OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was Arkansas I think, when Pittman left?

Yea, there’s story out there too tho of him banging on the door of either a coed or a admins door after a night of drinking, that got swept under the rug.

I might have been conflating the two stories because Brett was notorious for getting wasted with his players and acting like a overgrown frat bro while being a grown *** man.

Yea, there’s story out there too tho of him banging on the door of either a coed or a admins door after a night of drinking, that got swept under the rug.

I might have been conflating the two stories because Brett was notorious for getting wasted with his players and acting like a overgrown frat bro while being a grown *** man.
I’ve heard stories of him being wasted around campus and seen people implying he was cheating with coeds. That feels like pretty standard fair for coaches at party schools though.

I remember the post game interview where Bret said he had to “go crack a beer and climb on [his] wife.”

Chiefs won and made him look dumb so he has to move on to his next target.

Last edited:
Interesting read. Florida's boosters are reluctant to give to their NIL collective because of the bad product they're seeing on the field.

Honestly, I understand this position. Why would I contribute my hard-earned money when I know it will likely be wasted on a poorly coached team? Seems like the boosters are out on supporting the program until Napier is gone.

This does introduce a difficult "chicken or the egg" situation. The boosters don't want to contribute because they aren't seeing a winning product on the field but Florida will never get a winning product on the field if boosters don't contribute. Regardless, I hope Florida continues this death spiral for the next decade.

Chiefs won and made him look dumb so he has to move on to his next target.

He was an interesting character on the TV show but now it's pretty sad. He's saying anything to stay relevant. He's basically unemployable at any level of football so he has to say outrageous things to pay the bills. He's like an even worse version of Skip Bayless or Stephen a Smith

He was an interesting character on the TV show but now it's pretty sad. He's saying anything to stay relevant. He's basically unemployable at any level of football so he has to say outrageous things to pay the bills. He's like an even worse version of Skip Bayless or Stephen a Smith
He's a regular on Whitlock's show. Whitlock brings him on to say offensive conservative America fan service things and passes it off as real football analysis because a tv coach said it.

Interesting read. Florida's boosters are reluctant to give to their NIL collective because of the bad product they're seeing on the field.

Honestly, I understand this position. Why would I contribute my hard-earned money when I know it will likely be wasted on a poorly coached team? Seems like the boosters are out on supporting the program until Napier is gone.

This does introduce a difficult "chicken or the egg" situation. The boosters don't want to contribute because they aren't seeing a winning product on the field but Florida will never get a winning product on the field if boosters don't contribute. Regardless, I hope Florida continues this death spiral for the next decade.

Wow they turned on Napier quick :lol:

“There’s a ton, a ton of RPO, which nobody is going to RPO themselves to a Super Bowl in our league.”

“He doesn’t play with a ton of anticipation because of all the clean pockets that exist for him.”

“I got to look at the dirty style and how he functions in that, and that’s gonna be pivotal, because if you can’t play in a dirty pocket you’ll never play in our league.”

"His mobility is not anything special. Nobody will watch him on tape and go wow we've really got our hands full."

:lol: This is is the dude you were caping for atlsfinest atlsfinest ?

“There’s a ton, a ton of RPO, which nobody is going to RPO themselves to a Super Bowl in our league.”

“He doesn’t play with a ton of anticipation because of all the clean pockets that exist for him.”

“I got to look at the dirty style and how he functions in that, and that’s gonna be pivotal, because if you can’t play in a dirty pocket you’ll never play in our league.”

"His mobility is not anything special. Nobody will watch him on tape and go wow we've really got our hands full."

:lol: This is is the dude you were caping for atlsfinest atlsfinest ?

Who was caping for anybody? I don't even agree with what Meril is saying I just think it's an interesting perspective that I haven't heard before. I even said a couple of posts ago that Meril has his hits and his bad misses as well. Some of you guys are little too sensitive 😂

Hoge has a pretty good track record of evaluating qb prospects and predicting busts.
Most recently though, he preferred 1. Trubisky to 2. Watson and 3. Mahomes, and had the 2021 class: 1. Lawrence, 2. Wilson, 3. Lance, 4. Fields. Even then, he said that Wilson had the most talent and highest ceiling of the group.

It's also silly of him to compare college QBs to close to finished product NFL QBs. Especially when he also rated those particular NFL QBs low when they came out.

Sheesh does Napier make it through this year with his job?

hell-naw.gif

College Football Playoff, ESPN agree to 6-year extension worth $1.3 billion per year: Sources​

ESPN and the College Football Playoff are in agreement on a six-year, $7.8 billion extension that will make the network the home of the 12-team tournament through the 2031-32 season, sources briefed on the deal told The Athletic.

The full contract’s completion is still contingent on CFP leaders finalizing details of the expanded format in the wake of the implosion of the Pac-12. The CFP’s management committee and board of managers have meetings scheduled for next week and continue to work through the complicated process of settling their outstanding issues. The ESPN deal will not be ratified until the commissioners and presidents vote on the structure and financials of the expanded CFP. ESPN senior vice president of communication Josh Krulewitz and College Football Playoff executive director Bill Hancock both declined to comment.

Back
Top Bottom