Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

8 runs, 14 hits yesterday.

Thru 6 tonight, 12 runs, 12 hits.

Javy is 4-4 with 2 singles, a double, and a 2 run Homer.

Schwarber a 3-run Homer.

Almora 3 hits.

Heyward an RBI triple.

Pour it on, get those bats goin. All this and Rizzo/Contreras are hitless. When they start hitting.......

Kris Bryant took one above the eye in the first inning. :stoneface:

Luckily, bats have struck back, 6-0 early before Heyward loses a flyball in the sun to make it 6-2.

Baez another bomb. :pimp:

Schwarber up over .300 :wow:

:lol: bases loaded, 2 outs, up 9-7, Morrow throws a wild pitch, Contreras pounces and throws the runner out at home. :pimp:

Cubs win, take 2 of 3 in Colorado.

Back in Cleveland for the first time since....

Schwarber with 2 bombs, Contreras his first, and Happ his 3rd + an RBI single.

Bryant with an off day after the HBP, should be back tomorrow.

10 runs, 15 hits, and without Bryant or Zobrist. :pimp:

Javy with two more doubles and another RBI. He's on fire.

Oh by the way.....Heyward is hitting. :nerd:

Seems to be a lot of rumors swirling again about the Cubs trading for Manny Machado.

O's are dead in the water, likely gonna lose him anyways, thinking they might try to get "something" for him at the deadline (or sooner) That would likely be Addison Russell, if Theo decides to go ALL in. Would also possibly mean not pursuing Bryce Harper. So we'll see.

I believe IF Theo really wanted Manny, he could get it done, just depends how much he believes in Russell and what else the O's would want. Manny is CRUSHING right now, so that will only murk things up a bit in terms of value.

Yu looked MUCH better today, 6 innings, 0 ER, 8 K's. Up 2-1 in the 6th.

Hendricks with 7 shutout innings last night. Starters are starting to pick it up a lil bit.

:lol: naw, the NL Central thread is dead. And I created this because I was annoyed with people telling me Theo wasn't gonna do **** with this team when we were stockpiling young piece after young piece. As you can tell, they weren't right. :lol: :pimp:

Good to know. I miss all the arguing with Cardinal fans.

Yu looks great, so of course the pen gives up the lead and he won't get a W. :smh: 2-2 in the 7th, Strop comin in to stop the bleeding. Yelich jusssssssst missed a Grand Slam down in the count 1-2, vs Duensing. :smh:

Cubs score an unearned run in the 7th and Edwards/Morrow end it quickly after that.

W. 13-10, we've taken 5 of 6 from the Brewers so far. :pimp:

Bryant and Zobrist both back tomorrow.

7 games, 4 shutouts. :lol: :pimp:

upload_2018-4-28_14-5-23.png

I’m gonna need Lester to go out there and send a message.
No if’s, and’s, or but’s. Someone has to pay!

Back
Top Bottom