OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

Knew I wasn’t crazy

E13EA401-89A1-4CDA-B7BC-F0ACB4FA3DA8.jpeg

Yep agree with you guys, the 2's were just zoom air. I don't think I felt the zoom as much as something like the AJ34 and up, but the 2's definitely had the bouncy feeling of zoom.

Pretty neat reference:
(looks like the 6's were the only double stacked shoes in his line)

The ZL 2's were so bouncy. I remember wearing my Black/crimson pair to school on that Monday after they came out 11th grade year and I thought no one could tell me anything... I definitely remember people not really liking them like that back in 2004 here in the DMV area(PG County).. They actually went on sale too. I remember more people wearing the White/Navy Pair that came out the following month(12/19/04), but overall these weren't really popular.. I have a feeling it would be the same this retro run since the model isn't really sought after.

The ZL 2's were so bouncy. I remember wearing my Black/crimson pair to school on that Monday after they came out 11th grade year and I thought no one could tell me anything... I definitely remember people not really liking them like that back in 2004 here in the DMV area(PG County).. They actually went on sale too. I remember more people wearing the White/Navy Pair that came out the following month(12/19/04), but overall these weren't really popular.. I have a feeling it would be the same this retro run since the model isn't really sought after.
I got the breds at DSG for $90 back in the day! I was in HS and my pops got em for me for AAU and people were like “how you play in those?!” but they were MAD comfy and MAD bouncy… nostalgia flooding back man damn I’m old 😂

Lol I feel you guys. I got my first pair at footlocker for either $69 or $99. Took them to the courts and was surprised specifically by secure my heel felt in these - lockdown fit made these feel so light on my feet.

Then ended up doubling up on the ASG and black crimson reds at the outlets for $69!

I can't front, after getting these for retail on release day, I didn't really regret paying retail. For the tech and materials used on these, it was a bargain. $125 for large volume zoom and real genuine leather panels was a bargain. Honestly, I thought these would retail for me back in 2004. I used to wear these a lot because of how comfortable they are. I really like the Chamber of fear ad for these and the booklet that came with them. As you guys can see, these are nostalgic for me. If they bring back the black/red pair, i'm copping.. Ironically, that was the year I started to really like LeBron as my favorite player of the NBA along with TMAC.

Also, I would like to add that these bottomed out after awhile as far as the Zoom Air, which caused them to not be as comfortable. They def feel lighter then they look too.

I can't front, after getting these for retail on release day, I didn't really regret paying retail. For the tech and materials used on these, it was a bargain. $125 for large volume zoom and real genuine leather panels was a bargain. Honestly, I thought these would retail for me back in 2004. I used to wear these a lot because of how comfortable they are. I really like the Chamber of fear ad for these and the booklet that came with them. As you guys can see, these are nostalgic for me. If they bring back the black/red pair, i'm copping.. Ironically, that was the year I started to really like LeBron as my favorite player of the NBA along with TMAC.
Man I had the little wrist bands and the book and I wish I knew where they were now… damn!

I remember my 3s being super bouncy.. Like Air Jordan 18 and 19 bouncy. The Zoom 3s weren’t double stacked tho??

Back
Top Bottom