and UCLA into the west would have guaranteed that.

Very happy as a HUGE USC AND MIAMI FAN. Me reading every post. Even those that contradict one another.
B2FE6DA3-E17D-401B-873C-F87B6E232C4B.gif

Nobody said anything about his show hating the Canes. HE hates Miami. I pointed to actual behavior that supports that. I don’t care about his show :lol:. Two different points being made here

Facts. We don’t claim Dan LeBatard. Funny thing is that he’s probably going to be running his fat mouth and ranting about he was always behind the school when the Canes finally win something :rolleyes

You know how common of a last name Ruiz is here in Miami? You think everyone named Rodriguez or Gonzalez down here are related also? :rolleyes

I’ve been listening to the LeBatard show since they were on local sports radio. Don’t try to lecture me. Mike Ryan’s family isn’t from Ohio. He just decided to root for Cleveland as a kid because his abuelita had Browns paper plates in her house. He didn’t go to the University of Miami either. He’s a lame blowhard who loves to overstate how connected he is but no one down here takes him seriously. Did you just start listening to the show a few weeks ago? Sounds like it.
Lol yes. I know Ruiz is a common last name. No I don’t assume everyone named Gonzalez (or Smith) is related. That’s why I said “maybe I’m assuming because of the last name.”

But Mike Ryan was the principal “national” person talking about Mario to Miami before it was a thing anywhere outside the boards and he broke news about the collective before it was public. Both things John Ruiz was heavily involved with and things he implied He himself was connected with. Obviously could have been a coincidence, which is why I predicated my statement.

But yes I just tuned into Leb last week.

I have no idea who Hoch is either.

get your shots off :lol:. This is what you REALLY wanted to do anyways. Minus Gattis — these were all good coaches who obviously weren’t a good fit for where Miami is at/what is needed at this stage.Steele, Strong, Ponce (and even Gattis) all landed on their feet immediately. Steele got hired back to be Saban’s DC. You were criticizing the hires as mediocre or bad, not talking about continuity or recruiting expectations

Leb is a journalist. I don’t think him reporting on a story equals him hating something. He was a young writer. Should he have buried the story? The dude loves all things Miami.

It’s not gonna stop these jokes though.

Lol yes. I know Ruiz is a common last name. No I don’t assume everyone named Gonzalez (or Smith) is related. That’s why I said “maybe I’m assuming because of the last name.”

But Mike Ryan was the principal “national” person talking about Mario to Miami before it was a thing anywhere outside the boards and he broke news about the collective before it was public. Both things John Ruiz was heavily involved with and things he implied He himself was connected with. Obviously could have been a coincidence, which is why I predicated my statement.

But yes I just tuned into Leb last week.

I have no idea who Hoch is either.

I appreciate the honesty. Mike Ryan may have some sources, but he takes himself way too seriously in this arena. Man thinks he’s an international soccer journo now arguing with the likes of Fabrizio Romano over Messi’s potential transfer to Inter Miami. It’s ridiculous. If he’s right about this I’ll eat crow, but I doubt it.

I appreciate the honesty. Mike Ryan may have some sources, but he takes himself way too seriously in this arena. Man thinks he’s an international soccer journo now arguing with the likes of Fabrizio Romano over Messi’s potential transfer to Inter Miami. It’s ridiculous. If he’s right about this I’ll eat crow, but I doubt it.
Just to be clear, I’ve been listening to Leb for like 14-15 years. By Hoch I was referring to Marc Hochman :lol:

But I agree with everything else you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom