OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1671106863691.gif

Man, Pulisic did more in this World Cup than your dusty a** country :lol:.
No lies told here :smh: :lol:
Hardly an achievement considering how garbage we were
We even made KDB look bad

United bought Sancho off very successful seasons at Dortmund, his last one ending in 17 goals and 16 assists in the league.
English media always massively overhypes any English players who shows the slightest bit of talent. When has a club not overpaid by a lot for an English talent in recent years? Every English talent is the next Messi the way the English media hypes them up.
Pulisic also played at Dortmund and scored a whopping total of 8 league goals and 9 assists in 52 appearances in the 2 seasons before Chelsea bought him. You can add up his entire 4 seasons at Dortmund and Sancho still produced more goals and assists than him in a single season.

To Pulisic' credit, he's improving in a tougher league while Sancho is doing the opposite. But the price that was paid for how little he showed was ridiculous.
With Sancho's overpriced pricetag, you could at least point to multiple very successful seasons that had continued growth.

Last edited:
Seems like Pool and Madrid kind of playing a game of chicken with Bellingham/Enzo. Neither really seem eager to drop over 100m’s on one player and both guys seem to be trending north of that price.

Seems like Pool and Madrid kind of playing a game of chicken with Bellingham/Enzo. Neither really seem eager to drop over 100m’s on one player and both guys seem to be trending north of that price.
It's also a bit early to over play your hand and bid against yourself

I think Gvardiol is the goods but I’m good on trying to sign him. Lowkey don’t even think it makes sense for us to sign him

I think Gvardiol is the goods but I’m good on trying to sign him. Lowkey don’t even think it makes sense for us to sign him
Doesn't make sense for Real either unless they're thinking of moving Alaba up to DM or LB

A potential Euros 2024 with Mou and LvG coaching against each other? Inject that sassiness right into my veins :pimp:

Unless real says ef it and pull a brazil and put militao on rb. But then we already got rudiger. Why the ef we need another cb when fullbacks is what’s needed most. Why is it so tough to find a1 fullbacks? Is it because the change of style the recent years or peeps just dont really like going straight to playing that position. I started as a lb in high school. Moved to cb when i got a stress fracture on my knee in college

Is Datro Fofana here to stay or is he going to be a member of the loan army? Broja went down with an injury so we need a back up but I have a hard time believing they're gonna let him cover that role.

A big topic of debate and conversation this past week on FT has been the Messi/CR goat conversation. Since there’s no footy til Saturday here’s my take…

We can have personal goats but greatness is really decided in the court of public opinion. It’s strange that someone can lose a ton of goat stock at 37 years old in the twilight of their careers when they’re supposed to be washed and retired already, but the reality is that it has happened to CR big time. In the same tournament, on the biggest stage there’s been moments of Messi magic (and some stat padding from pens but the court of public opinion just looks at the goals tally.)

Barring an embarrassing defeat for Messi, their showings in this tournament is what people will remember really ended the conversation. Nobody cares that at Messi’s current age CR was still having 30 goal seasons in Serie A, and the unfortunate coincidence that Father Time finally caught up to him heading into this tourney. People just see one getting benched for club and country and unable to find a club to sign him, while the other may become immortalized with Pele and Maradona in international footy folklore.

I still think CR is the best to ever do it in the highest level competition there is, the CL. At worst even Messi stans will have to concede that there’s a legitimate argument there. And therefore if someone is the best in the strongest competition well then you can make the case that he’s the best to ever do it. But the public has decided, and the goat convo is over.

CR, you shoulda just stayed at RM, won a couple of more CLs, and blew out your knees doing this before this world cup tarnished your legacy

Back
Top Bottom