OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell of a weekend for SC, definitely surprised they took the kid that tried to kill his teammate though
For what it's worth, I wouldn't have taken him. I believe in kids getting second chances but you can't preach culture and character over everything and then take the school bully who harmed a teammate and who had other teammates snitching on him. That's Lincoln preaching one thing and doing the other and I don't like it.

That said, I also think some of this is disingenuous and sour grapes, because I see people criticizing the move who are fans of coaches that were talking to and visiting the kid just the other week. He JUST met with Texas and scheduled a visit for their spring game on 4/20. Also scheduled April visits to UF and Tennessee.

I doubt he sticks in the class, but hey, there are plenty of villains on each of our college football teams so who am I to act high and mighty. As long as he can tackle the quarterback I'll shut my mouth.

Between this and Coach Prime saying he only wants his son to play in warm weather and he would pull an Eli Manning if necessary, maybe the Sanders family needs to relax in front of microphones. Every thought in your head doesn't need to be spoken in public.

Especially something as insane as "I don't see 6A players in Texas excelling". 😂

Make sure you guys tune in!

IMG_4485.jpeg

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have taken him. I believe in kids getting second chances but you can't preach culture and character over everything and then take the school bully who harmed a teammate and who had other teammates snitching on him. That's Lincoln preaching one thing and doing the other and I don't like it.

That said, I also think some of this is disingenuous and sour grapes, because I see people criticizing the move who are fans of coaches that were talking to and visiting the kid just the other week. He JUST met with Texas and scheduled a visit for their spring game on 4/20. Also scheduled April visits to UF and Tennessee.

I doubt he sticks in the class, but hey, there are plenty of villains on each of our college football teams so who am I to act high and mighty. As long as he can tackle the quarterback I'll shut my mouth.

Oh for sure, there's always some sort of sour grapes when a highly ranked kid commits to somewhere other than your favorite school. But I would imagine that most of the blowback for that take isn't just that.

Lincoln has to build that defense one way or another, so I understand the take, but still. Probably a case where if that side of the ball was more built up they wouldn't take him, at least not this early in the game

If there’s 10 minutes of discussion about the 3 game slide vs Michigan with an accompanying highlight package, I could maybe find some time.

I don’t know about the highlight but I will almost guarantee they will talk about Michigan and how day HAS to beat them this year :lol:

There's a fine line between "oh he's just a bully" and knowingly/willfully doing something that very easily could've killed a kid in your locker room.

:lol:

All ima say is if he got signed by one of the other schools repped in this thread, boy oh boy.

Oh well hopefully the kid can seize the second chance he’s been given

Riley Leonard needs another ankle surgery.

Still have no idea why Elko rushed him back and didn't let him get all the way back before putting him back out there when he got re-injured

Between this and Coach Prime saying he only wants his son to play in warm weather and he would pull an Eli Manning if necessary, maybe the Sanders family needs to relax in front of microphones. Every thought in your head doesn't need to be spoken in public.

Especially something as insane as "I don't see 6A players in Texas excelling". 😂

They need to hush. Players from Duncanville, Desoto, SLC other top 6A dfw programs and from the Houston area are doing well in CFB and the NFL

This number is at minimum 2m (probably more like 5m) short of what other big boy NIL collectives are either working with currently or aiming towards

Unless he’s only trying to take care of a select number

This number is at minimum 2m (probably more like 5m) short of what other big boy NIL collectives are either working with currently or aiming towards

Unless he’s only trying to take care of a select number

He's not recruiting HS so I think that plays into it.

Back
Top Bottom