Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

I hope it is still possible to lock up Leake too. Arizona offered him a 5 year deal last night though :smh:

Do not want Cain sniffing the 3rd, hell even 4th, spot in the rotation.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 48s48 seconds ago
Sources: #SFGiants still in on Leake, also like Iwakuma. Nothing brewing in trade discussions at this time.

Last edited:
Remember dude running routes for Notre Dame, now his contract includes more guaranteed money than Calvin Johnson got.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 5m5 minutes ago
Sources: Zobrist scheduled to visit #SFGiants. Remains high on priority list.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 7m7 minutes ago
It sure seems as if it's lining up for Johnny Cueto going to #Dodgers and Mike Leake to #Stlcards. We will see.

Last edited:
We've won 3 titles since 2010 and y'all are still so negative. :lol:

Can we just let the process play out first?

Last edited:
Andrew Baggarly ‏@extrabaggs 19m19 minutes ago
Sounds like Giants are not willing to give Mike Leake a Samardzija deal, and that's what it might take with multiple teams after him.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 3h3 hours ago
#DBacks hold advantage on Leake if they can find room in their budget. Lives in Phoenix area, wants to stay at home, sources say.

I really hope we are not relying on Casilla for another year. There were options out there; Kimbrel and Chapman, both gone now.

I misread that Chapman was acquired but it sounds as if it is close to being done.

Thought these tweets by Hank Schulman outline what they are likely looking for heading into the Winter Meetings.

Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman 5h5 hours ago
Can't argue with folks who say Heyward would be a great get for #sfgiants, but he'll get seven years, mid-nine figures. Not sure Gs go there

Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman 5h5 hours ago
Personally, I love Miller/Gordon idea, but #braves want major-leaguers. #sfgiants want to trade prospects. No match.

Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman 6h6 hours ago
My educated guess is that Zobrist is at or near top of #sfgiants list, like 20 other teams. I can't say exact order of the list.

IMO we could acquire top talent like every other team. The Giants are printing money, but are they willing to spend it? Probably not based on their history.

Last edited:
Does anybody think that the loss of Aoki is going to hurt this lineup, assuming Pagan will be back at the leadoff spot? I understand why they did not pick up his option because of the FA priorities they had, pitching being the focal point. The Aoki-Panik-Duffy combo was a big factor to us having the best offense since the early 2000s.

Pagan does nothing that Aoki does at the plate. He does not work the count, he does not draw walks, swings at bad pitches, I can name plenty more. Only bright side is that this will be Pagan's final year.

Aoki was a good lead off hitter, but his defense was questionable last year.

Any info on that Japanese pitcher the Giants are supposedly going after?

Sounds like Alex Gordon is the man Bobby Evans and Sabean want. I like Alex Gordon. Dude is a stud in left field. His bat aint the greatest, but our winning is predicated on defense and pitching. I think he's a good fit.

Last edited:
Just bring back Tim Lincecum.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Giants miss out on everyone they're supposedly 'in' on. They always express interest, but usually come up short.

Does anybody think that the loss of Aoki is going to hurt this lineup, assuming Pagan will be back at the leadoff spot? I understand why they did not pick up his option because of the FA priorities they had, pitching being the focal point. The Aoki-Panik-Duffy combo was a big factor to us having the best offense since the early 2000s.

Pagan does nothing that Aoki does at the plate. He does not work the count, he does not draw walks, swings at bad pitches, I can name plenty more. Only bright side is that this will be Pagan's final year.
Yeah I really wanted Aoki back too, Pagan had a subpar year in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom