OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really. As much as I enjoyed clowning them at the time, that team was a shell of itself.

Most of the guys who got drafted sat out, if not all. As much as I hate FSU they deserved to get in. They did a whole lot of corny **** after though :lol:

Agree but I think the team we saw against Louisville in the ACC title game is what we would’ve gotten in the playoff and they limped into that win. I think if they would’ve won that game by a bit more they would’ve probably gotten in

I would’ve been stressed if my team was picking McCarthy at #2 too :lol:

Fair enough :lol:

Most of the guys who got drafted sat out, if not all. As much as I hate FSU they deserved to get in. They did a whole lot of corny **** after though :lol:

Nobody who got drafted played

Agree but I think the team we saw against Louisville in the ACC title game is what we would’ve gotten in the playoff and they limped into that win. I think if they would’ve won that game by a bit more they would’ve probably gotten in

I think they coulda won by 40 and the results woulda been the same

Now coach Prime is getting in on it too, slandering the the player who spoke badly about his program. Just a totally unserious operation in Boulder.

People think that Colorado and Coach Prime are being picked on but imagine if any other P5 coach acted this way on social media, we would be killing them.

It's going to be interesting to see what Coach Prime does at the end of this season. I doubt he stays in Colorado, he certainly isn't structuring his roster like a coach who plans on being there long, but I don't think a higher level P5 program would touch him based on the way he acts off the field. I also don't think he's a good enough coach to be in the NFL.

I think he just goes back to broadcasting, expanding his social media brand, writing more books, etc.

Last edited:
People wanted to make it so much about something it wasn’t. Was never about Blackness. It was always about Deion. He’s a narcissist (not to say these other coaches also aren’t), but he was packaging it up as something else.
I still don’t see how black people walked away from his Jackson State tenure as a positive and still give him support blindly off race alone. We are a year removed from his departure and the landscape of HBCU college football is the same as before he entered it.

On top of that, he complained about every aspect of the “HBCU experience” while he was there. He literally use the opportunity for clout and a launchpad for his goal of coaching P5. A liar and grifter at its finest.

I still don’t see how black people walked away from his Jackson State tenure as a positive and still give him support blindly off race alone. We are a year removed from his departure and the landscape of HBCU college football is the same as before he entered it.

On top of that, he complained about every aspect of the “HBCU experience” while he was there. He literally use the opportunity for clout and a launchpad for his goal of coaching P5. A liar and grifter at its finest.
Because it was JSU’s fault! They weren’t serious about football, etc etc

Now coach Prime is getting in on it too, slandering the the player who spoke badly about his program. Just a totally unserious operation in Boulder.

People think that Colorado and Coach Prime are being picked on but imagine if any other P5 coach acted this way on social media, we would be killing them.

It's going to be interesting to see what Coach Prime does at the end of this season. I doubt he stays in Colorado, he certainly isn't structuring his roster like a coach who plans on being there long, but I don't think a higher level P5 program would touch him based on the way he acts off the field. I also don't think he's a good enough coach to be in the NFL.

I think he just goes back to broadcasting, expanding his social media brand, writing more books, etc.

Just so much immaturity.

People wanted to make it so much about something it wasn’t. Was never about Blackness. It was always about Deion. He’s a narcissist (not to say these other coaches also aren’t), but he was packaging it up as something else.

Split Zone Duo had a great, very nuanced article talking about the Coach Prime experience. For a lot of black people there is this knee jerk need to defend every black coach because black coaches have been deprived of opportunities for so long. For decades we saw a similar dynamic with black quarterbacks, black people defended every black quarterback regardless of if they were actually good. We're just now getting to the point where there are enough black quarterbacks in the NFL to where we can have a nuance to conversation about them.

This is why you see people quick to throw race into the equation when you criticize Coach Prime. Even if you raise normal, valid criticism people go straight to "you are criticizing him because he is black", "You're trying to keep a black man down",etc.

The interesting thing is that Coach Prime doesn't care about helping other black coaches get ahead. He only cares about furthering himself, his kids and his brand.

Coach Prime tried to turn Jay norvell into a villain but norvell is the black coach actually doing things to help other black coaches get opportunities.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just off season over reaction, it is May and there isn't much to talk about in the college football world, but the shine seems to be coming off Coach Prime.

Attacking kids online (especially when he positions himself as an advocate for young black kids) just isn't a good look.

The sad part is that Coach Prime really had an opportunity to change the paradigm of college sports but he chose to take the easy, lazy way out.

Back
Top Bottom