OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
La liga really fell of to latinos

I play ball in NYC and noticed a lot rep premier league teams now besides teams from their countries. Kids and older heads.

This wasn't always the case. From Mexicans all the way to Argentinians.

If you think Mbappe will be hated like Figo ,you clearly don't know anything about the sport. Figo was seen as traitor for going from Barca to Real. Mbappe going to Real wouldnt get nearly anywhere close to be hated as Figo was

If you think Mbappe will be hated like Figo ,you clearly don't know anything about the sport. Figo was seen as traitor for going from Barca to Real. Mbappe going to Real wouldnt get nearly anywhere close to be hated as Figo was

I explained the reasoning and it does make sense, but go off.

He’s out of his ****** mind. Never met a Parisian in his life.

So is being a PSG Ultra a full time gig? They dont have like jobs or antyhing. They just sit around thinking of things to do and on todays agenda was march to Neymar's house and tell him to leave?

What do they want?

Clown behavior from PSG ultras aside…

PSG fans put a lot of value on professionalism and commitment to the club.

Neymar,Messi, Verrati, etc. get whistled at because in the fans eyes, these players have completely different priorities other than the club, and they feel that these players are not giving their best effort.

However it doesn’t help that the club itself allows and promotes this type of behavior, which is why no one outside of Paris takes PSG seriously. I know they’ve been pretending that no one is above the club in the last few days, but we all know that’s a joke :lol:

I’m not saying that the fans are necessarily correct; Neymar and Messi are obviously two of the best players in the club. Of course there is a definite bias towards the French players, but to my knowledge players like Mbappe and Kipembe aren’t frequently in the news for off-field activities that the fans view as distractions.

Neymar doesn’t do himself any favors in terms of perception when he’s flying to Brasil whenever he wants to party and smash his sister or gambling online while spreading pro Bolsonaro propaganda. Not sure who’s telling the truth, but if Messi really flew out to Saudi Arabia when he should’ve been training with the club, it’s clearly an unprofessional move.

Again, not saying Neymar and Messi have been trash for the club at all or deserve to get scapegoated whenever the club ends up failing on a yearly basis…just talking about fan perception

Last edited:

Neymar,Messi, Verrati, etc. get whistled at because in the fans eyes, these players have completely different priorities other than the club, and they feel that these players are not giving their best effort.

However it doesn’t help that the club itself allows and promotes this type of behavior, which is why no one outside of Paris takes PSG seriously. I know they’ve been pretending that no one is above the club in the last few days, but we all know that’s a joke :lol:

I’m not saying that the fans are necessarily correct; Neymar and Messi are obviously two of the best players in the club. Of course there is a definite bias towards the French players, but to my knowledge players like Mbappe and Kipembe aren’t frequently in the news for off-field activities that the fans view as distractions.

Neymar doesn’t do himself any favors in terms of perception when he’s flying to Brasil whenever he wants to party and smash his sister or gambling online while spreading pro Bolsonaro propaganda. Not sure who’s telling the truth, but if Messi really flew out to Saudi Arabia when he should’ve been training with the club, it’s clearly an unprofessional move.

Again, not saying Neymar and Messi have been trash for the club at all or deserve to get scapegoated whenever the club ends up failing on a yearly basis…just talking about fan perception

OMG. Someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.

So is being a PSG Ultra a full time gig? They dont have like jobs or antyhing. They just sit around thinking of things to do and on todays agenda was march to Neymar's house and tell him to leave?

What do they want?

Did PSG invent Ultras or something? :lol:

Go ask Vini about the Ultras in Spain.

I’m sure he’ll write a book.

He’s out of his ****** mind. Never met a Parisian in his life.
They threw a pigs head at him on his return, they will salute Mbappe when he returns. Some fans won't be as salty due to what he has done in France. Worst comparison ever, we won't even get the hate Sol Campbell got on his return to White Hart Lane

OMG. Someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.

I mean it should be common sense, no? PSG have had the same results or worse before signing Neymar and Messi, but non-French players like Cavani and Thiago Silva were generally well-liked by fans because they were seen as pillars of the club.

Honestly it’s the culture within the club that’s the problem. To me, it looks like the clubs priority for the past 5-6 years has been more about building the brand rather than a cohesive team. They’ve been trying to attract fans with all sorts of clothing collections and collaborations, and they’ve been attracting players with $$$ and the promise to let them do whatever they want.

PSG fans want a culture shift to prioritize homegrown players that want to play for Paris specifically for this reason.

this is true but PSG also signed these stars with these freedoms as a part of their contract.
whole situation is dumb. i don't know why PSG feels entitled.

I mean it should be common sense, no? PSG have had the same results or worse before signing Neymar and Messi, but non-French players like Cavani and Thiago Silva were generally well-liked by fans because they were seen as pillars of the club.

Honestly it’s the culture within the club that’s the problem. To me, it looks like the clubs priority for the past 5-6 years has been more about building the brand rather than a cohesive team. They’ve been trying to attract fans with all sorts of clothing collections and collaborations, and they’ve been attracting players with $$$ and the promise to let them do whatever they want.

PSG fans want a culture shift to prioritize homegrown players that want to play for Paris specifically for this reason.

They’ve wanted Neymar gone since before Messi was even there. Gave him another shot. Another disappointment.

PSG are making the right moves towards a culture shift by hiring Campos. It’s barely been a year. If he had his way Neymar would have been gone last Summer.

No one knows players and talent more than Campos. You can see what he did with Monaco and Lille. He’s know French Ligue players like the back of his hand.

The only question I have is “how much power does Campos really have?”. We’ll see but the steps have been made. Give it time now. Ultras need to understand that too.

this is true but PSG also signed these stars with these freedoms as a part of their contract.
whole situation is dumb. i don't know why PSG feels entitled.
Yea that's literally the direction they chose to build and advertise/promote the club as for years :lol:

The fact it hasn't worked out in terms of their biggest aim, winning in Europe, is something else but they willingly decided to adopt that hyper player empowered culture at the club.

I don't blame them for maybe deciding to go another more insular focused direction in the future after the most recent failed experiment but it's a bad look having things devolve so messily, no pun intended, publicly.

Guess it can be argued that it was always gonna end up ugly though

20230504_090911.png

How in the world did MLS teams become so valuable when the league itself still isn't anywhere near as popular as these European leagues??

Is it simply geography/wealth of the domestic market?

Back
Top Bottom