OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I’ll repeat, I don’t care how many lies they tell about it; it was not just a coincidence that Saban decide to retire the day that classes began at Alabama and players were locked for the semester and would have to burn a transfer.

He just did the same **** again by announcing the other day he was joining ESPN after pretending he’d still be involved with the football program.

We need to stop pretending these dudes aren’t all self interested snakes.

I’ll repeat, I don’t care how many lies they tell about it; it was not just a coincidence that Saban decide to retire the day that classes began at Alabama and players were locked for the semester and would have to burn a transfer.

He just did the same **** again by announcing the other day he was joining ESPN after pretending he’d still be involved with the football program.

We need to stop pretending these dudes aren’t all self interested snakes.

Some FSU fans still think it was decided a long time ago

Discovery based on what? I think FSU fans are salty and behaving as such.

But I do also think Saban knew or suspected it’d be his last season some time ago, and whether he overtly communicated that to his superiors and people in the media, they had reason to suspect also.

I mean we talked about it in here before and during the season. We even talked about how his body language and behavior was different and how the last two teams were his sloppiest on the field execution wise, almost like he was easing up as the task master he was known to be. (I do still think his work with this years team may have been his best overall coaching job though.)

FSU fans have been delusional the last few months. They should FOIA Saban’s emails if they think they’ll find something instead of saying random legal words like they actually know what it means :lol:

I think UCLA should just hire an interim head coach for 2024, take their licks during the season and go from there. :lol:

Lincoln needs to step it up. This is actually been the most disappointing part about the Lincoln Riley tenure at USC so far. I think many of us assumed that he would dominate recruiting in California and it simply has a materialized so far.

Last edited:
UCLA coaching search note:

“In case you want another example of how badly UCLA's administration bungled all this Chip handling...

I've had it reaffirmed to me lately something I hinted at in the past: If UCLA had fired Chip at the time most head coaches were normally getting fired, Jonathan Smith would have likely taken the Bruins job over Michigan State as long as the money was anywhere near close. A big reason is this: Smith's family and his wife's family, including both sets of their kids' grandparents, are concentrated not just in LA, but specifically in the San Gabriel Valley (Rose Bowl) and west side (UCLA's campus). He would have loved to come back down here and lead that program close to home, and though Michigan State may have won a potential bidding war, the idea of being close to family would have weighed heavily on him. Instead, they hung on to Chip, and Smith's decision to move to East Lansing was made much, much easier.“

Lincoln needs to step it up. This is actually been the most disappointing part about the Lincoln Riley tenure at USC so far. I think many of us assumed that he would dominate recruiting in California and it simply has a materialized so far.

I'm actually not surprised just based off how USC's NIL doesn't pay high school kids like some of these other schools.

Our feeder school has also turned into a Oregon school as well.

Is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom