OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Between this and Coach Prime saying he only wants his son to play in warm weather and he would pull an Eli Manning if necessary, maybe the Sanders family needs to relax in front of microphones. Every thought in your head doesn't need to be spoken in public.

Especially something as insane as "I don't see 6A players in Texas excelling". 😂

would teams even be scared off?

WSU just can’t have anything :lol:
****-****em.gif

Thoughts on if/when college adopts it? I’m assuming HS is going to adopt it rather shortly.

Personally I’m a fan, it’s a safer play and much more of a “football” play than what the kickoff has become.

Only thing I wish they’d change is, instead of a minimum of 9 on the front line, make it 6 or 7 and allow 3-4 players between the kick returner and front line, at the 20 yard line

You guys in here seen all the players getting drafted. Would you take any receivers upside over Harrison ?

I wouldn’t be shocked if Nabers went ahead of him. The only “knock” on Marv during college was he didn’t get a ton of separation (unless he just blew past a slower defender) but he is extremely gifted at making contested catches which is probably what he will be doing more in the NFL anyway.

Also found it kind of interesting that he mentioned how he’d never let his son play RB, and I wonder if there’s some regret on his part not playing another position.

Last edited:
Where are those 3 L’s coming from? :nerd:

Personally I got you guys going 8-4 or 7-5. Same problem I have with LSU, I don’t see how you guys get better while simultaneously losing a 1st RD QB.

Lynn is a good DC but he’s not miracle worker, besides the ****ty scheme you guys didn’t have much talent on that side of the ball either. I couldn’t care less what recruiting rankings say.
Continuing on this discussion, I saw this graphic summing up what Grinch had our defense looking like last season. It was bad bad:

1711628707811.jpeg

That’s a Grinch thing?
He dictated to the training staff what he wanted out of the positions. He liked leaner players because he felt it helped with stamina, made them quicker, and let them move in space better (see: him dropping DEs deep into coverage)

You need lighter DL if you want to be that gimmicky and run that many games up front.

It’s why a guy like Hercules Mata’afa was successful in that scheme despite being a 250lb DT.

You need lighter DL if you want to be that gimmicky and run that many games up front.

It’s why a guy like Hercules Mata’afa was successful in that scheme despite being a 250lb DT.

There’s a part of me that still thinks Grinch is a good coach because I can’t unsee Mata’afa being unstoppable in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom