Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Why Kapler left Johnny in after it looked like He was hurt the inning before. I miss bochy

pence should never play the outfield

Last edited:
I honestly do not know what goes into a decision with a starter anymore, they would probably say analytics but there is not anything analytic about leaving in a pitcher to face a hitter that has an above .330 average against AND the starter has some sort of injury plus approaching 100 pitches.

Pence DFA'd today.

He had no business being on this roster to begin with.
Probably would've been better keeping Pillar.

Slater, Yaz, Pillar. With Dubon and Davis platooning. That would've been fine.

DH? Pillar could DH. Still confused why they Giants didn't re-sign him.

Either way, hoping the Giants can extend the win streak against the Dodgers tonight.

That’s probably why they didn’t keep Pilar, outfield is already bunched up with players already. I think I read he would’ve cost 10M in arbitration, so Farhan went with a combo of Slater, Ruf, Dickerson, Dubon, Davis, Pence, and I’m probably forgetting others, to save money.

I’m hoping once all the really bad contracts from the Evans era are off the books Farhan can land some real talent. I honestly can’t believe this roster is up there in runs scored especially at home.

Just like when we got hot last year around the trade deadline, I am terrified that this recent hot streak is going to force Farhan to cave to public/ownership pressure and buy/stand still instead of trade everyone of value. This team, in spite of the recent sure with the bat, does not have the defense or the pitching to compete in the playoffs.

Fools gold. But like last year, its been fun to watch during this streak.

If Farhan can get a team to take Melancon, I am holding out some hope he can off load a bad contract this deadline.

Whatever they do. I hope they keep Yaz.

Maybe they could deal Cueto for something in return? Not sure how much after last night.

Would say Samardzjia, but he's hurt.

I'd keep Longo, Craw, and Belt for their defense.

Belt and Crawford have a year remaining on the contract. You’re not gonna get anything for them tbh.
After 2021

posey, belt and Crawford will all be off the books. I can see them keeping Posey because he’s still an elite defensive catcher.

Shark is a free agent after this year. (Thank god)

Back
Top Bottom