Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Canelo vs Munguía 5/4 DAZN PPV

He was getting hit with some shots before that cut opened up on Tszyu’s head. Fundora did his thing but he won’t be champ for long if a rematch or Crawford are what’s next for him
I didn't see these shots, Tsyzu was up until the cut for me. It happened the end of the 2nd.

Sebastian Fundora is 6’6” and he fights at super welterweight?

He’s basically the same height as Deontay Wilder and only two inches shorter than Tyson Fury.

I guess fair play to the guy if he can make the weight, but having a fighter that tall with that long of a reach fighting at that weight class seems absurd.

IMG_7432.jpeg

Sebastian Fundora is 6’6” and he fights at super welterweight?

He’s basically the same height as Deontay Wilder and only two inches shorter than Tyson Fury.

I guess fair play to the guy if he can make the weight, but having a fighter that tall with that long of a reach fighting at that weight class seems absurd.

Weight is the one true equalizer.

For every technical-tactical advantage greater height and the inferred greater reach offers a fighter, there is a counterpoint and a disadvantage.

It’s up to the skill and IQ of the fighters to exploit and not be exploited.

Wasn’t Fundora also a late replacement for Tszyu with a completely different body type and style than the OG opponent?

That was a risky fight for both guys, props to both. Definitely a tougher task for Tszyu, Fundora has towered over all his opponents. His opponents probably never anybody close to his height.

With Fundora sidelined and it appearing Tszyu wasn't going to get the rematch right away who do you think he fights next? Also do y'all see Tim fighting 3x times this year again??

With Fundora sidelined and it appearing Tszyu wasn't going to get the rematch right away who do you think he fights next? Also do y'all see Tim fighting 3x times this year again??

I think the rematch happens in the fall if Fundora’s team is serious about honoring their word.

Tim’s cut is going to take some time before it’s fully healed, he’s sidelined for a bit too now.

This will be the test case for whether or not Eddie can build an American star because the talent is there. He just needs the right machine behind him.

Back
Top Bottom