Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rather see Rudy Gilbert take 3s in the 3 point contest than watch randle Chuck 15 more shots this season.

5465D6F6-6B9A-45D4-8539-9156AC08AE0C.jpeg

#WeHereAgain

If Randle puta up a stinker that might be good for the team.

You don't want him to show out and think he is a lethal from 3. Although when he ia going he be hitting them.

When Brunson shares the floor with RJ Barrett, the Knicks are minus-0.6 points per 100 possessions (45th percentile). They're plus-11.2(96th percentile) when Brunson plays with Immanuel Quickley.

Hopefully RJ can be traded for a big star this off season.

When Brunson shares the floor with RJ Barrett, the Knicks are minus-0.6 points per 100 possessions (45th percentile). They're plus-11.2(96th percentile) when Brunson plays with Immanuel Quickley.

Hopefully RJ can be traded for a big star this off season.

I'm just glad folks are waking up to the reality that is RJ. Simply put, he just not like that 😂. The sooner we stop pretending, the quicker we can flip him for someone who really IS

And IQ has been absolutely phenomenal on defense. Low-key he needs to make an all defensive 2nd team or something

Hart has been so great to see. I can't wait to see the lineup with Hart and Mitch. Defense is about to be a problem!

22 years old. Crazy. Y’all want 25 ppg all stars out the womb.
man what the hell do you think is gonna change at this point :lol:

this was the absolute last year for him to show any promise towards turning a corner and he’s regressed significantly

this was the absolute last year for him to show any promise towards turning a corner and he’s regressed significantly
Agreed.. RJ is, at best, an above average player but I just don't see him being a superstar. He made improvements in the past 3 seasons but he has regressed in his 4th season. People who think RJ still has superstar potential are probably the same people that thought Frank was going to blow up during his 4 yr Knicks tenure. On that note, I would love to see RJ prove me wrong but until then, I will keeping asking why the Knicks didn't send RJ and Grimes for Mitchell this past summer.

Last edited:
Tell me you don’t know basketball without telling me you know basketball;

Comparing that bum *** Frank to the potential packed RJ. There is no way in hell you can mention these two in the same breath and be taken seriously.

Frank is the worst player in the NBA; severely allergic to offense. ***** *** floodarea floodarea STILL keeps a folder full of his pics to get off to when he’s feeling down.
Everyone closing the book on RJ is just typical Knicks fan behavior. I almost hope he does find a new home and wreaks havoc once he reaches his prime.

Your problem is expecting a top the 3 player in the league when RJ was NEVER pegged to be some generational talent.

Deluded *** fans just want the biggest names & instant gratification. Let me remind you if you weren’t paying attention these last 20 years has been all about star chasing and shortcuts.

And that was 20 years of misery & failure.

But yeah, let’s keep firing the coaches after a year or two & also just give up on all the young talent for whatever in return, superstar or not.

Last edited:
Tell me you don’t know basketball without telling me you know basketball;

Comparing that bum *** Frank to the potential packed RJ. There is no way in hell you can mention these two in the same breath and be taken seriously.

Everyone closing the book on RJ is just typical Knicks fan behavior. I almost hope he does find a new home and wreaks havoc once he reaches his prime.
RJ is just not that guy for this team, if you gave Obi the time and opportunities RJ has gotten Obi would probably be more valuable to the team than him.

I don't know and by no means a i comparing.... Fulkz is putting it together and looking good IMO. He's 24.

I feel like his passion is there but he just doesn’t have that next gear. He will bless us with hot streaks here and there but most NBA players given the same opportunities as him would do the same.

I don't know and by no means a i comparing.... Fulkz is putting it together and looking good IMO. He's 24.
The difference is Fultz missed almost 4 full seasons and is finally getting reps in. He’s had a few major surgeries too. Rj played almost 100 more games than Fultz.

The difference is Fultz missed almost 4 full seasons and is finally getting reps in.
He missed? Dude was playing so bad they just made an excused to not play him and trade him. Is like Simmons .. dude lost his way, must be ****in Philly. Lmao

But it is what it is ... RJ has always been a volume shooter .... he has always been a winner ... at this point we are paying a dude a heap of money to ride a bench, so keeping RJ is probably in the carda unless we can get a game changing star .. hopefully that's not Levine.

As of now, I'm all for RJ going to another team. The NYK are more efficient without him.
Also, I wasn't comparing RJ and Frank (in terms of skill) lmao... but you know there was a cult following Frank and believing that he would save the NYK one day. :rofl:

Last edited:
always been a fultz fan but his situation is wildly different from RJs

he’s already shed the expectations of being the top pick plus overcome crazy physical and mental hurdles

he should be praised for being wheres he’s at but RJs time in the league so far has really been a cakewalk by comparison

what has he had to overcome?
he’s tripping over himself at this point

You act like he's gonna die at the end of the year or something if he don't take the next step lmfao. He's clearly trying to adjust to another ball dominant guard in Brunson and Thibs isn't making any plays for RJ so he ends up having to create his own shot on a court with multiple ball dominant players. It doesn't help that the defense adjusts to leftys considering we have 3 of them in the starting lineup. The only thing I'll agree on is how bad his defense has been. He could have at least made up for it in defense like he has in previous years.

Back
Top Bottom