OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
nako xl nako xl Gary Bryant worth a **** or nah?
Yeah he's good. Has potential to be really good in a vertical offense. Was just struggling because our WR room is loaded and couldn't lock down a starting spot with Addison, Mario, and Washington playing similar roles.

He's 100% chasing NIL though :lol:

This is a very smart move and I applaud it but not in the reasons that you would attribute to me. The CU football team has been part of my life since 1993. My cousin played there in the late 90s and anyone that has lived in Colorado knows that the Boulder police and Boulder community is very racist towards Black folks. Most POCs don’t send their kids up to Boulder unless the scholarship money is on point. From being called the N word repeatedly on the way to class to having the N word painted around campus, CU has always had a race problem which is ironic considering the fact that Boulder is super liberal and allegedly progressive but super wealthy at the same time. Wealth causes the race issues.

Now on to Prime. He’s doing what Coach Mac and other successful coaches (Tad Boyle and Ricardo Patton did on the Basketball side) have done at CU. The predominantly white community in Boulder loves weaponizing the police by calling them on Black students, athletes and Black Greek life on a regular basis with little or no reason at all other than their desire to keep Boulder White. Folks can read my breakdown of the Eric Bienimey and his time at CU in the NFL thread but if not for Coach Mac’s relationship with the Boulder cops many CU players in the 90s would probably be in jail today (See the 30 for 30 Gospel According to Mac Documentary). On one end this helps when the cops know who you are and who your players are and might shoot second instead of first.

Last edited:
IMG_5659.gif

putting my off-season lies together based off of 1 spring practice

This is a very smart move and I applaud it but not in the reasons that you would attribute to me. The CU football team has been part of my life since 1993. My cousin played there in the late 90s and anyone that has lived in Colorado knows that the Boulder police and Boulder community is very racist towards Black folks. Most POCs don’t send their kids up to Boulder unless the scholarship money is on point. From being called the N word repeatedly on the way to class to having the N word painted around campus, CU has always had a race problem which is ironic considering the fact that Boulder is super liberal and allegedly progressive but super wealthy at the same time. Wealth causes the race issues.

Now on to Prime. He’s doing what Coach Mac and other successful coaches (Tad Boyle and Ricardo Patton did on the Basketball side) have done at CU. The predominantly white community in Boulder loves weaponizing the police by calling them on Black students, athletes and Black Greek life on a regular basis with little or no reason at all other than their desire to keep Boulder White. Folks can read my breakdown of the Eric Bienimey and his time at CU in the NFL thread but if not for Coach Mac’s relationship with the Boulder cops many CU players in the 90s would probably be in jail today (See the 30 for 30 Gospel According to Mac Documentary). On one end this helps when the cops know who you are and who your players are and might shoot second instead of first.
So weird for a super progressive town. Two of my best friends moved there a few years ago, and never would have expected that from an outsiders perspective based on their time there. Thanks for sharing your story.

He’s annoying and self-serving as it comes, but he has a point here :lol:. Curious to see what happens in court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom