OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Killa is that GUY. Does anyone else not know the words to the Champions League Theme? I just make it up when I singalong

E1B6EB34-36D0-477D-B309-6DEC78443155.jpeg

A certain Beckham was supposed to be signed by Barca. Madrid got him and Barca went and got Ronaldinho and the rest is history

Mbappe gotta go to Barca. Automatically becomes his team. At madrid he's just another player sharing the limelight

Sponsors Nike and Spotify gotta step in. Just like Adidas and Apple did with Messi going to MLS 👀

I always thought the cross was some crusade type steeze that these European clubs have. Barca has it. Inter had it

You’re right sorta.

Even tho they were started by Englanders I’m pretty sure AC Milan’s white and Red Cross has nothing to do with England’s Red Cross. It’s different.

I remember them telling me this in Milan.

Englanders created lots of clubs everywhere. Throughout the planet.

They really are responsible for making the sport so global. Brought the game to many port cities.

They held it down in that regard.

(That’s the furthest I’ll ever go to give them a compliment, screenshot this)

A certain Beckham was supposed to be signed by Barca. Madrid got him and Barca went and got Ronaldinho and the rest is history

Mbappe gotta go to Barca. Automatically becomes his team. At madrid he's just another player sharing the limelight

Sponsors Nike and Spotify gotta step in. Just like Adidas and Apple did with Messi going to MLS 👀

You can HEAR the fear as you type this out

It represents St George’s cross which is an ode to Christianity and Jesus Christ. The British adopted and it became synonymous with them as well.

Correct and St. George’s cross (Sant Jordi as he’s known in Catalan) was also adopted by the cities of Barcelona and Milan, which is why it features prominently on Barça and AC Milan’s crests and why Inter released a white kit with the cross on their 100 year anniversary.

Englanders created lots of clubs everywhere. Throughout the planet.

They really are responsible for making the sport so global. Brought the game to many port cities.

They held it down in that regard.

(That’s the furthest I’ll ever go to give them a compliment, screenshot this)

You’re right, but that’s not why Barcelona and Milan have St. George’s cross on their city crests. This predates football by a few centuries.

Would’ve been impossible economically, but it would have been beautiful to see Messi spend these twilight years playing in Argentina.

Currently watching the Inter Miami/Newell’s friendly, which inspired that thought.

Back
Top Bottom