Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

i dont know about the scorecards, magsayo seemed dominant the first half and then the second half he gassed and got two 2pt deductions

no issue with who won but that was a way to wide of a margin, magsayo almost won no rounds on the cards

Wow I wonder why they're going with a smaller venue in Yokohama arena than Saitama Super Arena they were originally talking about

As someone who really only watches the big fights/names in boxing do you guys think this Tank-Garcia fight will lead to more guys fighting the best when they are still in their primes or will it just be an exception?

As someone who really only watches the big fights/names in boxing do you guys think this Tank-Garcia fight will lead to more guys fighting the best when they are still in their primes or will it just be an exception?
Let's not forget that tank isn't exactly young. He just hasn't fought anyone. In reality this fight is just a fight between two unproven prospects who happen to be popular.

This fight is only happening because PBC is losing their backing and can't pay their fighters for in house fights anymore. So yes, there should be no problem seeing dudes fight in their primes as long as pbc is out of the way. But, i still don't see that happening because boxing has been ruined with this new culture of fighters fighting only once or twice a year. I don't see that changing anytime soon if ever.

Last edited:
Prediction: Ryan Garcia will fight the most conservative fight he's ever fought in his career.

...will probably look a lot like Oscar De La Hoya running the New York Marathon against Felix Trinidad.

Gotta favor tank to win this fight simply because of catchweight and the 10 lb max rehydration clause. Why isn't this fight at 140 when tank fought Barrios at 140 and why did they wait until Garcia moved up to 140 to drain him back down to 136 lol?

Shouldn’t have signed the contract

Not that simple bro. Garcia has been calling for this fight for years the fight wouldn't be happening at all if it weren't for the bul****. Garcia and his team are just confident they'll be able to comfortably make weight which i don't see happening but its whatever. Asking a growing 24 year old kid to drop weight AND rehydrate only 10 pounds is pretty unreasonable lol.

cant these guys just fight each other because they know they are better than the other?

geez

these dumb clauses are just dumb excuses

if you say yes then you are at a disadvantage then thats an excuse

if you dont agree to those terms, then you're to blame why the fight didnt happen and thats an excuse

The pre-sale ticket pricing for Tank vs Ryan is really aggressive. Really,really aggressive. The total gate is structured way beyond $21.5 million without price cuts

cant these guys just fight each other because they know they are better than the other?

geez

these dumb clauses are just dumb excuses

if you say yes then you are at a disadvantage then thats an excuse

if you dont agree to those terms, then you're to blame why the fight didnt happen and thats an excuse

All facts.

Is there a bigger fight in boxing this year than the Tank and Garcia fight? I am hyped about it though...can't wait to watch this fight

Not that simple bro. Garcia has been calling for this fight for years the fight wouldn't be happening at all if it weren't for the bul****. Garcia and his team are just confident they'll be able to comfortably make weight which i don't see happening but its whatever. Asking a growing 24 year old kid to drop weight AND rehydrate only 10 pounds is pretty unreasonable lol.
Isn’t this part of the boxing game though?

Tank is the 2nd smallest lightweight. Could easily make 130. Why fight a growing Ryan Garcia at 140?

Back
Top Bottom